ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery to UK

Wow, that seems a bit out of nowhere. Wait, which guys from UK have committed? Don't they have a bunch of big guys still?

We have a bunch of guards too

Sorry, I meant declared, not committed. Which bigs do we know are going to the league? Who has announced they are staying? There is still a lot up in the air over there, isnt there?

Sorry, I meant declared, not committed. Which bigs do we know are going to the league? Who has announced they are staying? There is still a lot up in the air over there, isnt there?
Knox is the only one to officially declare with an agent. PJ Washington is going without agent. His dad said if he doesn’t get first round feedback (which he will not) he will return. SGA and Diallo likely to declare in the next day or so.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
The gap between Duke and Kentucky is roughly the same as the gap between Kentucky and UCLA.

And holy cow, I just saw this. That's an actual article, with an actual headline. Rent free.

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/main/hold-this-l-coach-k/

Laughing
Damn, why even mention K and Duke? Seems like he’s got a hard on for you guys. Anyway UK fans, congrats on the get.
What an embarrassing headline for an article. I would expect something like that from an Indiana or Louisville fan site not a UK one. That’s why I never read/listen to KSR

Reactions: KisteK and TheDude1
Damn, why even mention K and Duke? Seems like he’s got a hard on for you guys. Anyway UK fans, congrats on the get.
I think when Duke gets mentioned in our news, it's a thumbing of the nose . . . not so much at Duke, but to the media who continue to hold them as the measuring stick, and people like Jeff Goodman, ESPN, et al ready to hand them the crown preseason. It hasn't seemed like UK vs. Duke to me in a long time. UK vs the media? Sure.

In fact, I doubt people hate Duke/K as much as they do the media carnival barking for them. But that's just my humble opinion. It'll cost you what its worth. Nothing.

Last edited:
Another giant L for the Crystal Ball.

That did kinda come out of nowhere though. I guess he waited some on Knox, knowing he would probably get pushed to the 4 if he came back.

Word is that Duke backed off. @denniden that true? Wonder if capel leaving hurt here.

I thought there stance with Montgomery for a while was that Bolden might be gone, maybe Bolden is back.

Guess Zion is gonna be playing a lot of the 5 next year because no way Duke goes with only Bolden and Delaurier for next year at the 5.

Word is that Duke backed off. @denniden that true? Wonder if capel leaving hurt here.

Duke insiders said last week that Duke was no longer going to pursue E.J. he wants to play the stretch 4 and that isn’t a need on our roster next year. Good get uk. it was down to unc and uk. Uk won out.

Yeah, gotta imagine Bolden is returning (although frankly I have no idea where he would be GOING.)

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Was Bolden considering transferring or going pro in something other than sports?

Duke insiders said last week that Duke was no longer going to pursue E.J. he wants to play the stretch 4 and that isn’t a need on our roster next year. Good get uk. it was down to unc and uk. Uk won out.
He wasn’t playing the stretch 4 at UNC either.

So basically neither duke or UNC wanted the #12 recruit lmao. Duke is a little more understandable since they have three of the same player but UNC?

The new guy on cats illustrated told us over the weekend Duke had backed off. Just sayin...

I think when Duke gets mentioned in our news, it's a thumbing of the nose . . . not so much at Duke, but to the media who continue to hold them as the measuring stick, and people like Jeff Goodman, ESPN, et al ready to hand them the crown preseason. It hasn't seemed like UK vs. Duke to me in a long time. UK vs the media? Sure.

In fact, I doubt people hate Duke/K as much as they do the media carnival barking for them. But that's just my humble opinion. It'll cost you what its worth. Nothing.

I would agree if your coach also wasn't taking shots at Duke as well. Of course, he then backtracks

So basically neither duke or UNC wanted the #12 recruit lmao. Duke is a little more understandable since they have three of the same player but UNC?
It’s not a pissing contest. UNC is in need of a center, if the kid didn’t want to play the 5 spot in college than what was UNC supposed to do, lie to him?

Reactions: AWilli6995
Not sure if that was really a thing, or if the media made it into a thing.

Bruh, I know the media is to blame for a lot of stuff, but every knowledgeable fan knows who Cal was talking to with his slick talk. Can't blame the media for his words.

It’s not a pissing contest. UNC is in need of a center, if the kid didn’t want to play the 5 spot in college than what was UNC supposed to do, lie to him?

That certainly hasn't stopped Duke recently. #setforlife

ADVERTISEMENT