ADVERTISEMENT

Gregg Marshall

I worked in the Big South----Huge dick. He might be a great husband, friend, etc, etc...I dunno. And I'm sure he is fun to party with, i.e. HIS WIFE. Shes a nutcase. Some of the stuff we saw on the floor, how he talked to his kids, etc, etc.....wasn't the best. But hey, that'scoaching. What's not coaching is the allegations..And from his actions on the court, and now this? I mean we aren't talking about some guys---We are talking about 20+. And kids who played a ton. And I mean, where is Ron Baker? Van Vleet?Why aren't these two guys defending him?
He's a dick

She's nuts

You're very ax grindy

Reactions: KisteK
In his mind if a coach wins he is good and if he doesn't he isn't good.

A lot of good coaches don't win.

This is why some coaches don't take some of these jobs.

Gregg Marshall took that Wake Forest job...
Good chance he wouldn't be considered the coach that he is today.

Just matters the coach and the situation. Some coaches put all their eggs in one basket and are out the door after winning a NCAA Tournament game.

Brad Underwood for example.

He is a good coach. But he is always looking for something better regardless of the school.

He's a dick

She's nuts

You're very ax grindy
What? "Ax grindy"? Why would I care? I don't have an ax to grind with Marshall....Why would I? Just giving my opinion, bruh...As you said....

He's a dick....His wife is a nut case....

That's exactly what I have said. So I guess we both are "ax grindy"?

Reactions: speedfrk
What? "Ax grindy"? Why would I care? I don't have an ax to grind with Marshall....Why would I? Just giving my opinion, bruh...As you said....

idk , your youthful exuberance and zeal re how despicable a coach in Wichita Ks is

I love your passion though

idk , your youthful exuberance and zeal re how despicable a coach in Wichita Ks is

I love your passion though
Youthful? I'm 48.....No exuberance. Just giving an opinion. An opinion BTW that is through experience. I worked his games when I officiated in the Big South,and the some in MVC(OOC).

Not sure what ya mean about my passion---I don't give two fuchs what WSU does...

Again, just giving an opinion about a basketball topic, on a basketball board...Nothing more---nothing less.

Just curious---You related to Greg?

what's the deal with his wife? I see that being mentioned that's she crazy in this thread a lot, but I don't know the backstory.

I feel like she had the rep long before that. I think it’s just the way she acts in the stands, but idk definitively.

what's the deal with his wife? I see that being mentioned that's she crazy in this thread a lot, but I don't know the backstory.

Here's a timeline of UK's experience.

Last edited:
Yeah....

Try to stay away from all the bullshit drama.

Don't particularly have an opinion of her.

But we have a narrative here that may not be all the way true.

There are very few P5 jobs that come open when a coach leaves for another job.
According to reports that was what Gregg Marshall was looking for. Couldn't find one but he found what was at the time a mid major that was investing into their basketball program.
Didn't want to inherit a program in the shitter...
This along with the Koch brothers is why he has stayed there.

Him staying at Winthrop has zero to do with his wife.

Don't know the womsn. I have zero hard feelings towards her.

Not going to allow someone who was upset by her to label her though...We see this on the internet way too often

Reactions: Catilac
Sometimes I sympathize for people in these situations because it’s very easy for the details to get contorted and twisted. Mangino, I think, was treated unfairly at KU. I don’t think the perception of him equaled the reality.

But this isn’t one of those cases. Marshall didn’t even have a good reason to be angry in these situations. Attacked a student for parking in his space, punched a player in the back of the head multiple times for committing a semi-hard foul (a player who had come to him and broken down earlier that day because his mom was diagnosed with cancer), choked an assistant coach because a player wasn’t where he was supposed to be.

He’s just a psychopath.
That part about Morris pisses me off that ****er should never coach again

Yeah....

Try to stay away from all the bullshit drama.

Don't particularly have an opinion of her.

But we have a narrative here that may not be all the way true.

There are very few P5 jobs that come open when a coach leaves for another job.
According to reports that was what Gregg Marshall was looking for. Couldn't find one but he found what was at the time a mid major that was investing into their basketball program.
Didn't want to inherit a program in the shitter...
This along with the Koch brothers is why he has stayed there.

Him staying at Winthrop has zero to do with his wife.

Don't know the womsn. I have zero hard feelings towards her.

Not going to allow someone who was upset by her to label her though...We see this on the internet way too often

These sternly worded responses on a message board should do the trick...

Don't think some of you understand what I meant.

In my life I learned a lot about human nature.
Often times I have found out that people's opinions of others are often incorrect and based on their own experiences.

Because of that I base things off my own experiences and not the experiences of others

This is my point. I am not going to allow someone's opinion to dictate my own because it could be incorrect.
I don't really care how you think. Just letting this be known
More than that ...

Anyone can be a dick or can he a nut at times.
Just matters what for

Ir was for her husband if she was acting like a nut. This is well known

Often times I have found out that people's opinions of others are often incorrect and based on their own experiences.

Because of that I base things off my own experiences and not the experiences of others

This is my point. I am not going to allow someone's opinion to dictate my own because it could be incorect
Interesting....I mean do you think peoples opinions based off other peoples opinions, is worse than opinions based off other peoples experiences, that formed their opinion? Or is it worse to base an opinion off other peoples opinion, who based that off someone else's opinion, tht was based off someone else's opinion?

In other words----You are thinking waaaaaaay to much. Look, IF 8 people say "A" is bad---but 2 say it is good----What are the odds of 8 people, out of 10, ALL or most, being wrong? I mean have you never bought someting, ate something, off the recommendation of a friend? You know like good ol' Bill telling ya about the new cafe down the street..... Best coffee in town, etc, etc...

Its not just a few dudes on here saying his wife is bat shit crazy---its damn near everyone. And its verifiable..It happened...Its even on video. She was like that at Winthrop. She is like that NOW. She will be like that tomorrow. And probably next week as well.

Its ok....I get it. I think? But then again, thats just my opinion. And well, we al know how you feel about opinions----Right?

Looks like Jeff Goodman could be in trouble..

Was interesting how he was trying to push this and acted like no one was paying attention.

Here is Marshalls statement

Full statement:
Throughout my career as a coach, I have devoted myself to accessing and unleashing the greatness of my players – both on the court and in their lives. I am proud of my team, our legacy, and the outstanding Shocker community we have built over the past 14 years. It has therefore been particularly difficult for me and my family to read recent media reports that include inaccuracies about my coaching style and the basketball culture we have created at Wichita State. But I am enormously grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from community leaders, alumni and former players. I again state that I am cooperating fully with the independent investigation by a St. Louis law firm and I look forward to its conclusion. I will not interfere with that investigation while it is ongoing. In response to the allegations put forward in the media, I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleague. Allegations claiming otherwise are false. It is important that the investigation conclude its work without outside influence. An unrelenting character assassination by a member of the media that repeatedly targets me and my family threatens to undermine the impartiality of the investigation. I am devoted to my team and the entire Shocker community. I value my players and believe in their potential. If there is any question of my love for my team, it’s my responsibility to do a better job of demonstrating my commitment. I am humbled and proud to serve this university and our community.

Then you realize none of these people actually know her....

It is all hearsay.

This is the opposite of "hearsay".

She was like this at Winthrop, as well....MOF,she's like this a lot. I know you are in denial friend...But she's a nut job...

Here she is, with daughter, arguing with Cincy fans:

8163496.jpg

8163500.jpg

Ummmm, not hearsay....

Then you realize none of these people actually know her....

It is all hearsay.
Then you realize that-----Well, there are hundreds of CBB games throughout the week, and weekends...Let'me ask---How many times have you heard of Calipari's wife....Millers wife....Macks wife...Roy WIlliams' wife....K's wife....Rick Barnes, Shaka Smasrt's, Bruce Pearl.......

How many times have the aboves wives made the news for this type of behavior? MOF---Name me ONE P5 coach, who's wife has made such noise? ****,really, any coach's wife.

Sir I have worked CBB for a good minute---I have never seen a HC's wife act as she does. MOF for the most part, wives are rather reserved...A lot of them don't even sit near the bench. And they certainly do not do this....

Screen_Shot_2017_03_19_at_4.38.10_PM.0.png

GetFile.aspx

45455d07-032317-audible-photo.jpg

images

She's one of a kind.....Literally.

Reactions: speedfrk
Is that the daughter?

She crazy as well.

Gets too much at times.
She obviously supports her husband and his career.
Maybe at times.too much.

But that IMO is much better than let's say his wife didn't care.
So are you saying that coaches wifes that don't act like loons, don't care? I mean you can support your husband w/o getting tossed from the game----right?

Not imo. Be way less embarrassing and distracting if she didn’t care at all and stayed at home.

And yea the daughter is crazy.........****in sexy.

Wood the Daughter in any condition assuming it’s not statutory.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Idk I prefer medium sized nice and perky tits over the fake ones.

To each his own though I wouldn’t complain either way.

Regardless there’s something about her looks like a good time. Hell it might be the crazy in her eyes. Thanks mom

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Well tits don’t look as impressive in that pic but the overall body of work is still outstanding imo.

This is my point. I am not going to allow someone's opinion to dictate my own because it could be incorrect.
I don't really care how you think. Just letting this be known
More than that ...

Anyone can be a dick or can he a nut at times.
Just matters what for

Ir was for her husband if she was acting like a nut. This is well known

Except that's not what you said. You didn't mention "not allowing other's opinion to dictate" your opinion, you literally said "Not going to allow someone who was upset by her to label her though". Keep battling big guy.

Looks like Jeff Goodman could be in trouble..

Was interesting how he was trying to push this and acted like no one was paying attention.

Here is Marshalls statement

Full statement:
Throughout my career as a coach, I have devoted myself to accessing and unleashing the greatness of my players – both on the court and in their lives. I am proud of my team, our legacy, and the outstanding Shocker community we have built over the past 14 years. It has therefore been particularly difficult for me and my family to read recent media reports that include inaccuracies about my coaching style and the basketball culture we have created at Wichita State. But I am enormously grateful for the outpouring of support we have received from community leaders, alumni and former players. I again state that I am cooperating fully with the independent investigation by a St. Louis law firm and I look forward to its conclusion. I will not interfere with that investigation while it is ongoing. In response to the allegations put forward in the media, I simply state unequivocally that I have never physically struck a player or colleague. Allegations claiming otherwise are false. It is important that the investigation conclude its work without outside influence. An unrelenting character assassination by a member of the media that repeatedly targets me and my family threatens to undermine the impartiality of the investigation. I am devoted to my team and the entire Shocker community. I value my players and believe in their potential. If there is any question of my love for my team, it’s my responsibility to do a better job of demonstrating my commitment. I am humbled and proud to serve this university and our community.

I am SHOCKED...SHOCKED I tell you, that he issued a denial. I guess there's not a shred of truth to it, no matter what eyewitnesses and victims say.

I find this entire thread kind of fascinating . He's a less than likable guy in a sea of unlikable guys , sometimes referred to as a fraternity of liars . A monicker I've found to be pretty accurate

If he laid hands on , he should be gone .

I know him s little , partied w him a little , and have met the wife a few times and as I said they very briefly recruited my son

to my knowledge he's not been accused of cheating , brought a FF to a mid major and has had 3 or 4 great teams to boot

if Pearl and Sampson are employee , Self is being defended by his school and fans , Marshall will prob find a home somewhere

drama around hyper competitive highly successful people not that uncommon

He is a total dickhead and his wife is trash

Reactions: IUfanBorden
ADVERTISEMENT