ADVERTISEMENT

Indiana

Jeff you usually post quality stuff. And TBH, this ain't bad. But "tried to tell us"? What, that in his second season, Miller would lose 5 scholarship players in a month? Look, I'm over the "injury excuse". BUT.....I mean, that's tough to overcome. I'm aggravated. Even question Miller(esp. on offense). But, I mean we are 18 months in. He has lost damn near half his roster to injury. I don't care how good you are----you lose 5 scholly dudes, you are gonna have issues.
We'll see how this plays out.

Louisville lost Quentin Snider, Mahmoud, Adel, Spalding, and Lance Thomas. That’s 5 scholly players. 4 of them were starters. And Chris Mack is in year 1. Not saying we don’t have issues, but we’re clearly getting better, could easily beat last years team even though we lost basically all of our scoring, and we are playing a way tougher schedule this year.

Reactions: Boiler4life92
Jeff you usually post quality stuff. And TBH, this ain't bad. But "tried to tell us"? What, that in his second season, Miller would lose 5 scholarship players in a month? Look, I'm over the "injury excuse". BUT.....I mean, that's tough to overcome. I'm aggravated. Even question Miller(esp. on offense). But, I mean we are 18 months in. He has lost damn near half his roster to injury. I don't care how good you are----you lose 5 scholly dudes, you are gonna have issues.
We'll see how this plays out.
Do you know how many IU fans came over to Rupp's Rafters to tell all of us UK fans how awesome their shiney new coach was and how they were going to kick our ass?
Again, we tried to tell them to pump the breaks. I mean Archie is an okay coach, but look at his accomplishments. No final gours, no titles and moderate success at mid major schools.
Everyone talks about how UK fans get under their skin, we get nasty comments thrown our way constantly because there are a large amount of UK fans that run their mouths all over the net, well, IU has some pretty nasty fans too.

Reactions: kl40504
Do you know how many IU fans came over to Rupp's Rafters to tell all of us UK fans how awesome their shiney new coach was and how they were going to kick our ass?
Again, we tried to tell them to pump the breaks. I mean Archie is an okay coach, but look at his accomplishments. No final gours, no titles and moderate success at mid major schools.
Everyone talks about how UK fans get under their skin, we get nasty comments thrown our way constantly because there are a large amount of UK fans that run their mouths all over the net, well, IU has some pretty nasty fans too.
So you don't think the massive injuries suffered by IU, has had any impact? If not, thats fine. I do know this---If this were UK, it certainly would be(a reason). Or a Purdue....Or a Duke. Bottom line----the injuries have wrecked this team. BUT.....you have what you have. So adjust. SO far---well, we haven't. We've got who we got now. Back half of the schedule is a tad easier. So lets see what goes on.

Ceratin ly wouldn't be Iowa...RollLaugh

Just wait......Iowa's typical 9 game losing skid is coming.
don't recall there being that many if any 9 game losing skids. since there were none in the 2 worst season when they went 4-18 in league play. it is going to hard to lose 9 in a row since there are only 12 games left.

don't recall there being that many if any 9 game losing skids. since there were none in the 2 worst season when they went 4-18 in league play. it is going to hard to lose 9 in a row since there are only 12 games left.
It is pretty tough to do but as the Op points out, Indiana is already halfway there.

If anybody can do it, Indiana can.

First off, it was sarcasm. Poking fun at Iowa's usual meltdowns in B10 play. I didn't literally mean "9 in arow". BUT...........with that being said, 12 is greater than 9. So, I mean, if anyone can lose 9/12----its your boys.

Yeah....Iowa "being full" is why TJD wouldn't go there.Laughing
Fran does not crean players to make room. after over signing. this is the difference between Fran and Crean, Fran does not over sign, nor does he have to. a little refresher on this years team on this years top players
PG JR 4* Jordan
SG RSJR 4* Moss
SF FR 4* Top 100 by ESPN #42 by Rival Wieskamp
PF JR 4* #38 by ESPN top 100 by Rivals
C SO 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
Backup PG 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
RSSR Baer BT 6th MOY in the 16-17 season now back to being the 6th man again.

this team is no where near last years team nobody is playing out of position.

Disappointing year thus far given the Romeo hype, but it’s still somewhat early. He could turn it around in a month’s time.

IU will give Archie at least 4, if not 5 years, especially with the way he’s recruited lately. No need to panic yet.

Fran does not crean players to make room. after over signing. this is the difference between Fran and Crean, Fran does not over sign, nor does he have to. a little refresher on this years team on this years top players
PG JR 4* Jordan
SG RSJR 4* Moss
SF FR 4* Top 100 by ESPN #42 by Rival Wieskamp
PF JR 4* #38 by ESPN top 100 by Rivals
C SO 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
Backup PG 4* top 100 by ESPN 4* by Rivals
RSSR Baer BT 6th MOY in the 16-17 season now back to being the 6th man again.

this team is no where near last years team nobody is playing out of position.
TJD said NO, when you weren't full.

Thats the only difference needed to know.

Disappointing year thus far given the Romeo hype, but it’s still somewhat early. He could turn it around in a month’s time.

IU will give Archie at least 4, if not 5 years, especially with the way he’s recruited lately. No need to panic yet.
Agree. My disdain is more aggravation than anything. Plus the old, "what could have been". The injury bug hasn't been kind to us. That being said, we have who we have. So you adjust. I'm just afraid this teams confidence is wrecked. But, hey---beat Michigan, and who knows.

Millers going to get an opportunity to have a class come through. If he wants to make it to year 5, I'd encourage him to recruit some shooters.

Reactions: Hank_
First off, it was sarcasm. Poking fun at Iowa's usual meltdowns in B10 play. I didn't literally mean "9 in arow". BUT...........with that being said, 12 is greater than 9. So, I mean, if anyone can lose 9/12----its your boys.
usual meltdown is really stretching it
in the 15-16 these were the losses to end that season. after they were 19-4
@Indiana
@ PSU
VS Wisconsin
@ OSU
VS Indiana who ended up the BT Champion that year

Illinois in the BTT this after Iowa won the 2 games in the regular season. of course you will tell me that none of these teams deserved to win. especially Indiana and Wisconsin.

TJD said NO, when you weren't full.

Thats the only difference needed to know.
Patrick and Trussaint had committed and Fran only had/has 2 schorlarships to give out in this class. they would have a 3rd if Cook were to leave early and right now the rumor is he is coming back for his SR year.

again no scholarship to give so JD had no option at Iowa. keep telling yourself about JD would have or would not have done, in the end if he had waited he just might have picked MSU or Purdue.

Patrick and Trussaint had committed and Fran only had/has 2 schorlarships to give out in this class. they would have a 3rd if Cook were to leave early and right now the rumor is he is coming back for his SR year.

again no scholarship to give so JD had no option at Iowa. keep telling yourself about JD would have or would not have done, in the end if he had waited he just might have picked MSU or Purdue.
TJD was a Hoosier from Day one. It doesn't matter if he had waited or not.

Also, I love how you always point out that Fran would pass on 5* kids. Maybe thats why he sucks ass?

Louisville lost Quentin Snider, Mahmoud, Adel, Spalding, and Lance Thomas. That’s 5 scholly players. 4 of them were starters. And Chris Mack is in year 1. Not saying we don’t have issues, but we’re clearly getting better, could easily beat last years team even though we lost basically all of our scoring, and we are playing a way tougher schedule this year.
Difference is, you graduated those guys. You weren't counting on them, for this year. So they were never figured in, for this year. IU lost guys they were counting on. Starters...freshman...role players. Lost 7 all together. There's a difference. MOF, this team was pretty solid up until Phin got hurt. That just took the sail out.

So you don't think the massive injuries suffered by IU, has had any impact? If not, thats fine. I do know this---If this were UK, it certainly would be(a reason). Or a Purdue....Or a Duke. Bottom line----the injuries have wrecked this team. BUT.....you have what you have. So adjust. SO far---well, we haven't. We've got who we got now. Back half of the schedule is a tad easier. So lets see what goes on.
Oh I'm sure the injuries are playing a major role in the issues IU is having, but I just don't think Archie is a very good coach.
I think Indiana deserves better. Could you imagine where IU would be right now had they hired Brad Stevens when he was coaching right down the road?

Oh I'm sure the injuries are playing a major role in the issues IU is having, but I just don't think Archie is a very good coach.
I think Indiana deserves better. Could you imagine where IU would be right now had they hired Brad Stevens when he was coaching right down the road?
Agree to disagee. I think Miller is just fine. Needs to kink out his offense. Verfy good recruiter. I don't think we see a 12-7 team if this team is healthy all year.

Reactions: kl40504 and kyjeff1
Agree to disagee. I think Miller is just fine. Needs to kink out his offense. Verfy good recruiter. I don't think we see a 12-7 team if this team is healthy all year.
We'll see. He will have many chances to show everyone what he can do.
It's a tough gig.

Difference is, you graduated those guys. You weren't counting on them, for this year. So they were never figured in, for this year. IU lost guys they were counting on. Starters...freshman...role players. Lost 7 all together. There's a difference. MOF, this team was pretty solid up until Phin got hurt. That just took the sail out.

Only 2 of them were seniors. Our best player (Spalding) was just a junior. We weren't getting any love whatsoever to start the season, like literally we were projected to be horrible because we were relying on not so good transfers, 3 freshman who didn't particularly play great last year, and a big man who was unproven at Uconn and had to sit out last year. Our lead returning scorer (Nwora) only averaged 8pts a game last season. So yes, a lot is coaching, look where we are now. So yes, we were in very similar situations.

Last edited:
Only 2 of them were seniors.

So 3 of them were figured in. In fact, I can't imagine how good we'd be with Spalding. Idrc about Adel leaving though. Thomas was a freshman. We had to go the GT route and we were late to it as well so the pickings were slim. We are lucky they have been as good as they have. There's not really that big of a difference at all imo.
My point was----they were not on the team from Day one. As for IU, those were guys counted on to be part of the rotation. Phinisee was our starting PG; missed 3weeks. Davis was coming along....hurts his ankle. Hunter, a Top 50 frosh---never plays a minute. Green misses time to injury....Durham. McRoberts. Race Thompson hasn't played in 2 months.

Its been a god damn mess. I mean there's a huge difference in losing guys in the off season, opposed to losing them during the season. Especially when you are 6-7 games in...10 games in. So on and so on. Mack wasn't counting on those dudes....Miller was. Big difference.

My point was----they were not on the team from Day one. As for IU, those were guys counted on to be part of the rotation. Phinisee was our starting PG; missed 3weeks. Davis was coming along....hurts his ankle. Hunter, a Top 50 frosh---never plays a minute. Green misses time to injury....Durham. McRoberts. Race Thompson hasn't played in 2 months.

Its been a god damn mess. I mean there's a huge difference in losing guys in the off season, opposed to losing them during the season. Especially when you are 6-7 games in...10 games in. So on and so on. Mack wasn't counting on those dudes....Miller was. Big difference.

I'm just saying we are very fortunate that our players have turned on the light and I'm thankful for that because when your lead returning scorer was 8 points, there are a lot of question marks. It appears Mack has us playing great now. Hoping and begging for a big win tomorrow. Gotta take it 1 game at a time, lock in, survive and advance, but I think/hope we are in good position to win our next 4, possibly 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: IUfanBorden
I'm just saying we are very fortunate that our players have turned on the light .
Ours have too.......

Two concussions....

giphy.gif

Achilles

1-s2.0-S1466853X11000770-gr2.jpg

Blood cot

images

Yeah, all kinds of "lights" have came on for us...

Reactions: jace4655555
Ours have too.......

Two concussions....

giphy.gif

Achilles

1-s2.0-S1466853X11000770-gr2.jpg

Blood cot

images

Yeah, all kinds of "lights" have came on for us...
You'll be better off just telling HR that Louisville is awesome and has overcome tremendous odds and Chris Mack is the awesomest coach ever.

That way we can get back to talking about Indiana, which is the subject of this thread.

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
The problem for Miller is as bad as Indiana has been this year, they’ll lose Langford and Morgan next year. Going to be real difficult to even be in the conversation for postseason play next year. It won’t be easy to turn the momentum around

Only 2 of them were seniors. Our best player (Spalding) was just a junior. We weren't getting any love whatsoever to start the season, like literally we were projected to be horrible because we were relying on not so good transfers, 3 freshman who didn't particularly play great last year, and a big man who was unproven at Uconn and had to sit out last year. Our lead returning scorer (Nwora) only averaged 8pts a game last season. So yes, a lot is coaching, look where we are now. So yes, we were in very similar situations.

Not really.....IU doesn't have the outcome from the FBI investigation looming over them like U6 does.

You'll be better off just telling HR that Louisville is awesome and has overcome tremendous odds and Chris Mack is the awesomest coach ever.

That way we can get back to talking about Indiana, which is the subject of this thread.

I’m just saying it seems like it’s everything BUT the coaching according to some IU fans, which surprises me

TJD was a Hoosier from Day one. It doesn't matter if he had waited or not.

Also, I love how you always point out that Fran would pass on 5* kids. Maybe thats why he sucks ass?

With TJD, the person that knew best (Dale) wanted Purdue. Mom was a well known jersey chaser and is all about the style over substance. Style won out. We'll see if it ends up being a mistake for TJD.

Agree. My disdain is more aggravation than anything. Plus the old, "what could have been". The injury bug hasn't been kind to us. That being said, we have who we have. So you adjust. I'm just afraid this teams confidence is wrecked. But, hey---beat Michigan, and who knows.

Millers going to get an opportunity to have a class come through. If he wants to make it to year 5, I'd encourage him to recruit some shooters.

Absolutely, injuries can completely derail a season.

I still think IU gets Brooks, so this recruiting cycle should be a good haul for Archie.

The problem for Miller is as bad as Indiana has been this year, they’ll lose Langford and Morgan next year. Going to be real difficult to even be in the conversation for postseason play next year. It won’t be easy to turn the momentum around

Are you trying to give borden an aneurysm?

With TJD, the person that knew best (Dale) wanted Purdue. Mom was a well known jersey chaser and is all about the style over substance. Style won out. We'll see if it ends up being a mistake for TJD.

Yikes

ADVERTISEMENT