ADVERTISEMENT

How did you become a fan of your favorite team?

source.gif

Why did you post a random gif of yourself?? Winking

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I only remember bits and pieces. Like the only thing I remember from 2011 was HEARING that Louisville lost to Morehead state as I was walking down the hall at my elementary school. So that's how Im guessing it was 2010. That sounds right. I remember the night that we lost to Uk in the FF in 2012, but I don't remember any play or what happened, I just have a picture in my head of that night since people were over at my house. And then 2013, all I remember is Luke's 4 threes.

It seems like I just remember 1-3 things from the years like 2014 and before.

It's like I have a very accurate and vivid memory of specific events or plays, but nothing as a whole.

The 2012 tourney is a blur to me too. For different reasons.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Born 2 miles from campus, grew up steeped in it, graduated from there. Most likely explanation is just the fact that it's delusional to deny/ignore UK's history. UK fans celebrate more than have to regroup, very few heartbreaking moments . . .

tenor.gif

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Im also a little ashamed to admit this---But whenever Rex Walters got in foul trouble in the driveway........I pretended I was Jeff Shepherd.
The Oklahoma State win over #2 Kansas my freshman year of high school is still probably one of the best feelings I’ve ever had after a game. They won 69-59 on Big Monday. Made the Final Four that year too. Such a fun season.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Royals: bo jackson & George brett
Raiders: bo jackson
Jayhawks: Rex Walters.
NBA. Different teams according to players.
Toonces, did you ever hear of Blake Doyle? It may have been too long ago.

I grew up with him and his brothers. His twin brother was Brian and he was on the 1976 Yankees Championship team. His other brother was Denny Doyle who played for Phily and Boston.

I’m from Louisville (southern pkwy) I grew up going to freedom hall with my dad, 90s era (Cliff Rozier, Dejuan Wheat, Samaki Walker, Alvin Sims, Marques Maybin) I remember being so psyched to go to games and being that FH was just 2-3 miles away, it wasn't too hard to get tix last minute for my Dad. Went to DuPont Manual High School (right across the street from U of L) and finished my undergrad at U of L. Some of my favorite memories are within that 3 mile radius.

Toonces, did you ever hear of Blake Doyle? It may have been too long ago.

I grew up with him and his brothers. His twin brother was Brian and he was on the 1976 Yankees Championship team. His other brother was Denny Doyle who played for Phily and Boston.
I haven't. Sounds like an athletic bunch

So you got involved in the middle of the glory years, but have been getting kicked in the nuts for the past 30, give or take a few. :D
Pretty much. I mean, I've seen IU win two titles...go to 4 Final Fours. So I mean, it ain't all bad. But hell, let's be honest...I just described Villanova the past 10 years...:oops:

A parent worked in Purdue's AD, so I grew up around our athletes. Obviously went to Purdue due to the employee discount as well.

I tried for a scholy to Purdue. They had the best chemistry department in the country. I did not get a full ride so I had to go in state.

Purdue is a fantastic school in my mine.

I became an IU fan because...
I want to marry my sister
I have a meth lab/trailer/pawn shop
My dad is also my uncle
Sheep are sexy
I enjoy dressing up like a clown
So basically I feel comfortable with the fan base.

My dad was an Aeronautical Engineering grad Purdue 1958. Grew up in Indiana going to watch my dad ref high school games from Gary to Evansville (including Benson, McGinnis, etc). First hand witness to Purdue basketball during the Knight/Keady years. Graduated in 1986 from Purdue with Engineering degree. Love Purdue Hate IU and married a die hard IU basketball fan and IU grad. It’s just a game boys and IU sucks.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
DePaul: Born into it and also received 2 degrees from there

LSU: while attending first round weekend of 1987 NCAA tourney as an impressionable 16 year old, I ended up spending the weekend hanging out with the LSU fans who were a lot of fun. Plus the team made a mini cinderella run at that regional so I was hooked.

No idea tbh. I don't remember the origins (of my college team at least).

I became a Reds fan because they were always on channel 30 here...or because I'm an idiot and prefer to punish myself.
I haven't always been a Reds fan. Growing up, my PePaw took me to Redbirds games [now the Louisville Bats]. Favorite player was Gene Roof and Mike Calise. I remember watching Vince Coleman stealing like 10 bases in a game. Or so it seemed. So at first, I liked the Cardinals. Had family in St. Charles, and the were huge Cardinal fans. But then....I went a Reds game. Dave Parker hit a 900 foot home run...threw a guy out from the parking lot. I was hooked. Well, I was more a Parker fan, than a Reds fan. But he played for the Reds. Been a diehard fan since.

I haven't always been a Reds fan. Growing up, my PePaw took me to Redbirds games [now the Louisville Bats]. Favorite player was Gene Roof and Mike Calise. I remember watching Vince Coleman stealing like 10 bases in a game. Or so it seemed. So at first, I liked the Cardinals. Had family in St. Charles, and the were huge Cardinal fans. But then....I went a Reds game. Dave Parker hit a 900 foot home run...threw a guy out from the parking lot. I was hooked. Well, I was more a Parker fan, than a Reds fan. But he played for the Reds. Been a diehard fan since.
Redbirds at old Cardinal Stadium...that sure brings back some memories. Same with the Big Red Machine. Used to sit with my grand dad and watch the Reds, especially against those damn Dodgers.

Redbirds at old Cardinal Stadium...that sure brings back some memories. Same with the Big Red Machine. Used to sit with my grand dad and watch the Reds, especially against those damn Dodgers.
Old Cardinal Stadium...Man the memories. I remember being 13, and having to DRIVE my PaPaw home. He and his buddy "Snake". We had season tickets on the 3B line. Just some great times .

ADVERTISEMENT