ADVERTISEMENT

EJ Montgomery to UK

So basically neither duke or UNC wanted the #12 recruit lmao. Duke is a little more understandable since they have three of the same player but UNC?

You'd have something if your fanbase didn't do the exact same thing. Every fanbase has those people. It was pure enjoyment seeing the 30 threads or so talking about Knox and then within hours after he announces his departure, you see a "We didn't need him anyways" thread pop up.

The CB was a total misdirection for this dude. Had the people actually updated their prediction, it'd been all Uk. Several places had talked about Duke moving another direction, specifically for a shooter (grad transfer Joe Cremo). No one ever changed their prediction.

You'd have something if your fanbase didn't do the exact same thing. Every fanbase has those people. It was pure enjoyment seeing the 30 threads or so talking about Knox and then within hours after he announces his departure, you see a "We didn't need him anyways" thread pop up.
Every fan base does have those and I’ll admit we have probably more than anyone. I just thought they hung out at their team board and not this one.

Guess Zion is gonna be playing a lot of the 5 next year because no way Duke goes with only Bolden and Delaurier for next year at the 5.
Huh why not? Bolden was pretty solid, especially defensively, when he was on the floor last year and should be set up for a solid junior year. K made a huge mistake in the Elite 8 by not playing Bolden when Carter had 2 fouls in the 1st half imo.

DeLaurier would be a small ball 5 option. If Bolden can be a solid rebounder and rim protector, Duke will be in great shape next year.

Good thing UK gonna have 3 point guards next year to spread the ball around.

If Hagans reclasses to '18 assuming SGA leaves, I just don't see how Green stays. That'd be 3 PG's, 3 SG's (1 who can play SG/SF). There's no way you have 2 PG's on the court with the talent at SG.

Also, do you think all of Vanderbilt, Richards, Washington, Jones, Montgomery, Gabriel stay? That doesn't seem probable to me either.

Seriously, I somewhat question if Capel is as good as he's made out to be or if it's not just fans pumping hype machines. But looking back at Duke with out Capel with Calipari at Kentucky... Kyrie Irving is the only player I remember choose Duke over UK. Pretty sure Irving had some connection to Duke too. Is that right? Who else?

If Hagans reclasses to '18 assuming SGA leaves, I just don't see how Green stays. That'd be 3 PG's, 3 SG's (1 who can play SG/SF). There's no way you have 2 PG's on the court with the talent at SG.

Also, do you think all of Vanderbilt, Richards, Washington, Jones, Montgomery, Gabriel stay? That doesn't seem probable to me either.

Vanderbilt only one on that list who we might lose

Seriously, I somewhat question if Capel is as good as he's made out to be or if it's not just fans pumping hype machines. But looking back at Duke with out Capel with Calipari at Kentucky... Kyrie Irving is the only player I remember choose Duke over UK. Pretty sure Irving had some connection to Duke too. Is that right? Who else?

UK fans think he's John Wooden on the recruiting trail and has the ability to make Cal
look bad with orchestrated announcements and social media tricks!

Reactions: ceilo77
Every fan base does have those and I’ll admit we have probably more than anyone. I just thought they hung out at their team board and not this one.
I haven’t read where one single UNC or Duke fan said they didn’t want him.
Both schools were recruiting him for a position that he really didn’t want to play in college.
I think you’re trying to start shit out of nothing.

would that be anything like the UL fanbase claiming they do not want OAD players
yet every time your new coach offers a OAD player you make a thread about it Laughing

You don't think Gabriel is ready to make money somewhere with his situation?

I could certainly see one of the front court players leaving. Seems crowded to me.

Richards, PJ, SKJ, Gabriel, Vanderbilt, Montgomery That's 6 former 5* players for 2 spots.

Can't rule out that someone that hasn't announced yet has already told the staff their intentions to bail and Cal was able to pitch Montgomery on that.

Honestly with vanderbilts injury issues his best bet may be a redshirt.

And we've been told it's not a slam dunk that pj or Gabriel return.

I could see Gabriel playing some 3 with how he stretches the floor. He's quick enough and long enough to stay with a lot of college sf's as well. Has a great motor.

Reactions: HRTheCard
would that be anything like the UL fanbase claiming they do not want OAD players
yet every time your new coach offers a OAD player you make a thread about it Laughing

"Every fanbase has those people"

Do you need glasses?

I could certainly see one of the front court players leaving. Seems crowded to me.

Richards, PJ, SKJ, Gabriel, Vanderbilt, Montgomery That's 6 former 5* players for 2 spots.

Can't rule out that someone that hasn't announced yet has already told the staff their intentions to bail and Cal was able to pitch Montgomery on that.

Honestly with vanderbilts injury issues his best bet may be a redshirt.

And we've been told it's not a slam dunk that pj or Gabriel return.

I could see Gabriel playing some 3 with how he stretches the floor. He's quick enough and long enough to stay with a lot of college sf's as well. Has a great motor.
Also, could be why SGA is announcing today. To secure Hagans ASAP.

Calipari visited EJ last night. Today he commits.

Also, could be why SGA is announcing today. To secure Hagans ASAP.

Calipari visited EJ last night. Today he commits.

Not really sure how SGA announcing TODAY means anything. He could've announced last week without delaying it and Hagans would've committed. Probably had something to do with Knox

Not really sure how SGA announcing TODAY means anything. He could've announced last week without delaying it and Hagans would've committed. Probably had something to do with Knox
Hagans has said he's waiting to see what SGA or Diallo are doing.

A lot of moving pieces with Kentucky... Does this look like a reasonable projection?

Starters:
Ashton Hagans, Fr
Immanuel Quickley, Fr
Keldon Johnson, Fr
PJ Washington, So
Nick Richards, So

Bench:
Jemarl Baker, R-Fr
Tyler Herro, Fr
EJ Montgomery, Fr
Sacha Killeya-Jones, Jr

Going Pro:
Kevin Knox
Hamidou Diallo
Wenyen Gabriel
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jarred Vanderbilt

Transfer:
Quade Green
Tai Wynard

Huh why not? Bolden was pretty solid, especially defensively, when he was on the floor last year and should be set up for a solid junior year. K made a huge mistake in the Elite 8 by not playing Bolden when Carter had 2 fouls in the 1st half imo.

DeLaurier would be a small ball 5 option. If Bolden can be a solid rebounder and rim protector, Duke will be in great shape next year.

Bolden isn't great. He's got holes on both sides of the ball. He's played sparingly for the last 2 years. Which is why I expect K to try and get Carey to reclassify or get a grad transfer.

I don’t think we lose both Gabriel and Vanderbilt. I honestly feel we get 2/3 back out of PJ, Gabriel, Vanderbilt.

I’ve been wrong many times in regards to who stays and who goes though

A lot of moving pieces with Kentucky... Does this look like a reasonable projection?

Starters:
Ashton Hagans, Fr
Immanuel Quickley, Fr
Keldon Johnson, Fr
PJ Washington, So
Nick Richards, So

Bench:
Jemarl Baker, R-Fr
Tyler Herro, Fr
EJ Montgomery, Fr
Sacha Killeya-Jones, Jr

Going Pro:
Kevin Knox
Hamidou Diallo
Wenyen Gabriel
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander
Jarred Vanderbilt

Transfer:
Quade Green
Tai Wynard
Wynard is gone for sure. Green's family has said he's coming back. As fair as going pro, I'd be surprised if Gabriel went anywhere. Knox, Diallo,SGA sure. Vanderbilt 50/50. He'd be better to wait until next years weeker draft.

Knox returning had/have nothing to do with SGA's decision.

So you're telling me that SGA delayed his announcement because that would ensure Hagans commitment even though SGA could've easily announced last week and Hagans would've committed. Yet his announcement delay had NOTHING to do with Knox, his good friend and roommate, who had talks about returning between each other and it just so happened that the very next business day after Knox departs, SGA is making his move?

Okay, LOL!

So you're telling me that SGA delayed his announcement because that would ensure Hagans commitment even though SGA could've easily announced last week and Hagans would've committed. Yet his announcement delay had NOTHING to do with Knox, his good friend and roommate, who had talks about returning between each other?

Okay, LOL!

Sigh. I'm not going to explain it. Just run with what you know.

Reactions: treyforuk
Bolden isn't great. He's got holes on both sides of the ball. He's played sparingly for the last 2 years. Which is why I expect K to try and get Carey to reclassify or get a grad transfer.

Bolden has been injured. Was limited when he came back but I can breathe with him at the 5 (as long as he's healthy). EJ was going to be a luxury. K will play 4 out 1 in next season and Bolden/Javin/Vrank are more than enough to go along with the pieces we've brought in

Reactions: dukedevilz
Back to the topic. It's great to see UK pick up a great player who "models" his game off AD and realizes it's going to take a lot of hard work to get there.

Great pick up this morning. I couldn't care less on who he picked UK over.

Reactions: treyforuk
I’m not gonna pretend to act like I understand the numbers behind that first tweet but Duke got the #1, #2 and #3 ranked player in the country, right? There’s no way that cannot be considered the top class in the country.

Don't disagree. Though I think after Barrett the talent drops off quickly.

remember last week when you said you didn't want all the "drama" that comes from the least dramatic player ever, Romeo Langford (ranked twice as high as EJ)?

yeah, I do too.
No you don’t so I’m gonna need you to go to my post history and educate yourself.

Reactions: KisteK
Bolden has been injured. Was limited when he came back but I can breathe with him at the 5 (as long as he's healthy). EJ was going to be a luxury. K will play 4 out 1 in next season and Bolden/Javin/Vrank are more than enough to go along with the pieces we've brought in

SHOULD be more than enough. SHOULD be.

That's what I always have to tell myself in regards to UK.

Marcus Lee, Skal and Alex Poythress should have been enough down low for UK with Murray and Ulis being so dominant in the back court that year but they weren't and that team ultimately was very mediocre by blue blood standard.

SKJ and Richards should have been enough at center this past season but they weren't and that ended up being a weak spot in the lineup on both ends.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT