ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Marshall

Hank_

Gold Member
Mar 31, 2017
From a current events perspective, this might be the worst possible timing for this story to break.

Have to assume that if these stories are corroborated, he’s done for many years.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
"Coffee bean picker"🤣

Told the Native American to get back on his horse and started making Indian howling noises...

Made the fat player look bad by lifting up his shirt

Shit isn't even funny. Pretty lame if you ask me
He's an idiot man...One of the biggest dicks in all of CBB.

Reactions: KisteK
His behavior is well-known across Kansas. Dude is just unhinged and his wife is worse. People were glad to look the other way when his team won a bunch of games.

Reactions: KisteK and Hank_
Sounds pretty tame compared to Bob Knight. 😬
Ummm, NO. Easily one of the Top 5 coaches I absolutely loathe, man. One of the most arrogant, self-centered SOB's there is. Dude makes Knight look like a baptist minister, bro.

Also, you see the shit he's been accused of? I mean---WTF? Damn.

Reactions: englandnu
Ummm, NO. Easily one of the Top 5 coaches I absolutely loathe, man. One of the most arrogant, self-centered SOB's there is. Dude makes Knight look like a baptist minister, bro.

This is the first I am hearing about it, but it sounds to me like his days are numbered.

You mean the guy who had to be restrained from attacking a referee is accused of violent and aggressive behavior? Nooo.

In fairness, I’d be pissed off if I lived in Wichita too.

Love how this stuff always surfaces when the success starts to dwindle.

If you only knew the stories I've been told about Knight, firsthand. Lol.

It’s probably a toss up who has punched more holes in the drywall.

100% chance they’re into some weird, painful stuff in the bedroom.
Every UK knows how big of a c^nt she is.

lynn-marshall-m-1518561007.jpg

(great photoshop idea^)

If you only knew the stories I've been told about Knight, firsthand. Lol.
Knight is an ass---no doubt. And I've heard stories first hand from those who played for him. Some crazy stuff. BUT....from those people,I have also heard of many, many great things he did...Likepay for uniforms for 4 middle schools in Bloomington. Knight was a generous man----unfortunate for him, he couldn't live by the same morals he instilled....I spoke to, two former players last year..Both told me---"hated the guy....loved the guy...glad I played for him....hated that I plyed for him. And both said---"He's a big part of what I am today."

Its hard to defend Knight...And to an extent, you can't. But I feel both sides should always be told. For the ass he was, he could also be one of the most generous people on the planet.

Reactions: 829305
Knight is an ass---no doubt. And I've heard stories first hand from those who played for him. Some crazy stuff. BUT....from those people,I have also heard of many, many great things he did...Likepay for uniforms for 4 middle schools in Bloomington. Knight was a generous man----unfortunate for him, he couldn't live by the same morals he instilled....I spoke to, two former players last year..Both told me---"hated the guy....loved the guy...glad I played for him....hated that I plyed for him. And both said---"He's a big part of what I am today."

Its hard to defend Knight...And to an extent, you can't. But I feel both sides should always be told. For the ass he was, he could also be one of the most generous people on the planet.
Everyone likes to pretend people are either 100% good or 100% bad. Most people have a little bit of both though.

Yeah, everyone kind of knows Marshall is a huge jerk. However, even with being a jerk this stuff is surprising.

What about with Marshall....

We’ve heard that multiple schools have passed on Marshall, this is why I suppose.

Who passed on Marshall....

I don't want to hear message board narratives from butthurt fanbases.

Marshall has been extremely picky about leaving Wichita State.
Not the schools who have passed him up.

I only know one job Marshall would have left for

The question becomes does Wichita St stick with him.
I think they do. He has showed loyalty.

Plus has raised the level of the school.

If it wasn't for him they would be slumming in the MVC.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
100%

For all the success he’s had, no Major program has seriously considered hiring him. This has to be why

Untrue.

He pulled his name from the Alabama job for Texas
But some people at Texas wanted Shaka because it made their dick grow. Shaka told UCLA no. But Shaka was interested in the Texas job
Gregg Marshall was candidate #2. Like I said he pulled his name from the Alabama job.

Which job did he want?

Which job did he want?

People at Texas were so fully engrossed with Shaka that Marshall was on the periphery.
But he already had the leverage to get a raise because of Alabama and his success. I think this was the right after he sent KU/ Bill Self home in the NCAA Tournament
He and his agent kept on pushing their name on Texas.
Like I said.
Shaka turned down UCLA couple of years before....
Gregg Marshall turned down Missouri.

So people for whatever reason were engrossed with Shaka.
But Marshall wanted that job and would have left the Koch Brothers/Wichita State.

Indiana passed on Marshall. His wife is a nutcase

Saw this earlier today,....Forgot to post. Dude's wife is a loon. So glad Indiana passed on this guy.

How about Tom Crean? I assume you know a little about him. I heard he can be really petty. Of course most coaches have prick-like qualities. Coach K sort-of comes as two-faced, because he acts like a choir boy to the media, but is anything but on the sidelines.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Untrue.

He pulled his name from the Alabama job for Texas
But some people at Texas wanted Shaka because it made their dick grow. Shaka told UCLA no. But Shaka was interested in the Texas job
Gregg Marshall was candidate #2. Like I said he pulled his name from the Alabama job.

Sure Jan

People “pull” their names from jobs when they want to save face. Sounds like Alabama and Texas had a chance to get him and they chose not to.

How about Tom Crean? I assume you know a little about him. I heard he can be really petty. Of course most coaches have prick-like qualities. Coach K sort-of comes as two-faced, because he acts like a choir boy to the media, but is anything but on the sidelines.
Crean was very arrogant. He could be a super nice guy, but he pur his status as IU head coach on a giant pedestal. Weird as **** too. But his practices were as precise as I have ever seen.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Sure Jan

People “pull” their names from jobs when they want to save face. Sounds like Alabama and Texas had a chance to get him and they chose not to.

Except that isn't what happened...

Wichita State put up the money because of the Koch Brothers.

Marshall is paid very well.

Let's not let bullshit cloud things.
Marshall was in demand. Could have taken a few jobs. Didn't because he had a decent job with a lot of power....

Like this isn't enough to fire him

Reactions: KisteK

Marshall is paid as if he is coaching in a Power Conference

It’s not just about salaries. WSU doesn’t have the resources needed to recruit at a high enough level to be a consistent contender. Looks like he may be available soon for when Texas gives up on Shaka

It’s not just about salaries. WSU doesn’t have the resources needed to recruit at a high enough level to be a consistent contender. Looks like he may be available soon for when Texas gives up on Shaka

I don't know if that is all the way true now...
When he left Winthrop according to him he had multiple offers every year and didn't take a job until the Wichita State job came open.

Pretty much the same thing happened for a 3-4 year period at Wichita State.
Missouri especially did everything they could to get him.
But he said no....

One of the reasons is salary. The second is because of power.

That power is probably the reason he won't be fired.

Probably will be warned.

ADVERTISEMENT