ADVERTISEMENT

For those craving some college basketball in early August

I know the personnel. Which is why it's confusing to see "what separates this team from last year is experience" type of comments. Seems to be very similar if you take out Travis.

Travis is a helluva piece to take out, wouldn't you agree? Also, we return 3 starters off of last year's team.

I know the personnel. Which is why it's confusing to see "what separates this team from last year is experience" type of comments. Seems to be very similar if you take out Travis.

this years team has a little more experience, but not much more
experience is overrated, these kids today play so much basketball before they ever make it to college
this is not your grandpa's freshmen

the biggest thing is your key players picking up what a coach wants, after that the game slows down for them

experience is overrated,
Meh...Not really. Look at Nova. Junior/Senior laden teams; Jenkins, Brunson, Booth, Archie, etc, etc...Same with Carolina. And though vacated, UL. Heck your 2012 team had solid experience, returmee's. It's not a must. But it's certainly played a role in the past 4-5 title winners.

Last years team returned 672 minutes played in the form of Wenyen Gabriel. This team has...543 from nick Richards, 869 from Quade Green, 1012 from PJ Washington, and 2911 from Reid Travis.

Plus all they’re all gonna get some competition and extra practice thanks to the summer trip.

Almost 10x more minutes played returning. They’re still young sure. But still way more experienced than last years team. Last years team was a cluster **** at times. It was awful basketball. Should have beat K State. But only because K State is a bad team with a mediocre coach.

Nice to see them bounce back on shooting. 6-9 from three tonight.
6473677.jpg

Herro looks like the real deal
Richards is looking like a new man

this team this early is playing very unselfish
overall i am loving this team

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Also, props to anyone that got in on that +300 moneyline.

I didn’t have the balls.
Would've been all over it had I known about it. Whoever set that line for Bovada needs to be fired. I am guessing UK was supposed to be a 9-point favorite (not underdog). I have burned Bovada on bets like that before, them setting the wrong line.

Reactions: Hank_
Ummmm yeahhhh not so much of a loss to the high level European pro championship team

Probably be 10 pages after they win them talking about how they should just be handed the trophy and cancel the season

How can you possibly say experience is overrated when the last 3 titles have gone to teams with veterans and loads of experience? Lol

how many teams in the NCAAT every year have experience and how many do not
the odds are very great that a team with experience will win simply because of the numbers
give me talent any day of the week

How can you possibly say experience is overrated when the last 3 titles have gone to teams with veterans and loads of experience? Lol
The teams that were playing the best at that time won the title.
I think experience helps with that, but you have to have talent.
Not to mention, there are only a couple of schools that roll the dice each year with talented young teams. The odds heavily favor experienced rosters

Reactions: KYtotheCore
Ummmm yeahhhh not so much of a loss to the high level European pro championship team

I still think that one Saturday will be close.

Will say, something I wasn’t thinking about, these games are being played in the middle of the offseason for the pro guys, so I don’t think their conditioning is what it would be otherwise. Ends of games have been pretty sloppy.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
how many teams in the NCAAT every year have experience and how many do not
the odds are very great that a team with experience will win simply because of the numbers
give me talent any day of the week

are you suggesting that the veterans don't have talent? I mean you pretty much proved my point with your post.

I still think that one Saturday will be close.

Will say, something I wasn’t thinking about, these games are being played in the middle of the offseason for the pro guys, so I don’t think their conditioning is what it would be otherwise. Ends of games have been pretty sloppy.
I'm curious to see how playing four games in five days will play out for UK's team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT