ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Look at CBB Referee Life

Show me one post where I’ve blamed an official for a UK loss. I’ll save you the trouble. You can’t. What I’ve blamed officials for is making the game unwatchable. And if you seriously think UK is the only fan base that bashes referees you neeed to get out more.
Man, color me surprised to see these responses...Laughing

I never said UK was the ONLY. EVery fan base gets after it. But BBN takes it to another level, brother. Especially over at the local watering hole, AKA---Rupp Rafters. I mean DUDE---you had fans threatening to kill a ref....I mean, WTF...RollLaugh

Weird. Not at my location. I started with burger patties. My goal is to work the drive-thru. Tired of stinking like old grease.
**** the drive through. Especially during the winter. Give me the grill in those cold as months..

Man, color me surprised to see these responses...Laughing

I never said UK was the ONLY. EVery fan base gets after it. But BBN takes it to another level, brother. Especially over at the local watering hole, AKA---Rupp Rafters. I mean DUDE---you had fans threatening to kill a ref....I mean, WTF...RollLaugh

You know something the FBI doesn’t? Because I don’t recall one guy getting arrested for that.

Hell even Rick Pitino knew officiating was terrible. Told his guys to grab and hold every play because they wouldn’t call them all. Laughing

Same to ya man!
And for the record----CBB officiating needs some structure. It really does. But until NCAA officials are hired as employee's by the NCAA, it just won't happen. I mean say I **** up in the B10---Ok. I can go talk to my buddy who assigns for the ACC....Or the SEC...Or the Big East....Or MVC. I can just move on, that easy. Or I could say **** it---Go work D2. Structure of some kind is needed.

Reactions: RipThru
And for the record----CBB officiating needs some structure. It really does. But until NCAA officials are hired as employee's by the NCAA, it just won't happen. I mean say I **** up in the B10---Ok. I can go talk to my buddy who assigns for the ACC....Or the SEC...Or the Big East....Or MVC. I can just move on, that easy. Or I could say **** it---Go work D2. Structure of some kind is needed.

I've made the same point before. It would also allow for more accountability imo.

IUfanBorden, I have question you may or may not want to answer. As an official, you make a really bad call in the first half, is this discussed at halftime by the other officials? or discussed at timeouts through out the game?

IUfanBorden, I have question you may or may not want to answer. As an official, you make a really bad call in the first half, is this discussed at halftime by the other officials? or discussed at timeouts through out the game?
tenor.gif

Yes. Not ever during a game, though. I've had officials get on my ass----And I have done the same. But yes, calls are discussed at halftime.

You don't have to be an official or attend a clinic to know when a ref, or refs are doing a shitty job. JFC

That sounds like way too much work.

Why don’t you just tell me?

Not at all. I am sure you understand every single rule...how to apply. When to apply it. I am sure you understand PCA's. Court responsibility. Who has shot clock coverage...Who has last second shot responsibility. I am sure you understand "last to touch, first to touch". What happens when there is a lane violation, and a shooting violation, on a FT. WHo gets the ball? What happens? What if a player shoots at the wrong goal, yet commits an offensive foul---is it a foul? Does the basket count if fouled, while shooting on the wrong goal?

I mean, I am sure you know all of this, right?

You act like officiating is quantum physics. No offense, but if you learned how thru a clinic or some weekend seminar, then it's obviously something anybody can do.

Don't be a dick

Please point to where I said it was easy to officiate a D1 game. I said it would be easy to learn, and I stand by that.

And my point remains. You don't have to be an official to know when officials are missing calls, over-officiating, being inconsistent, etc.. You do know that is some very flawed logic right? That's like saying you have to be a plastic surgeon to know when someone got a bad tits job. Obvious is obvious.

And LOL at your stupid Fight Club act with schooner. Acting like it's classified information. Dude, get over yourself. You probably ref pee wee league football.

I think most people could do it, Borden. It’s not like your splitting the atom. I have always felt like 80% of the population can do what each other do for a living if they put the work in. Basketball officiating falls right into that.

Yes, meaning it's something so easy anybody can learn how to do it. I thought that was obvious.

Your lack of reading comprehension only further advances my assessment that any dipshit can learn how to officiate basketball.

I bet you ref like Barney Fife policed Mayberry.

It was---Its why I said what I dd. God damn, are you this stupid? My reading comprehension is just fine, brother. You said its something so easy, that anyone could learn how to do it...Then tell me thats not what you meant.

Are you drunk?

tenor.gif

Baseball /basketball refs are complete homosexuals. Just self serving members of some attention whore club.

The whole holier than thou attitude. "Oh you don't know the rules". who says that? It's some treehouse club they're in.

An ump on our home board said “it’s subtle but he’s definitely showing up the ump there”

No he’s not you tree house club douche

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
An ump on our home board said “it’s subtle but he’s definitely showing up the ump there”

No he’s not you tree house club douche

It's a slippery slope to assume what he did was insulting. Toss out worthy.

I don't know what I'm talking about, throw out my posts. I askmy wife, a bystander, what did this guy do to get thrown out? She said it had to be verbal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Seriously, does this lame duck (going non- homophobic with this post), really think his feelings matter in a game. It seems his feelings made him toss the guy.

What kind of ref T's up or tosses a guy/coach b/c he's consumed with his feelings and he's heard enough? Stick to the rules. No one made any rules about refs getting their feelings hurt. They should be professionals.

"I showed up to a sports game, and a ref's therapy session broke out.".

ADVERTISEMENT