ADVERTISEMENT

Hampton reclass to '19

Looks like Duke is officially still out of it. Hampton’s dad made it official; said they weren’t even recruiting him hard.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Looks like Duke is officially still out of it. Hampton’s dad made it official; said they weren’t even recruiting him hard.
Not trying to shit, but this has been known. Once Jones came back,it was over.

Duke traded, Hampton for Soph. Jones. Good luck.

He might be leaning that way but I’ll never concede a recruit to friggin’ Memphis.

Do you wanna play for an unproven coach and face crappy teams all year, or play Kentucky and Texas Tech in Allen?

At some point you grow up and it's out of your hang ups.

or not. I really liked KU. You can tell by my old post.

Last edited:
Would much rather these kids go to Memphis than a real school with a history. Memphis should not scare anyone.

He’ll go to Memphis only if it’s true he wants to be THE point all year and won’t share the role with Dotson a la Chalmers/RR, Frank/Devonte.

Surely since he’s 6’5” he can play some 2 for us.

He’ll go to Memphis only if it’s true he wants to be THE point all year and won’t share the role with Dotson a la Chalmers/RR, Frank/Devonte.

Surely since he’s 6’5” he can play some 2 for us.
Exactly,he's going to Memphis. with all the great players, we et to watch Penny coach.

I'm not exaggerating I have multiple steaks.
Thing is, I'm buying steaks for those that didn't think he was coming.

Zero dbout itsMEMPHIS.

i brought home left over AND THEY WERE GLORIOUS.

hE'S going to Memphis.

I need a few moments, i'm old

Last edited:
wiseman is going all in.if he ****s up with his much talent,the we'll know his coaching skills. haaha

Hardaway has th personality of an insect that eats within.

I did like to like the guy,
O

He might be leaning that way but I’ll never concede a recruit to friggin’ Memphis.

Do you wanna play for an unproven coach and face crappy teams all year, or play FOR Texas Tech in Allen?

Fixed it for you!

I want KU. But if he goes Tech I’ll be ok. Memphis and Kentucky is a waste of talent not coming to the #1 deepest conference in the Big 12.

Need him bad man. Grimes I think is legit gone. He sucks, but still. Need RJ anyways

I almost don't want Grimes back regardless of where Hampton goes.

Still have hopes that this will come to fruition:

Dotson/McBride
Hampton/Agbaji
Tucker/Garrett
Silvio/Lightfoot
Udoka/McCormack

Need him bad man. Grimes I think is legit gone. He sucks, but still. Need RJ anyways

I almost don't want Grimes back regardless of where Hampton goes.

Still have hopes that this will come to fruition:

Dotson/McBride
Hampton/Agbaji
Tucker/Garrett
Silvio/Lightfoot
Udoka/McCormack

That would be nasty.

Tucker likely goes to tech. Home to daddy beard. They have a bond

That would be nasty.

Tucker likely goes to tech. Home to daddy beard. They have a bond

That's what I wondered originally, but I don't think Tech is even on his list. He visited Lawrence a few nights ago and apparently had a blast. Sent out a tweet from every bar in town.

Does that mean Dotson is likely gone too? Because he would be the point next year right?

No, I think Hampton has been quoted saying that he’s okay with playing next to another elite PG. I’m sure Self heavily pitched his history with combo guards.

Everyone assumes Dotson will return. He practically said as much himself.

No, I think Hampton has been quoted saying that he’s okay with playing next to another elite PG. I’m sure Self heavily pitched his history with combo guards.

what is odd about this is the Grimes situation...given Self's history with combo guards vs having a true point and given that Grimes had played PG in the past...why was it so cumbersome this last season...I know Grimes play did not help things but it seems (from the outside) that he was forced into a 2 role vs. a combo guard...it was clear pretty early that Dotson was the PG...Grimes focused mostly on shooting 3's instead of using his height/etc. to get inside with penetration and score. It was just odd and uncomfortable looking al year. I realize Grimes did not really show handles to suggest he should have been playing PG and I just do not know what happened to him...Self had indicated that he was the most complete guard prospect he had ever recruited at KU...

what is odd about this is the Grimes situation...given Self's history with combo guards vs having a true point and given that Grimes had played PG in the past...why was it so cumbersome this last season...I know Grimes play did not help things but it seems (from the outside) that he was forced into a 2 role vs. a combo guard...it was clear pretty early that Dotson was the PG...Grimes focused mostly on shooting 3's instead of using his height/etc. to get inside with penetration and score. It was just odd and uncomfortable looking al year. I realize Grimes did not really show handles to suggest he should have been playing PG and I just do not know what happened to him...Self had indicated that he was the most complete guard prospect he had ever recruited at KU...

He definitely doesn't have the handles for PG.

I can't explain Self's comments about being his most complete guard prospect. He's generally pretty candid, so I'd assume he actually meant it, but he turned out to be one of the least versatile prospects he's had.

Does that mean Dotson is likely gone too? Because he would be the point next year right?

When does RJ announce?

Was said a few weeks ago hes got summer school to complete or no reclassify and AAU till August 1st.

ADVERTISEMENT