ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Anniversary

I bet a lot of you would.
I can't speak for all UK fans, but we have actual proof that a couple of UNC fans are proud of it, right here in this thread.
Me, I wouldn't be, I'd be thankful that the NCAA let UK off the hook, but I certainly wouldn't brag about ripping college kids off and orchestrating fake classes to keep athletes eligible. I'd be embarrassed.

I can't speak for all UK fans, but we have actual proof that a couple of UNC fans are proud of it, right here in this thread.
Me, I wouldn't be, I'd be thankful that the NCAA let UK off the hook, but I certainly wouldn't brag about ripping college kids off and orchestrating fake classes to keep athletes eligible. I'd be embarrassed.
I think you’re kind of missing the point of this thread.

Get over it Kensucky fans. Unc owns you and that is going to continue. Kensucky will always be the most corrupt program of all time with the most corrupt coach of all time. You should be ashamed to step foot in that stadium named after that racist. You need to worry about your one and done factory going to class.

What you don't realize is we are all laughing AT you. Some just don't care to take the time to describe it to you again.
Glad you think it's funny that a bunch of college kids went into debt to get a degree that isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

You’re not laughing, we are. SmokinSmile

Reactions: uncfan in ky

You forget as UNC fans we don’t care what you and others think and that’s what burns you up, that we don’t give a damn. Keep bitching about it and we’ll keep RollLaugh

Get over it Kensucky fans. Unc owns you and that is going to continue. Kensucky will always be the most corrupt program of all time with the most corrupt coach of all time. You should be ashamed to step foot in that stadium named after that racist. You need to worry about your one and done factory going to class.
Ironically the "U" is the only letter you capitalized in uNC.

VGHoyc6.gif

SO are you embarrassed of UK's titles from 48,49 and 51? If you'd like, I can provide a link of those years, and the scandals' that went with them?

Me, I wouldn't be, I'd be thankful that the NCAA let UK off the hook, but I certainly wouldn't brag about ripping college kids off

Not a UNC fan, but I’ve heard this before. What college kid at UNC was “ripped off?.” Serious question. I didn’t follow that whole thing too closely and would like an example.

SO are you embarrassed of UK's titles from 48,49 and 51? If you'd like, I can provide a link of those years, and the scandals' that went with them?
Don’t forget the 1978 title. UK was on probation from Dec 9th 1976 till Dec 9th 1978.
That’s 4 titles that need asterisks by them.

Reactions: HRTheCard
Oh, well, I'll be right back, let me go check to see where my happy anniversary threads.

Just looked, KYJeff1 has not started any happy anniversary threads.

Reactions: catman111

Not a UNC fan, but I’ve heard this before. What college kid at UNC was “ripped off?.” Serious question. I didn’t follow that whole thing too closely and would like an example.
How would you feel if you paid your way through college thinking you were getting a degree in something meaningful only to find out it was all a sham and you're now $50k in debt?

Why would I answer a question like that? I never said UNC fans should be embarrassed of their 05 and 09 titles. So I don't know why your question matters.
I know. But you did insinuate they should be embarrassed of the 2017 title. Or did I misunderstand? If so---my apologies.

BUT....there is a lot of "hmmmmm" around those titles; 48, 49 and 51. Very dark time in CBB, in which UK was deeply involved.

Reactions: j-doolsheels
I know. But you did insinuate they should be embarrassed of the 2017 title. Or did I misunderstand? If so---my apologies.

BUT....there is a lot of "hmmmmm" around those titles; 48, 49 and 51. Very dark time in CBB, in which UK was deeply involved.
No, I don't recall saying anything about any of their titles.
I wasn't alive in 1948 or 1951, so I don't know all the true facts. Depending on what sites you go on, you'll get different takes.
But again, I'm not starting happy anniversary threads about crap like that.
I get it, it's a bait thread, but I enjoy the back and forth with UNC fans. It entertains me.

The difference is UK played the price for anything they did wrong. UNC hasn't.

You're right and on several occasions. How many times has UK been smacked by the NCAA? Nothing you say or do is going to change anything because we're giving you facts, can't get any plainer than that.

You're right and on several occasions. How many times has UK been smacked by the NCAA? Nothing you say or do is going to change anything because we're giving you facts, can't get any plainer than that.
That's the difference, when UK has done things that were wrong and got caught, they paid the price. UNC set up fake classes to keep kids eligible to play and they got off on a technicality.
Go ahead and be proud of that, but the rest of the cbb world looks at "The Carolina way" a whole lot differently now.

That's the difference, when UK has done things that were wrong and got caught, they paid the price. UNC set up fake classes to keep kids eligible to play and they got off on a technicality.
Go ahead and be proud of that, but the rest of the cbb world looks at "The Carolina way" a whole lot differently now.
See, you just admitted that you have no clue what you’re talking about.

Again, we don't care how you or others view UNC and it makes you mad we feel this way don't it? Just don't kick your dog or snap at anyone in your time anger, it won't be a good look. Laughing

I don't think something as unimportant as college sports is a good measure of one's character. And if this was Kentucky, would you still be a fan, or would you jump ship?

Would I jump ship? No! I’m a Kentucky fan first over any coach or player but I would expect jobs to be lost including the head coach and for UK take the punishment it deserved. I get UNC trying to cover up (which they did) everything but it cracks me up watching their holier than thou fans act like nothing happened.

Did you say something about class? You can’t even spell Kentucky right and you wanna talk about somebody going to class!Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT