ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Anniversary

You just said that no work was done & then in the next sentence said papers were written for players... make up your mind.
It was an easy class. Students were required to turn in a 25 page paper.
Try having someone use Wiki on a term paper in school. At my daughters school Wiki isn’t allowed as a source because it’s not reliable information.
Well you just twisted my words per usual.
I didn't say "no work was done", I said players didn't even have to do the work. There's a big difference between the two statements.
Oh there was work being done, but in a lot of cases it was the instructors doing the work.
So tell me what was inaccurate in the link I provided? What is false on that wiki page?
every bit of it is true.
So besides misquoting me, you literally replied with nothing but garbage and want to claim that you're winning some sort of debate.
That's all you do, you deflect attention away from your posts in an effort to make others believe that you're winning when in fact you didn't provide a damn thing. Are you trying to Billy Madison your way out of this?
Answer these:
-Did instructors complete papers for athletes to keep them eligible?
-Did instructors give grades to athletes that didn't turn papers in just for the sole purpose of keeping them eligible?
-is an AFAM degree worth the paper it's written on?
-if this happened at UK, what would your take be?
-what false information can be found in the Wiki link I provided?
I'll wait.

Reactions: Scotty00
What you’re posting isn’t what the NCAA ruled on, come on Jeffery, keep up!
So did it happen or not? You're deflecting. If you dropped $50k on tuition and you have an AFAM degree, would you feel ripped off? It's not a legit degree, the new course is, but the original AFAM course was a sham. True or false?

Are you really getting your info from wiki? It has been clear you didn't know a lot about the case but you should have just kept that part to yourself. It never made sense to me why so many people who don't really know much about what happened want to act like they do. Just say you are pissed UNC didn't get punished because you don't like us. I think I could respect that.
What is false in that link? Tell me what is false. All you UNC guys all want to deflect and say that Wiki is garbage, but not a single one of you has said anything about the information that is shown in the link.
You're all just trying to deflect, it's the Carolina way. Tell me what is inaccurate on that Wiki page. I'll sit here and wait.

Typical UK fan that doesn’t know the meaning of facts.
Okay, where am I wrong? What facts do I have wrong?
More deflecting on your part. I'm providing the facts, you guys haven't provided anything more than deflections.

Are you really getting your info from wiki? It has been clear you didn't know a lot about the case but you should have just kept that part to yourself. It never made sense to me why so many people who don't really know much about what happened want to act like they do. Just say you are pissed UNC didn't get punished because you don't like us. I think I could respect that.
tenor.gif

Okay, where am I wrong? What facts do I have wrong?
More deflecting on your part. I'm providing the facts, you guys haven't provided anything more than deflections.
I’ve told you one that you’ve gotten wrong but you’ve yet to acknowledge it.
You said regular students got cheated because the AFAM classes didn’t count & they had to find different classes to replace them with... did you get that from the Wiki page?
It’s 100% false.

I didn't read it. Want to know why? Because it is a wiki page. Plus, I actually know what happened and didn't happen because I followed it for a bit. I'll go ahead and tell you I won't answer your questions though. I've done that in the past and people say they will listen and want a legit response but they don't. You can claim otherwise if it makes you feel better but that is the reason. I hope it does tbh. You don't deserve to dictate anything here when you don't know what you are talking about. So you won't, not with me at least.

I don't know what people like you want tbh. To feel better about something or other I suppose. It isn't going to make UK a better degree than UNC regardless, though both are very fine schools.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
Which makes it worse.
How do you not get that? The class was a sham, all those regular students didn't know the class was a sham and they counted on it for their credits and they had to pay their own tuition to get a degree in that sham course. Now they have to go back and take more classes to get their credits.
How do you not understand this? The athletes had their scholarships and they had a basketball career to focus on, but those regular college students that THOUGHT they were getting a legit degree, got scammed.
Looks like this is your "oh yeah, I get it now" moment.
Let me refresh your memory
None of this is correct.

I’ve told you one that you’ve gotten wrong but you’ve yet to acknowledge it.
You said regular students got cheated because the AFAM classes didn’t count & they had to find different classes to replace them with... did you get that from the Wiki page?
It’s 100% false.
Please find where I said this. Again, you don't pay attention, you twist words. Go find where I stated that.
You won't

I didn't read it. Want to know why? Because it is a wiki page. Plus, I actually know what happened and didn't happen because I followed it for a bit. I'll go ahead and tell you I won't answer your questions though. I've done that in the past and people say they will listen and want a legit response but they don't. You can claim otherwise if it makes you feel better but that is the reason. I hope it does tbh. You don't deserve to dictate anything here when you don't know what you are talking about. So you won't, not with me at least.

I don't know what people like you want tbh. To feel better about something or other I suppose. It isn't going to make UK a better degree than UNC regardless, though both are very fine schools.
But the problem here is everything in that link IS accurate. You and your UNC buddies just want to discredit Wiki, but everything in the link is accurate. You just don't want to admit it.

Let me refresh your memory
None of this is correct.
Here you go buddy:
https://alumni.unc.edu/news/sacs-restores-unc-to-full-accreditation/

To save you some reading:

The commission stopped short of placing UNC on probation that time. In June 2013, SACS announced it had decided not to sanction the University. It asked UNC to provide a monitoring report by the following June on continued progress with academic procedures in the department. UNC subsequently offered free makeup classes to about 80 students and more than 300 alumni who had enrolled in AFAM courses that were not taught as advertised.

Thanks for participating bub.

Here you go buddy:

The commission stopped short of placing UNC on probation that time. In June 2013, SACS announced it had decided not to sanction the University. It asked UNC to provide a monitoring report by the following June on continued progress with academic procedures in the department. UNC subsequently offered free makeup classes to about 80 students and more than 300 alumni who had enrolled in AFAM courses that were not taught as advertised.

It was OFFERED. It wasn’t mandatory because those classes were approved & accredited.
You’re in over your head

Reactions: AWilli6995
It was OFFERED. It wasn’t mandatory because those classes were approved & accredited.
You’re in over your head
Which is what I am saying. Do you need me to actually spell this out for you?
Let me explain it to you this way, maybe you'll understand.
If you took AFAM to get the necessary credits you needed to graduate, then found out that those credits are no longer valid and neither are the credits you were given for that course, what are you going to do?
No, you don't literally HAVE to go take the new course to replace those credits, but you really should.
This is what happens when your school cheats.

its all he has this year.... UNC looked pretty bland in their midnight madness ..... so he's gotta troll about something

Reactions: Scotty00
Which is what I am saying. Do you need me to actually spell this out for you?
Let me explain it to you this way, maybe you'll understand.
If you took AFAM to get the necessary credits you needed to graduate, then found out that those credits are no longer valid and neither are the credits you were given for that course, what are you going to do?
No, you don't literally HAVE to go take the new course to replace those credits, but you really should.
This is what happens when your school cheats.
You’re arguing about something that never happened. Those credits were never invalid.

Here you go buddy:

SACS did rule the classes legit. Anything else?

its all he has this year.... UNC looked pretty bland in their midnight madness ..... so he's gotta troll about something
How can I troll in a thread that I started about the team I root for???? I can’t help it if UK fans are still pissed that UNC isn’t as dirty as UK.
Glad you’re worried enough about UNC that you watched Late Night With Roy.
Very telling.

But the problem here is everything in that link IS accurate. You and your UNC buddies just want to discredit Wiki, but everything in the link is accurate. You just don't want to admit it.

Getting your ass handed to you on a message board doesn’t bother you and trust me I’m enjoying this. Hitting you with facts just doesn’t sit well with you and that says a lot about you.

SACS did rule the classes legit. Anything else?
Where's your link?
I've been providing links to back my stuff up.
SACS cut UNC a break and didn't put tgem on a second year of probation, which would have resulted in much more stern penalties.
UNC was told they had to make a bunch of changes, including monitoring. UNC then offered 380 students an alumni an option to take different courses to get their credits back.
There was nothing legit about the way AFAM was originally set up. So you are incorrect again.

Last edited:
Getting your ass handed to you on a message board doesn’t bother you and trust me I’m enjoying this. Hitting you with facts just doesn’t sit well with you and that says a lot about you.
I knew he was simple when we were arguing in another thread about 4* players being O&D & going in the lottery and he didn’t even know about my teams were in the lottery.
This thread proves he’s simple & stubborn.

What facts? I'm the only one providing links, you jokers are just spitting out crap and calling it truth.

How can I troll in a thread that I started about the team I root for???? I can’t help it if UK fans are still pissed that UNC isn’t as dirty as UK.
Glad you’re worried enough about UNC that you watched Late Night With Roy.
Very telling.

You think you can only troll in response to a thread? The thread was trolling the whole board

This is how forums work. You know, you have to do your own work to prove your theory or conclusion, not some fake professor.
#thecarolinaway

I know what happened, you obviously don’t. Are you that naive and stupid? It’s not a trick question Winking

Trust me it happen. If you did some research you’ll see it but in your mind nothing gets past you. Laughing
I've done my research and more than proved my points, you guys are hoping someone comes in and does your work for you.
Seems to be a theme with your university.
And BTW, I have zero hatred for UNC. Zero. I like Roy and I think Roy runs the program the way a college basketball should be ran.
But that afam scandal is just that, a scandal. If the NCAA was a real authority UNC would have lost titles and full seasons and would be subject to the death penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT