ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

Oh I'm sure the injuries are playing a major role in the issues IU is having, but I just don't think Archie is a very good coach.
I think Indiana deserves better. Could you imagine where IU would be right now had they hired Brad Stevens when he was coaching right down the road?
This is the meanest thing that anyone has ever said to me! I constantly look back to year 3 of Crean, when there were glaring issues starting to show. Year 3 was the window for them to hire him.

Reactions: kl40504
Agree. My disdain is more aggravation than anything. Plus the old, "what could have been". The injury bug hasn't been kind to us. That being said, we have who we have. So you adjust. I'm just afraid this teams confidence is wrecked. But, hey---beat Michigan, and who knows.

Millers going to get an opportunity to have a class come through. If he wants to make it to year 5, I'd encourage him to recruit some shooters.
This outlook from is definitely understandable and truthfully, it's what I figured all of your rants recently were coming from.

I can't really fault him too much on the part about not recruiting 3pt shooters. Romeo was as likely to shoot 50% from 3 as he was to shoot his current 22%. The kid was a solid 35 to 38% shooter in high school. You worked some of his games...it wasn't uncommon to face a constant double team each night and still had no problem being I believe a 38% shooter his senior season?.

He brought in a grad transfer who had no problem shooting over 40% for a team good enough to play in multiple NCAA tournament appearances, I believe. I know he was a part of 1 tournament team, at least... But now that player literally can't hit a layup....let alone a 3.

He lost Hunter a top 50 recruit whose a 6'7" guy who is best at shooting.

He lost Phinisee for 3 weeks of games, but add another 2 on top of that because he was rusty as hell the first few games back! But, he was shooting over 40% and had no problem with taking the game winning shot....and making it!

I sometimes get tired of hearing people talk about "next man up" and that injuries are apart of the game. Don't get me wrong, both of those sayings are completely true, but you only have a finite amount of players who can be next player up. Even a team like Duke who can get basically whoever they want....wouldn't be a top 2 or 3 team if they lost the amount of players IU has this year! It becomes a point where it's not an excuse, its just facts of the situation!

I have never seen a team go through this amount of injuries....EVER! So, I can't fault him for not recruiting shooters....because he did. They either have been injured for all, or huge chunks of the season (hunter, Phinisee), or drastically underperformed and missed a shitload of wide open shots (Langford, Fitzner).

The only possible thing that I can hold against him, is not playing Anderson more who is also a good 3pt shooter. But even with him, we've all seen that every single time he does get into a game, he quickly let's his guy score a few baskets, turns the ball over, and picks up 2 quick fouls. So I cant blame Archie too much there.

Another complaint, is since this team has constantly had what seemed like effort issues...I would have liked to see him get Forrester into the games a little for a few minute bursts. He's known as an extremely high energy player, so who knows....maybe he could spark something.?

Sorry for how long this is...I've been sick the past 3 days and stuck in a hospital bed during that time. So, haven't posted anything lately. Actually, let's face it....you're probably better off if you didn't read down to this point.

Get better Jace.
I appreciate it! Fortunately, I'm home now, so that's all that matters. Wife's pissed that I self checked myself out last night. But, if after 3 days they still have zero ideas whats going on and they even admit that the next set of tests can be done in the drs office, or as outpatient....I don't see much point in paying all that extra money to experience the hospitals nightlife.

Especially without health insurance!

Not surprising you think I was “trolling.”

Weird to see that you aren’t concerned. Why would I want you to do bad? Why does every single post that someone doesn’t like have to be labeled as a “troll post?”

It could end up being our worst loss of the year.
You said----"could be 9 staight losses".

Then ended it with---"Is NCAAT a guarantee".

Maybe that's why?

As for being concerned.....Sure I am. But what is there to do? Injuries have killed this team. You asked what has happened----Injuries is what has happened. One after another.

You said----"could be 9 staight losses".

Then ended it with---"Is NCAAT a guarantee".

Maybe that's why?

As for being concerned.....Sure I am. But what is there to do? Injuries have killed this team. You asked what has happened----Injuries is what has happened. One after another.
Seriously not trying to stoke the flames, but didn't you actually say this exact thing after the Purdue game? Now that I think about it....you went a step further and said that the NIT wasn't a guarantee

Seriously not trying to stoke the flames, but didn't you actually say this exact thing after the Purdue game? Now that I think about it....you went a step further and said that the NIT wasn't a guarantee
Huh? I think you probably need to read the entire thing---Or re-read. I think you are misunderstanding. I think? No, I don't think the NCAAT is a guarantee. Nor do I think the NIT is. But that's not the context of the conversation. I said he was trolling....Maybe he was---Maybe he wasn't. I said so b/c he said IU could lose their next 9. Then ask, "Is the NCAAT a guarantee"? This about a team that has lost 5 straight, and COULD lose 9(straight). So of course the NCAAT isn't a guarantee. Hell, it ain't a guarantee for Louisville.

Hope this clears things up.

Mich 0-8 last 4 mins.....
So much for watching a good college basketball game on a Friday night, I got to turn this shit show off

We are playing like shit too

Livers has at least 3 missed layups ridiculous!! and we are 4-17 from 3 . Matthews has been terrible for at least 6-7 games now

This outlook from is definitely understandable and truthfully, it's what I figured all of your rants recently were coming from.

I can't really fault him too much on the part about not recruiting 3pt shooters. Romeo was as likely to shoot 50% from 3 as he was to shoot his current 22%. The kid was a solid 35 to 38% shooter in high school. You worked some of his games...it wasn't uncommon to face a constant double team each night and still had no problem being I believe a 38% shooter his senior season?.

He brought in a grad transfer who had no problem shooting over 40% for a team good enough to play in multiple NCAA tournament appearances, I believe. I know he was a part of 1 tournament team, at least... But now that player literally can't hit a layup....let alone a 3.

He lost Hunter a top 50 recruit whose a 6'7" guy who is best at shooting.

He lost Phinisee for 3 weeks of games, but add another 2 on top of that because he was rusty as hell the first few games back! But, he was shooting over 40% and had no problem with taking the game winning shot....and making it!

I sometimes get tired of hearing people talk about "next man up" and that injuries are apart of the game. Don't get me wrong, both of those sayings are completely true, but you only have a finite amount of players who can be next player up. Even a team like Duke who can get basically whoever they want....wouldn't be a top 2 or 3 team if they lost the amount of players IU has this year! It becomes a point where it's not an excuse, its just facts of the situation!

I have never seen a team go through this amount of injuries....EVER! So, I can't fault him for not recruiting shooters....because he did. They either have been injured for all, or huge chunks of the season (hunter, Phinisee), or drastically underperformed and missed a shitload of wide open shots (Langford, Fitzner).

The only possible thing that I can hold against him, is not playing Anderson more who is also a good 3pt shooter. But even with him, we've all seen that every single time he does get into a game, he quickly let's his guy score a few baskets, turns the ball over, and picks up 2 quick fouls. So I cant blame Archie too much there.

Another complaint, is since this team has constantly had what seemed like effort issues...I would have liked to see him get Forrester into the games a little for a few minute bursts. He's known as an extremely high energy player, so who knows....maybe he could spark something.?

Sorry for how long this is...I've been sick the past 3 days and stuck in a hospital bed during that time. So, haven't posted anything lately. Actually, let's face it....you're probably better off if you didn't read down to this point.

@TheDude1 would be proud of you
he has written many novels on this board Winking

Broken program is what IU is. Never thought I see it. Injuries have sucked. But, those have come and gone. Who we have is who we have; and that ain't to awful. MOF, its pretty decent. BUt......I simply think Miller has lost this team. Chemistry is a huge issue. Hard to believe this team was 12-2. Again, imjuries have hurt. But that song has played itself out.

Unfortunate that Langford will not play in the NCAAT. And Morgan will miss it his senior year.

Broken program is what IU is. Never thought I see it. Injuries have sucked. But, those have come and gone. Who we have is who we have; and that ain't to awful. MOF, its pretty decent. BUt......I simply think Miller has lost this team. Chemistry is a huge issue. Hard to believe this team was 12-2. Again, imjuries have hurt. But that song has played itself out.

Unfortunate that Langford will not play in the NCAAT. And Morgan will miss it his senior year.

Not a good look for the coach to lose a team

Not a good look for the coach to lose a team
No, it ain't. Seems he has, though. No fight. I mean, sure there was some early in the 2nd half, but like I told my wife---"Unless UM goes cold, we ain't winning". Just answer for you guys defensively or offensively. Team just looked disinterested. Have so for a while now. But hey, I'll continue to watch. Just really no interest though. I could have worked a game tonight-----Should have.

No, it ain't. Seems he has, though. No fight. I mean, sure there was some early in the 2nd half, but like I told my wife---"Unless UM goes cold, we ain't winning". Just answer for you guys defensively or offensively. Team just looked disinterested. Have so for a while now. But hey, I'll continue to watch. Just really no interest though. I could have worked a game tonight-----Should have.

Who would you replace him with

Expected better things out of Archie than what is going on. Maybe he gets it going, but also could be that he was fine at a school like Dayton where he could look good as the underdog, and now he’s at a big boy school the pressures of winning are getting to him.

Time will tell, question is, how much time will he get.

Who would you replace him with
Me......:D

TBH, probably a tad early for that. Been some issues with injuries---So I guess there is that. Plus, most seem to think, a coach needs to get at least 4 years. So there is that. I dunno what the problem is. But something has changed.

Expected better things out of Archie than what is going on. Maybe he gets it going, but also could be that he was fine at a school like Dayton where he could look good as the underdog, and now he’s at a big boy school the pressures of winning are getting to him.

Time will tell, question is, how much time will he get.
If this continues-----I mean, not sure its a given he survives this year? I mean, this team could lose out. IU goes from 12-2, to 12-19, and not sure Miller gets year three. Maybe he does. I do feel this....If he misses the postseason, next year will be a huge, huge year for him.

TBH, amazingly surprised. I've met a ton of coaches thorugh my officiating. He always came off as a very, very solid basketball guy. But hey...who knows.

Yeah this isn't injuries. Something is really wrong internally. To come out like that? Hard to believe. And there is real possibility that Langford checks out for the Draft. Might have already started. He was pretty bad tonight. No emotion or grit.

Yeah this isn't injuries. Something is really wrong internally. To come out like that? Hard to believe. And there is real possibility that Langford checks out for the Draft. Might have already started. He was pretty bad tonight. No emotion or grit.
Yeah, something is amiss. I mean yeah the injuries hurt. I would have loved to have seen this team 100%. ANyways.......We have gotten worse. It seems as if they have checked out. I mean this team blasted Marquette. Beat a pretty good UL team. And now-------Just bottom.

And look, I get it. Coaches need time. Get "your guys", to fit "your system". But, ya know, I mean....sans Romeo and Phinisee, its the same group. Last year, those dudes fought man. IU was a tough ass out. You had to beat them. So you would think losing Newkirk and Johnson, and replacing them with Phinisee and Langford, that well, we'd be better. Again----I get it---Injuries. But this ain't that anymore. I mean how do you come out and look the way we did tonight?

Reactions: blue_in_chicago

Purdue fans always criticized by iu fans for yelling Iu sucks at their games. Iu fans were yelling it at the iu game against Michigan. Their announcer said it was the ugliest iu game he’d seen or something close to that. Maybe Adidas needs to up the ante next season. $100,000 just doesn’t go as far as it used to.

Ok, who isn't playing for IU due to a injury? When did the injury occur, thanks

Only 2 of them were seniors. Our best player (Spalding) was just a junior. We weren't getting any love whatsoever to start the season, like literally we were projected to be horrible because we were relying on not so good transfers, 3 freshman who didn't particularly play great last year, and a big man who was unproven at Uconn and had to sit out last year. Our lead returning scorer (Nwora) only averaged 8pts a game last season. So yes, a lot is coaching, look where we are now. So yes, we were in very similar situations.
Where are you now?

Now Borden you never seemed to be a fair weather fan before.

Yeah, something is amiss. I mean yeah the injuries hurt. I would have loved to have seen this team 100%. ANyways.......We have gotten worse. It seems as if they have checked out. I mean this team blasted Marquette. Beat a pretty good UL team. And now-------Just bottom.

And look, I get it. Coaches need time. Get "your guys", to fit "your system". But, ya know, I mean....sans Romeo and Phinisee, its the same group. Last year, those dudes fought man. IU was a tough ass out. You had to beat them. So you would think losing Newkirk and Johnson, and replacing them with Phinisee and Langford, that well, we'd be better. Again----I get it---Injuries. But this ain't that anymore. I mean how do you come out and look the way we did tonight?
Did IU lose any players to injury after the Louisville game?

I don’t know Justin Bieber you tell me.
You are the one that brought it up in this post: Just wanting you to clarify where you are now.

Only 2 of them were seniors. Our best player (Spalding) was just a junior. We weren't getting any love whatsoever to start the season, like literally we were projected to be horrible because we were relying on not so good transfers, 3 freshman who didn't particularly play great last year, and a big man who was unproven at Uconn and had to sit out last year. Our lead returning scorer (Nwora) only averaged 8pts a game last season. So yes, a lot is coaching, look where we are now. So yes, we were in very similar situations.

You are the one that brought it up in this post: Just wanting you to clarify where you are now.

I don’t have to explain anything to you. It’s obvious what I meant. You made a 2nd account to talk to yourself about a 3* basketball player that’s going to Georgetown, lkc. Explain that.

I have no love for Indiana basketball even though I respect it; however, piling on Indiana turns me off.

Indiana is a proud program, great tradition and a following that few teams can equal.

I actually think that Indiana in on its way to being good again. As Borden said luck has not been with IU this year.

I remember how horrible it was being a UK fan in the Billy Gillispie years.

For those piling on just remember that some day your team is not going to be in tip top shape. If you pile on now I hope you get piled on later.

End of sermon.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT