ADVERTISEMENT

How many hours do you work in a week?

lurkeraspect84

Mar 4, 2014
Let's just talk about the job and not mowing the lawn because let's face it, mowing is a luxury.

In my 20's I did probably 50-60. My 30's I was living at work almost 80. I had a change of clothes at work and a mini fridge.. 40's I'm down to anywhere between 25 to 35. All the same job.

I'm the opposite. I half assed it early on and am paying the price now. 54 years old, head partner at the firm and I'm at the office M-F from 7:45-5:00 and on Saturdays from 7:30 till around 10:00 give or take.

I'm an Audit Manager for a global bank based out of Chicago.

I work 7:15-4:15 M-F. Never work on weekends.

For anyone considering a career in audit, I would highly recommend working internal audit over external audit. Better pay, less stress, far less hours.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
After 20 years in the Navy, 23 with the Postal Service I like to think I earned the right to chill so I pick and choose on when I want to work.

I do spend time doing house work and fixing things but my clock punching days have been over for about 2 years now. I'm not going to lie, this shit is lovely!

Last edited:
8WdEBuh_d.webp

office-space-desk.gif

7ff8863c8220f2a6cdff7158c72c4f33.jpg

I've hired some more help over the past few years that I've learned to trust so that's helped knock me back from 50-60 hours to probably around 30. Higher payroll and less profit but home life and quality of life have improved.

I've hired some more help over the past few years that I've learned to trust so that's helped knock me back from 50-60 hours to probably around 30. Higher payroll and less profit but home life and quality of life have improved.
I need to hire someone, but I just can't get my brain around the idea. Need to take that leap of faith and accept that bringing in a new attorney will cost salary, but will more than make up for it in efficiency and productivity.

I need to hire someone, but I just can't get my brain around the idea. Need to take that leap of faith and accept that bringing in a new attorney will cost salary, but will more than make up for it in efficiency and productivity.
It was a struggle to even go through with the hiring let a lone learn to trust but the trust part I'll give to them catching on quick. I went through a few but it was worth it. My uncle who is fairly successful told me long ago to let your employees do their job, if they can't it's on you to help them learn or to find someone who will.

Worked 7 days a week when I was younger and just started teaching. I also worked all summer even after I stopped working every day, usually laying pipe for a friend's company. I can afford to not work summers now and just vacation and golf so glad I did it back then. Work week for me now is probably between 40 and 45 hours. My wife's workload is way more in her teaching job. She puts in a lot of hours at home.

Let's just talk about the job and not mowing the lawn because let's face it, mowing is a luxury.

In my 20's I did probably 50-60. My 30's I was living at work almost 80. I had a change of clothes at work and a mini fridge.. 40's I'm down to anywhere between 25 to 35. All the same job.
Depends....My job is 7:30-4 or so. If ya thow in baseball/basketball, that's some long ass days.

Exmaple..

8 hours at work....7;30 game. Depending on where the game is, may or may not leave work early. Local game...come home, shower, grab a bite to eat...Arrive at game site around 6 or so. Tip @7:30. Average game ends around 9. Get home around 10..Shower, et some dinner.

So some days my work day starts at 7:30, and doesn't end until 10 that night. hen of course if I have to travel, it can be much later.

I work a straight 40 at my job. Rarely OT. But when you include hoops/baseball, my work week can easily exceed 60+ hours.

N/A

I’m anywhere from 40 to 60 hours a week. Wednesdays are my normal day off and for the last 6 weeks I’ve had to go in the whole day or at least half the day to work deals. The pay is absolutely great, but this shit is cutting into my golf playing and I can’t have that!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT