ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

I don’t have to explain anything to you. It’s obvious what I meant. You made a 2nd account to talk to yourself about a 3* basketball player that’s going to Georgetown, lkc. Explain that.
You are sick man. What second account? Did you just get released from a mental institution?

Purdue fans always criticized by iu fans for yelling Iu sucks at their games. Iu fans were yelling it at the iu game against Michigan. Their announcer said it was the ugliest iu game he’d seen or something close to that. Maybe Adidas needs to up the ante next season. $100,000 just doesn’t go as far as it used to.

They were also chanting "airball" down 64-44 with 2 minutes left.

Exactly, even though Dale would know the best, he had the least influence.

tenor.gif

Fanbases should probably not troll when they are getting embarrassed at home
WHo's trolling? I mean---it was an air ball. I doubt to many 18 year old college students care what the score is. Plus, dude---I was kidding. I mea, didn't the emjoi kinda of give that away?

WHo's trolling? I mean---it was an air ball. I doubt to many 18 year old college students care what the score is. Plus, dude---I was kidding. I mea, didn't the emjoi kinda of give that away?

Indiana fans that go to Indiana games don't care what the score is?

And chanting airball when someone misses a shot is trolling.

Indiana fans that go to Indiana games don't care what the score is?

And chanting airball when someone misses a shot is trolling.
I dunno, Hail. I'm pretty certain you are on to something here, though. Maybe yo should get a hold of ESPN and let them in on the scoop: IU STUDENTS chant 'air ball', while down 22. Its been a slow week. So maybe your "scoop" makes the Not so Top 10? They are students Hail. 7, 000 of them. I don't think its a stretch to assume many of them probably don't care. Just there to be "part of it". I mean, did you go to college?

Reactions: kl40504
I dunno, Hail. I'm pretty certain you are on to something here, though. Maybe yo should get a hold of ESPN and let them in on the scoop: IU STUDENTS chant 'air ball', while down 22. Its been a slow week. So maybe your "scoop" makes the Not so Top 10? They are students Hail. 7, 000 of them. I don't think its a stretch to assume many of them probably don't care. Just there to be "part of it". I mean, did you go to college?

It's not news. It's just funny.

Glad you finally recognized it. You have mentioned a second account before and I have no idea what you are talking about. Please explain.

Not explaining anything to someone who made a 2nd account and talked to themselves in a thread about a 3* prospect at Georgetown.

Did IU lose any players to injury after the Louisville game?
Yes

Hunter top 50 recruit after 1st exhibition game I believe
Race Thompson top 80 recruit after 1st game in practice

Davis top 50 recruit has been out multiple times, but has been basically out since around xmas and gone for season

Green was indefinitely suspended last week

Phinisee missed 3 weeks and still isn't playing like he was because injury

Mcroberts missed around 3 weeks with a back issue and has been playing through it since mid December

Durham missed I believe 2 or 3 weeks early in year and then 1 game recently, but back now

I think there was 1 more, but I cant remember

I have no love for Indiana basketball even though I respect it; however, piling on Indiana turns me off.

Indiana is a proud program, great tradition and a following that few teams can equal.

I actually think that Indiana in on its way to being good again. As Borden said luck has not been with IU this year.

I remember how horrible it was being a UK fan in the Billy Gillispie years.

For those piling on just remember that some day your team is not going to be in tip top shape. If you pile on now I hope you get piled on later.

End of sermon.
I appreciate this! Unfortunately, most of the ridiculous crap is coming from IU fans who go up and down on emotions more then teenage girls!

Archie will be fine and questioning if he will get fired this year is just stupid! I'm fine with people being upset about the team, but most are ignoring every single detail. When he walked through the doors IU had 16 scholarship players on the roster when the freshman walked through the door. Crean had also left the APR so bad that if even 1 player transferred with a GPA under 2.6 they would start getting post season bans. So, he literally couldn't push a single player out and bring in any of his guys.

Due to injuries and now a suspension....he has 6 players who are BIG level players. 2 are freshman, 2 are sophomores and 2 seniors....but one of those seniors is a walkon with a bad back! There just isn't much that can be done with the cards that have been dealt.

Due to injuries and now a suspension....he has 6 players who are BIG level players. 2 are freshman, 2 are sophomores and 2 seniors....but one of those seniors is a walkon with a bad back! There just isn't much that can be done with the cards that have been dealt.

We had a similar situation a few years ago except worse because our injury list included our top 2 players (Walton and LeVert). Some people still cite that missed tournament as a knock on Beilein which isn't very fair IMO.

Reactions: jace4655555
Yes

Hunter top 50 recruit after 1st exhibition game I believe
Race Thompson top 80 recruit after 1st game in practice

Davis top 50 recruit has been out multiple times, but has been basically out since around xmas and gone for season

Green was indefinitely suspended last week

Phinisee missed 3 weeks and still isn't playing like he was because injury

Mcroberts missed around 3 weeks with a back issue and has been playing through it since mid December

Durham missed I believe 2 or 3 weeks early in year and then 1 game recently, but back now

I think there was 1 more, but I cant remember
The question though, was, which players are out, due to injury AFTER the Louisville game.
You guys were good enough to beat a decent Louisville team on December 8th, who was injured after December 8th?

The question though, was, which players are out, due to injury AFTER the Louisville game.
You guys were good enough to beat a decent Louisville team on December 8th, who was injured after December 8th?

Said the same thing in homeboard no one wanted to listen. But do think the team has some talent but they have a small margin of error. They’ve lost the fight they had.

Davis, Phinisee, Durham for 1 or 2 games, and now green are all I know for sure, but I feel like theres 1 more that I'm missing.

Said the same thing in homeboard no one wanted to listen. But do think the team has some talent but they have a small margin of error. They’ve lost the fight they had.
I think they can still win some also, but only if it's a game where someone is shooting decent from 3.

We had a similar situation a few years ago except worse because our injury list included our top 2 players (Walton and LeVert). Some people still cite that missed tournament as a knock on Beilein which isn't very fair IMO.
I thought there was another guy as well. Plus, didn't UM lose these guys in Feb? That's tough because if memory serves me correct, UM was 6-3 in the Big 10 when these injuries occurred...???

We are short on talent due to injuries/suspension. No doubt. Injuries have derailed what was shaping up to be a pretty good team. I think the injury that has hurt the most was Phinisee. IU was playing good basketball before he was hurt. I just think having Green get so many minutes at the "1", really put this team in a funk. BUT....that doesn't explain the lack of effort and fight going on with this team. Still time to turn it around. But I wouldn't count on it.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
We lost Phinisee for 3 weeks to a concussion after the UL game. There were others, but that was a huge loss. He was playing well, gaining confidence as a frosh, and coming into his own. You could see the confidence, calmness this team had with him on the floor. Just a huge blow to the team. Then Davis gets hurt(ankle). Even though he played, dude could barely walk. Early in the year, IU was getting what they needed from him, as he worked his way back into game shape. Then we lose Durham for a week or so....Then Green; and now he's suspended. Its just been one injury after another with this team. Hard to build on anything when you continue losing guys. Biggest loss though was Phin. You could see this team just struggle w/o him. He's back now of course, but he's not what he was. Close, though. SO hopefully he gets back and maybe Green returns with a new attitude??? Bottom line though, its still not an excuse for how this team starts games. You gave have the fight. We don't. Hopefully Miller or anyone for that matter, lights a fire under these dude's asses. If not---IU might not win another game.

Reactions: kyjeff1
No, it ain't. Seems he has, though. No fight. I mean, sure there was some early in the 2nd half, but like I told my wife---"Unless UM goes cold, we ain't winning". Just answer for you guys defensively or offensively. Team just looked disinterested. Have so for a while now. But hey, I'll continue to watch. Just really no interest though. I could have worked a game tonight-----Should have.

that has more to do with the players you recruit then anything else
some players just do not have that "fire" you need to win
a coach can only do so much to light that fire

Not explaining anything to someone who made a 2nd account and talked to themselves in a thread about a 3* prospect at Georgetown.
Nice try. You should watch that 3 star. He is on tv today and is leading scorer for Gtown against St. John.

McClung scored 25 points with 5 rebounds and 5 assists in Georgetown's upset of St. Johns today at St. Johns. Pretty good for a 3 star recruit.

We lost Phinisee for 3 weeks to a concussion after the UL game. There were others, but that was a huge loss. He was playing well, gaining confidence as a frosh, and coming into his own. You could see the confidence, calmness this team had with him on the floor. Just a huge blow to the team. Then Davis gets hurt(ankle). Even though he played, dude could barely walk. Early in the year, IU was getting what they needed from him, as he worked his way back into game shape. Then we lose Durham for a week or so....Then Green; and now he's suspended. Its just been one injury after another with this team. Hard to build on anything when you continue losing guys. Biggest loss though was Phin. You could see this team just struggle w/o him. He's back now of course, but he's not what he was. Close, though. SO hopefully he gets back and maybe Green returns with a new attitude??? Bottom line though, its still not an excuse for how this team starts games. You gave have the fight. We don't. Hopefully Miller or anyone for that matter, lights a fire under these dude's asses. If not---IU might not win another game.
Sounds like a really bad situation. Hopefully getting Phinisee back and up to speed will right the ship for you guys.

Sounds like you lost your best PG (Phinisee). I didn't know that.
That alone will crush a team.

Sounds like a really bad situation. Hopefully getting Phinisee back and up to speed will right the ship for you guys.
Meh.....Maybe. Green suspension hurts. Its just one thing after another. Rob seems to be getting close...Seems more in attack mode. But we are gonna need more. Need Morgan/Lamgford to take control. Unfortunately, Langford just isn't that type of player. he's an ALpha talent, with a Beta demeanor. Its just who he is.

ADVERTISEMENT