ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Anniversary

I'm talking about as a university, chief. Like, academically and stuff, you know. Basketball wise, you guys are the best program of all time, which is why it is so weird that some of you are so obsessive about other teams (like you are about UNC).

TBH, when you can't even consistently use the proper terminology (UNC) it is a pretty clear indication of what the deal is.

I agree, we are the best program of all time and that’s just another reason why me or no other UK fan is jealous or obsessed with UNCheat. If it makes you feel good to think I’m obsessed with UNCheat then by all means believe away!

Not me. Tonight is it for me. I enjoy this stuff in small doses. You can have your parting shots and the last word. I won't post in this thread again. No offense or anything. I just enjoy it for a bit and then am kind of done with it.
Kind of hard to debate with people that are making up stuff left & right.

LOL, I believe McCants said it himself. I'm guessing at the 5th grade part, but I might actually be correct.
Doesn't really matter, dude wasn't smart enough to get through HS, but he was great at bb, so everyone pushed him through, including UNC. UNC failed the kid in reality. I don't expect you to understand that though.

Puppies all healthy?
Ya pups are good. They get Vet checked in the morning. Have them all sold except 2 females.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Not me. Tonight is it for me. I enjoy this stuff in small doses. You can have your parting shots and the last word. I won't post in this thread again after tonight. No offense or anything. I just enjoy it for a bit and then am kind of done with it.

My last word represents how I feel about you guys and your infatuation with my Heels.

tumblr_mvxkamiPir1sgl0ajo1_500.gif

Um...does that mean you wanna suck on one because that’s what I’m getting from the pic above???o_O

Not me. Tonight is it for me. I enjoy this stuff in small doses. You can have your parting shots and the last word. I won't post in this thread again after tonight. No offense or anything. I just enjoy it for a bit and then am kind of done with it.

My last word represents how I feel about you guys and your infatuation with my Heels.

tumblr_mvxkamiPir1sgl0ajo1_500.gif
You're taking this way too seriously if you're this upset.

I've asked before when this topic comes and never had an answer.

For the posters defending UNC, did you actually graduate from the University of North Carolina or are you just a fan? None, as in zero, of the people I know who actually graduated from UNC take the stance on UNC's innocence the posters in this thread take. The majority of them don't want to discuss it at all much less defend what happened.

For the posters defending UNC, did you actually graduate from the University of North Carolina or are you just a fan? None, as in zero, of the people I know who actually graduated from UNC take the stance on UNC's innocence the posters in this thread take. The majority of them don't want to discuss it at all much less defend what happened.

Bump because it’s a great question and there are plenty of unc fans on here I’d like to hear from.

Full disclosure - my wife got her MBA from UNC. She was disgusted by what transpired. She also thinks college athletes should be paid.

Id day your wife is smart to think athletes should be paid, but I’d have to immediately recant as she went to chapel hill college. Winking

Full disclosure - my wife got her MBA from UNC. She was disgusted by what transpired. She also thinks college athletes should be paid.

Most true UNC fans that I know are also disgusted by what took place.Thay don’t bury their head and act like is was just simple mistake by the NCAA , they know (like all of us) what happened and it makes them sick! I respect those UNC people.

Apparently not.

If this thread was a greatest hits album (of bad cliche posts), it would be;

61K-focXkAL._SX355_.jpg

Reactions: kyjeff1
Most true UNC fans that I know are also disgusted by what took place.Thay don’t bury their head and act like is was just simple mistake by the NCAA , they know (like all of us) what happened and it makes them sick! I respect those UNC people.
Well, every fanbase has their fair share of oblivious fans, we just happen to know where 3 of them are.

Still hasn’t been addressed by any unc fans. I’m guessing the ones posting here didn’t attend unc.

Still hasn’t been addressed by any unc fans. I’m guessing the ones posting here didn’t attend unc.
No, I didn’t attend UNC. I played baseball at a D2 school in Florida.
Most people don’t know the facts of the UNC case to discuss it.
Did you know that fraternities benefited from the AFAM class just like athletes? The AFAM class were super easy, there’s no denying that. Students took advantage of that, it wasn’t built for athletes. Fraternities Have to have a certain GPA or they’ll lose their charter. Frat boys flocked to the AFAM classes because of that.
When I was in school, I took easier courses during baseball season, I was advised to do so.
It’s very telling that most on here never played sports after high school.

Did you know that fraternities benefited from the AFAM class just like athletes? The AFAM class were super easy, there’s no denying that. Students took advantage of that, it wasn’t built for athletes. Fraternities Have to have a certain GPA or they’ll lose their charter. Frat boys flocked to the AFAM classes because of that.
When I was in school, I took easier courses during baseball season, I was advised to do so.
And did you know this is what the NCAA really said about your sham classes.
  • Oct. 13, 2017
  • CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The N.C.A.A. did not dispute that the University of North Carolina was guilty of running one of the worst academic fraud schemes in college sports history, involving fake classes that enabled dozens of athletes to gain and maintain their eligibility.

And did you know this is what the NCAA really said about your sham classes.
  • Oct. 13, 2017
  • CHAPEL HILL, N.C. — The N.C.A.A. did not dispute that the University of North Carolina was guilty of running one of the worst academic fraud schemes in college sports history, involving fake classes that enabled dozens of athletes to gain and maintain their eligibility.
How about the link for that statement. Easy to cherry pick statements. I’d be willing to bet that is a N&O article.
http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources...clude-academic-violations-north-carolina-case

Funny, I don’t see that statement anywhere.

Hm. Funny, I played a D1 sport, and I never took a bunch of paper classes.

I think Cory went to UNC. Is he the only one?

Hm. Funny, I played a D1 sport, and I never took a bunch of paper classes.

I think Cory went to UNC. Is he the only one?
Never said I took a bunch of paper classes. AFAM classes were abused at UNC but it wasn’t just athletes

There is a little more to it than easy classes that other students took advantage of and your experience as a student athlete is largely irrelevant to the question I asked. Passing the UNC academic scandal off as just easy classes is more than a little disingenuous. There is zero point in hashing all out again, it has been beaten to death on this forum and countless others. The NCAA decided in UNC's favor. Their decision is final.

My point in asking is the people I personally know who did graduate from UNC don't gloat about how the NCAA decision went down in UNC's favor which is how many of the posts comes across on this forum. People I know and speak with would rather not talk about it at all. When pressed, most will concede that UNC had an excellent legal strategy (they did) and they got off on a technicality. From an academic perspective, they feel the university sullied its once stellar reputation to save the basketball program and it was very much a financial decision to do so. In the long run, it probably was the right thing to do.

If you didn't attend UNC you can't look at the academic reputation issue the same way people who graduated from UNC do. No one is ever going to jokingly ask you how many AFAM classes you took which I've witnessed happen in social settings. No one is ever going to rib you about your "fake" diploma from UNC. These type of questions, teasing and needling will decline over time but it will always be there to some degree.

There is a little more to it than easy classes that other students took advantage of and your experience as a student athlete is largely irrelevant to the question I asked. Passing the UNC academic scandal off as just easy classes is more than a little disingenuous. There is zero point in hashing all out again, it has been beaten to death on this forum and countless others. The NCAA decided in UNC's favor. Their decision is final.

My point in asking is the people I personally know who did graduate from UNC don't gloat about how the NCAA decision went down in UNC's favor which is how many of the posts comes across on this forum. People I know and speak with would rather not talk about it at all. When pressed, most will concede that UNC had an excellent legal strategy (they did) and they got off on a technicality. From an academic perspective, they feel the university sullied its once stellar reputation to save the basketball program and it was very much a financial decision to do so. In the long run, it probably was the right thing to do.

If you didn't attend UNC you can't look at the academic reputation issue the same way people who graduated from UNC do. No one is ever going to jokingly ask you how many AFAM classes you took which I've witnessed happen in social settings. No one is ever going to rib you about your "fake" diploma from UNC. These type of questions, teasing and needling will decline over time but it will always be there to some degree.

I am friends with two UNC grads from out of state (well, friends with one, acquaintances with the other) and have discussed it with both of them. One is a huge basketball fan, one is not a sports fan. Both had roughly that same take. The basketball fan was generally thankful that they didn't suffer for it; the non-basketball fan was just irritated by the whole thing.

The thing is... sports are just one part of a school, and to any grad of a school they are a very small part, when you compare it to the years you spent at that school, the people you met and the things you learned and all of that. Sports are a MUCH bigger part to non-grads; usually sports is the ONLY way non-grads connect to a school. So academic reputation and a school doing things the right way and all of that will generally mean more to people who went to a school, because they are more invested in the school as more than just a sports team to root for.

When people ask me who my favorite Duke players are, I always answer the same way; Grant Hill and Shane Battier. They aren't my favorites because they are the best; they are my favorites because of the way they represent Duke in much more than just basketball. They were both dedicated intellectuals and students who care about far more than just the game, and who have a broad portfolio of things that they are interested and involved with. My guess is that non-grads might look at it rather differently, and the academic or intellectual aspect of a player, or how that player reflects the broader mission of the institution, plays little to no part in their choice of favorite player.

Reactions: Scotty00
And you and the rest of your homies got caught. The bait was out there and you all took it, damn shame I tell ya! Laughing
We purposely took the bait and pulled you dorks off the boat and into the water where we have drowned you 3 guys for damn near a week.

Reactions: Scotty00
You think you invented that saying???
Actually, I should rephrase it to: Like a UNC fan into a bug zapper!
There, how 'bout that?
This is a UNC thread started by a UNC fan, not sure how you’re luring UNC in but continue to “think” that.

Looks like SACS and the NCAA weren't the only ones fooled by the scam. You were obviously fooled too. You don't get it.
Yes, other students and frat boys took those classes, but that was per the design of the scam. That's what I've been trying to tell you, Awilli and Cory for 25 pages.
UNC designed it that way so they could get through the loop hole.
How do you not get that?

Reactions: kl40504
Looks like SACS and the NCAA weren't the only ones fooled by the scam. You were obviously fooled too. You don't get it.
Yes, other students and frat boys took those classes, but that was per the design of the scam. That's what I've been trying to tell you, Awilli and Cory for 25 pages.
How do you not get that?
You’re giving your opinion, that’s not what the FACTS show.

How do you not get that?

What’s changed since this thread was started? A few UK fans butthurt but other than that not a damn thing! Laughing

Reactions: uncfan in ky
This is a UNC thread started by a UNC fan, not sure how you’re luring UNC in but continue to “think” that.
That's funny. You don't get it.
Your bait thread ended up biting you in the ass. We've kept it going this long for a reason.
I love talking about the UNC scam, a true UNC fan would want this thread to go away in a hurry. A true UNC fan would never start such a thread.
We've kept it going to prolong your embarrassment.
Now you have fans of other programs trying to explain this to you as well.
True UNC fans are embarrassed, you're nothing more than a UNC sports fan that has no ties with the school and doesn't care about the university at all.
If you truly did care about UNC, you wouldn't have started this thread.
But hey, I'm more than happy to keep this thread going. It's hilarious to me that you don't get it.
How many people need to explain it to you before you understand?

That's funny. You don't get it.
Your bait thread ended up biting you in the ass. We've kept it going this long for a reason.
I love talking about the UNC scam, a true UNC fan would want this thread to go away in a hurry. A true UNC fan would never start such a thread.
We've kept it going to prolong your embarrassment.
Now you have fans of other programs trying to explain this to you as well.
True UNC fans are embarrassed, you're nothing more than a UNC sports fan that has no ties with the school and doesn't care about the university at all.
If you truly did care about UNC, you wouldn't have started this thread.
But hey, I'm more than happy to keep this thread going. It's hilarious to me that you don't get it.
How many people need to explain it to you before you understand?
You must be running out of things to say if you’re going to attack my fanhood. Try harder.

ADVERTISEMENT