ADVERTISEMENT

Inside Look at CBB Referee Life

Sad that UK fans actually follow refs..(and who’s reffing each game, so they can scapegoat their play) Weird bunch.

it’s a good predictor. We get certain officials in a road game(Doug shows, pat Adams, roger Ayers) I know to go do something else for 2 hours.

Our all time road win% with those guys is much lower than our overall all time road win%.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
it’s a good predictor. We get certain officials in a road game(Doug shows, pat Adams, roger Ayers) I know to go do something else for 2 hours.

Our all time road win% with those guys is much lower than our overall all time road win%.
Ever think that has more to do with the other teams? Maybe with Shows, Adams or Ayers, you are playing @ Florida, or @ UT, or @ Auburn...But with others, your road game isn't as tough? Ever think that might play a role?

Of course not..

"He never shuts up"

I mean............that list of coaches could fill a couple pages.
Not really. Through my experience there are a ton of coaches that hardly ever say anything. Then there are some who are constantly yapping. Bobby Hurley makes Cal look like a deaf, mute though. Dude is awful. Few hardly ever says much. Nor does Musselman. Brad Stevens rarely got upset. Thing is , when those guys got on you, odds are, you missed something.

Since I'm bored, its easy to do and the NFL game sucks....

Since Cals arrival here is Doug Shows games we lost and how much we lost by.

09-10
@bama 2pt

12-13
@Louisville 3pt
TAMU 12 pt Cal T For arguing
@bama 4pt
@UT Robic Ejected, 2 other T's 30pt
@arky 13pt

13-14
UCONN 6pt

15-16
@LSU to many to count

16-17
UCLA 5pt
Kansas 6pt

17-18
UCLA 8pt
@Auburn 10pt
@Florida 13pt

18-19
Duke Lets skip this one
@bama 2pt
@Tenn 4 pt T on Robic

19-20
Evansville 3 pt
Ohio St 6 pt

Also, it says he has a 72.1% win percentage, we have 83 wins and 32 losses. However, only a 71% win since Calipari. Obvious 1% Cal hatred, but he really hates Robic.

Ok, this is funny(to me), but with Pat Adams, we have about a10% better chance of winning since Cal(from 73.8 to 82%).

However, with Roger Ayers we are 12-12 with him all time. Since Calipari we are 7-10. So 50% win percentage to 41%. About 10% worse.

Alright, I've wasted enough time.

Reactions: IUfanBorden

So you won’t watch a Kentucky game because of who the officials end up being?

That’s because UK has never lost a game. They either win or get cheated.
You know the drill.
giphy.gif

Ever think that has more to do with the other teams? Maybe with Shows, Adams or Ayers, you are playing @ Florida, or @ UT, or @ Auburn...But with others, your road game isn't as tough? Ever think that might play a role?

Of course not..
Those guys just always happen to call our toughest road games. Sure.

Even when we win those games I end up being glad I didn’t watch because it’s always such an officiating shit show it’s not enjoyable.

jamie luckie is another one. When he’s calling our road games I know it’s going to be ugly. And luckie has admitted to controlling the spread on games and says it’s just what they do in so many words.

Do you think it's acceptable for officials to discuss bias with the media?
I do not. But who said anything about bias? You know its possible not to like someone, or think someone is a big ass crybaby, but not have a bias toward them, right? Do I think some officials dislike Cal? I sure do. I also think some officials don't like Izzo, K, Roy, Miller, etc, etc....In other words, its nothing unique to Cal.

Reactions: UL_1986
All of these officials that you UK fans think hate you are the same officials the other blueblood psycho fans think hate them as well. UNC fans have listed those exact same names. It is more than likely because they do higher profile, tight games and in those games the chance to lose is more and thus the chance to find plays to bitch about is more.

Those guys just always happen to call our toughest road games. Sure.
I dunno.. I seriously cannot believe some of you feel most officials are out to get you. Its mind boggling, TBH. IMO, some of you just cannot accept losing, and need to place blame somewhere. So who better to do so than the officials. Plus now with Cal feeding the fire, the referee conspiracy from BBN is stronger than ever. TBH dude, its down right comical.

As for "those guys" just always happen to call UK's toughest road games? Probably so. Those "guys" are high level officials. FF's, Regional finals, National title games, etc, etc...So of course those "guys" are going to get assigned to high level games.

Just a question---Do you honestly not feel that UK is capable of losing?

All of these officials that you UK fans think hate you are the same officials the other blueblood psycho fans think hate them as well. UNC fans have listed those exact same names. It is more than likely because they do higher profile, tight games and in those games the chance to lose is more and thus the chance to find plays to bitch about is more.
Dude, that just makes to much sense. Indiana fans list the same officials as hating them. Ted Valentine is absolutely loathed in Bloomington. But UK fans think its unique to them. Officials are out to get them.

Growing up, my uncles would always scare me with---"You better watch out---The Boggy Creek monster is under your bed." I have a feeling in Kentucky, its quite different. More like...

"Son, you better watch out----Doug Shows, Pat Adams and John Higgins are under your bed...."LaughingLaughing

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Here's the thing: Guys like Shows, Adams, Higgins, Valentine...they are guys who have done this for a long time. Highly thought of. Well respected by their peers, by their bosses, etc, etc...So they work the majority of the high profile games. So their names are gonna stick out. Look,there is always going to be controversy. Always. It doesn't matter who's calling the game. You could have three guys who are "new", just starting out, and there is going to be controversy. Just so happens that guys like Adams, Higgins, etc, etc...work a ton of high profile games. And for good reason.

I do not. But who said anything about bias? You know its possible not to like someone, or think someone is a big ass crybaby, but not have a bias toward them, right? Do I think some officials dislike Cal? I sure do. I also think some officials don't like Izzo, K, Roy, Miller, etc, etc....In other words, its nothing unique to Cal.
I'm not trying to bicker. Just interested in your point of view is all.

In my opinion, it's not a good look to discuss your personal or professional thoughts about a head coach with someone in the media. It definitely reeks of bias. Or prejudice, whichever term you prefer.

It also lends credence to the conspiracy theorists.

I'm not trying to bicker. Just interested in your point of view is all.

In my opinion, it's not a good look to discuss your personal or professional thoughts about a head coach with someone in the media. It definitely reeks of bias. Or prejudice, whichever term you prefer.

It also lends credence to the conspiracy theorists.
I think you are putting waaaay to much into this. Its a writer, whos doing a story. So he is asking for information from officials. Its not like an official is going public, calling out a coach, or coaches, on SportsCenter or something. Its simply a writer aprroaching some officials, and getting their take on coaches.
Look, because you think someone is a whiner, doesn't mean you have a bias toward them. It just means you think they are a whiner. I know a lot of officials who think K and Boeheim are some of the biggest whining dudes in the game. MOF, most high level D1 coaches are. Some just do so more than others. I've had games where a coach barely said a word...I've had games where coaches bitched from the opening tip, to the final buzzer. Every trip down the floor. Other guys who very seldom say anything.

Its really not that big of a deal. But to you, I guess I could see why it is---Or seems to be,

FTR, if I were approached , and asked about coaches, I would 100% answer. Explain to me how that is me being biased?

I dunno.. I seriously cannot believe some of you feel most officials are out to get you. Its mind boggling, TBH. IMO, some of you just cannot accept losing, and need to place blame somewhere. So who better to do so than the officials. Plus now with Cal feeding the fire, the referee conspiracy from BBN is stronger than ever. TBH dude, its down right comical.

As for "those guys" just always happen to call UK's toughest road games? Probably so. Those "guys" are high level officials. FF's, Regional finals, National title games, etc, etc...So of course those "guys" are going to get assigned to high level games.

Just a question---Do you honestly not feel that UK is capable of losing?

don’t be a dick dude.

I think you are putting waaaay to much into this. Its a writer, whos doing a story. So he is asking for information from officials. Its not like an official is going public, calling out a coach, or coaches, on SportsCenter or something. Its simply a writer aprroaching some officials, and getting their take on coaches.
Look, because you think someone is a whiner, doesn't mean you have a bias toward them. It just means you think they are a whiner. I know a lot of officials who think K and Boeheim are some of the biggest whining dudes in the game. MOF, most high level D1 coaches are. Some just do so more than others. I've had games where a coach barely said a word...I've had games where coaches bitched from the opening tip, to the final buzzer. Every trip down the floor. Other guys who very seldom say anything.

Its really not that big of a deal. But to you, I guess I could see why it is---Or seems to be,

FTR, if I were approached , and asked about coaches, I would 100% answer. Explain to me how that is me being biased?
Why are you being so defensive?

Why are you being so defensive?
LAMO...."so defensive"? I simply answered your question. I'm not be defensive at all. I find it quite funny, TBH. Entertainment. Why is it I'm being so defensive? You ask me a question---I answered it. Would you rather me not answer it?

jamie luckie is another one. When he’s calling our road games I know it’s going to be ugly. And luckie has admitted to controlling the spread on games and says it’s just what they do in so many words.
Umm, sure------Expect, well.....No. I mean if he admitted to this, not only would he be out of a job, but probably in jail. In case you do not know, point shaving is a serious crime, brother. And you are saying that an official admitted to doing so?

Yeah, Ok.

LAMO...."so defensive"? I simply answered your question. I'm not be defensive at all. I find it quite funny, TBH. Entertainment. Why is it I'm being so defensive? You ask me a question---I answered it. Would you rather me not answer it?
Sorry if you've had a bad day IUfanBorden. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Cheers

Reactions: Montana81
I think it is more a case of UK fans being hypersensitive here. You guys feel like people are out to get you. I live close enough to Kentucky to know that is the way it is with some fans there. Hell, some of my friends feel this way. So when logic and reason stands up to this paranoia I think it confuses you. You aren't sure how to react so you project this sensitivity towards others.

UNC has these fans as well. They just stick to their home boards.

Last edited:
Reactions: UL_1986
Sorry if you've had a bad day IUfanBorden. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Cheers
Had a terrific day...Terrific weekend. See no reason why tomorrow won't be more of the same. Hell, I'm sorry that you have to go through every basketball season, thinking the big bad referee's are out to get you.Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT