ADVERTISEMENT

Hampton reclass to '19

I seriously doubt it. We needed another big guy with Montgomery, and Richards coming back. Hopefully it's Jaden.

Don’t see it because you have the grad transfer as well.

EJ year 2 is better than McDaniels imo. I see he dropped some after the all-star games. He didn’t impress me as much as some of the others and certainly not the player a Y2 EJ would be. But you have to think that both want to start so I imagine EJ leaves. It’s not a coincidence this is coming out after EJ’s combine invite.

EJ year 2 is better than McDaniels imo. I see he dropped some after the all-star games. He didn’t impress me as much as some of the others and certainly not the player a Y2 EJ would be. But you have to think that both want to start so I imagine EJ leaves. It’s not a coincidence this is coming out after EJ’s combine invite.
OK. I appreciate your opinion.

Pretty good chance either Nick or EJ leave in some fashion or another. That would leave us with one of them, Jaden, Sestina, and Brooks that could play the 4. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see us land Blackshear as well if Nick or EJ leave. He would start from day one with Jaden at the 4. EJ could back up Blackshear and Sestina would back up Jaden. Rotation would likely look like this...

PG Hagans, Quickley
SG Maxey, Juzang
SF Whitney, Brooks, Allen
PF McDaniels, Sestina
C Blackshear, EJ or Nick.

Imagine if Corey Evans is right and UK is picking up steam with Hampton and he ends up as the PG with this team. Jesus

Pretty good chance either Nick or EJ leave in some fashion or another. That would leave us with one of them, Jaden, Sestina, and Brooks that could play the 4. Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see us land Blackshear as well if Nick or EJ leave. He would start from day one with Jaden at the 4. EJ could back up Blackshear and Sestina would back up Jaden. Rotation would likely look like this...

PG Hagans, Quickley
SG Maxey, Juzang
PF McDaniels, Sestina

Imagine if Corey Evans is right and UK is picking up steam with Hampton and he ends up as the PG with this team. Jesus

Preseason: “Jesus!!”

Season: “Cal must be a wizard to win even one game with these amateurs.”

Reactions: SillBelf

PG Hagans, Quickley
SG Maxey, Juzang
PF McDaniels, Sestina

Would be a slap in the face to Hagans and Sestina though if Hampton and Blackshear came.

I imagine you’d see someone leave at that point

Would be a slap in the face to Hagans and Sestina though if Hampton and Blackshear came.

I imagine you’d see someone leave at that point
I think you underestimate the competitiveness of the players. They clearly want to play/practice with other talented players. You're assuming they have a selfish mindset when they actually are great teammates.

I think you underestimate the competitiveness of the players. They clearly want to play/practice with other talented players. You're assuming they have a selfish mindset when they actually are great teammates.

That clearly hasn’t been the case the past several years. Why would anyone expect that to change? You think a GT of his caliber is okay with not starting at a P5 school? I disagree.

That clearly hasn’t been the case the past several years. Why would anyone expect that to change? You think a GT of his caliber is okay with not starting at a P5 school? I disagree.
I understand you have a different mindset than the players, and are attempting to use your opinion to speak for them.

Anyhow we have room for all of them. Including RJ.

I was never impressed by Montgomery. People on HOB and rafters can tell you even right after he committed I cautioned to limit expectations.

He wants to be a face up guy and he doesn’t shoot the ball well and isn’t super athletic.

I’ll take Sestina and McDaniels as face up 4’s and be happy with that. We seem to be picking up steam with blackshear too. Those 3 with Richards should be one of the best front courts in the country. Richards just needs to keep developing in a back up role.

I understand you have a different mindset than the players, and are attempting to use your opinion to speak for them.

What are the scholarship numbers looking like? I’m sure there’s space but really just curious.

Hampton’s not coming. Sestina and Blackshear are different types of players.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I didn’t realize there were so many open spots. A lot of roster turnover. Thanks Lurk.
No doubt, without looking it up, I'm guessing this is the largest rosters turnover since '12 and we know how '13 turned out.

I'ts a complete crapshoot right now. We could be really stacked or really really thin. Again, we have room for everyone.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

That clearly isn't true. Green, Matthews, Humphries, Gabriel, Briscoe, SKJ, etc. aren't transferring/leaving any other school than Uk or Duke. Guaranteed PT matters at OAD factory's. Sorry.

Hampton’s not coming. Sestina and Blackshear are different types of players.

That wasn't my point. My point is that with EJ/Sestina/McDaniels, you are 3 deep at the 4. All 3 are very capable of being starters. In this day and age, most people don't want to compete for that.

That wasn't my point. My point is that with EJ/Sestina/McDaniels, you are 3 deep at the 4. All 3 are very capable of being starters. In this day and age, most people don't want to compete for that.

Again, you're trying to speak for them.

We don’t think EJ is coming back. Not sure where he’s going but there’s a lot of buzz among “insiders” that he’s gone. Wasn’t happy with his role last year or coming off the bench.

We don’t think EJ is coming back. Not sure where he’s going but there’s a lot of buzz among “insiders” that he’s gone. Wasn’t happy with his role last year or coming off the bench.

He's not going to the NBA. Wasn't invited to the combine nor the G-league. So that leaves over seas or transfer. EJ was not going to start over PJ or Reid.

Not sure why EJ would force it by leaving to.play overseas.

McDaniels shouldn't scare him off, but maybe he knows of someone else that is coming in that would for sure take his starting role.

Not sure, but if he's afraid of losing time to McDaniels or Blackshear, he probably should forget about ever going to the league.

I don’t think Tech is in on Tucker. We don’t really have room for him. We heard his name a lot until we started getting more interest from blue chip hs prospects.

Is Memphis out now with this new commit and the possibility that Boogie is next?

Is it between KU and Tech now?

We also have 4* forward Tyreek Smith from Cedar Hill visiting this weekend.

Malika Ondigo also announced he was entering transfer portal, so there is our extra schollie for one of the guys.

EJ didn't get invited to the combine but thanks for playing.

Is Memphis out now with this new commit and the possibility that Boogie is next?

Malika Ondigo also announced he was entering transfer portal, so there is our extra schollie for one of the guys.
I wouldn't count out UK if he takes the visit, that said its looking like hes a KU bound.

Reactions: Montana81
EJ didn't get invited to the combine but thanks for playing.

Not what your media/twitter said. Not my fault. I guess your source told you that one too? Although, weird you respond when it became common knowledge that he didn’t get an invite. Just like the Juzang situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: uncfan in ky

Well, we just landed grad transfer TJ Holyfield. First piece is in place.

Amazing watching ppl trying
Not what your media/twitter said. Not my fault. I guess your source told you that one too? Although, weird you respond when it became common knowledge that he didn’t get an invite. Just like the Juzang situation.
giphy.gif

PG Hagans, Quickley
SG Maxey, Juzang
PF McDaniels, Sestina

NO 9 NCS

ADVERTISEMENT