ADVERTISEMENT

Do you use plastic straws?

Do you use straws?

• Total voters
Anyone remember the hole in the ozone layer? Yeah, we should apply that effort to state sized plastic ocean islands.

I don’t use a plastic straw mainly because I’m not 12. You q
Yeah, at a restaurant. I was a dishwasher in high school and know better than to put my mouth on any anything that comes out of a restaurant kitchen that I don't absolutely have to put my mouth on (especially the rim of a glass other mouths have been on); so drinking straight from the glass they give you is appreciably more insane than using a straw. Can't drink a beer through a straw though, so that calls for some insanity I guess. Alcohol kills germs, right? haha

Plastic straws are environmentally pretty bad. I'm sure a biodegradable alternative will pop its head up soon, other than the paper straw nonsense.
Don't know how I've lived to be 58. One thing, I'm not a germaphobe.

In general, no. I'm a grown ass man, wtf do I need a straw to drink for? I will at a restaurant sometimes, since I've seen dishwashers in action.

I don’t use a plastic straw mainly because I’m not 12. You queers probably drink Limearita’s with a straw.

I don't at home, but I try to as much as possible when drinking dark liquids. Helps to keep the teeth whiter.

tenor.gif

Man, I remember how plastic bags were the new, best thing at supermarkets in the early-mid 80's, replacing paper bags and 'saving trees'. You would be an outcast if your chose paper bags over plastic back then...Society thought it would be paperless by the year 2000. Lol.

Acid rain, Brazilian rain forest destruction, and the ozone layer were big political issues as well at the time. Have those issues been solved, or have politicians just moved on to other 'issues' for votes, like 'global warming' and now the more generic 'climate change' every time one previous issue is denounced to be false?

Plastics are a big issue but infiltrate so much of daily life...restaurants focusing on straws is a joke, and just for political posturing.

Reactions: I am stupid
Man, I remember how plastic bags were the new, best thing at supermarkets in the early-mid 80's, replacing paper bags and 'saving trees'. You would be an outcast if your chose paper bags over plastic back then...Society thought it would be paperless by the year 2000. Lol.

Acid rain, Brazilian rain forest destruction, and the ozone layer were big political issues as well at the time. Have those issues been solved, or have politicians just moved on to other 'issues' for votes, like 'global warming' and now the more generic 'climate change' every time one previous issue is denounced to be false?

Plastics are a big issue but infiltrate so much of daily life...restaurants focusing on straws is a joke, and just for political posturing.
Humans have made great strides to reduce acid rain, deforestation and to restore the ozone layer in places where it’s been weakened. Things like the Clean Air and Water Act and the ban of CFC’s are a direct result to scientific studies that made the public aware of these issues. It’s good that these things happen. It may seem like it’s just fake outcry to you but really, policies are made because of that outcry and we’re all better off for it.

Humans have made great strides to reduce acid rain, deforestation and to restore the ozone layer in places where it’s been weakened. Things like the Clean Air and Water Act and the ban of CFC’s are a direct result to scientific studies that made the public aware of these issues. It’s good that these things happen. It may seem like it’s just fake outcry to you but really, policies are made because of that outcry and we’re all better off for it.
Now let's tackle the floating state.

A massive floating island of plastic between California and Hawaii is growing rapidly and is now three times the size of France, a new study finds. - Mar 23, 2018,

Last edited:
Now let's tackle the floating state.

A massive floating island of plastic between California and Hawaii is growing rapidly and is now three times the size of France, a new study finds. - Mar 23, 2018,
People are working on it. There’s a young entrepreneur named Boyan Slat who started a company called Ocean Cleanup. He’s also an inventor and is working the problem right now. I hope he succeeds.

i wonder how many of those "ban the straws" people are or have already gave up their bottle water

Haven't used the disposable plastic water bottles in over a decade.
Also don't drink soda or Gatorade out of plastic bottles.

No political motivation, no Save The Oceans visions, I just enjoy my drinks cold and with as little spit as possible.

The only single-use plastic I use is the cup/straw combo at Freddy's when I chocolate shake.

No political motivation, no Save The Oceans visions, I just enjoy my drinks cold and with as little spit as possible.

The only single-use plastic I use is the cup/straw combo at Freddy's when I chocolate shake.

That's a shame. I eat with my fingers in every resturant. It's offending when others eat with plastic oilbased spoons.

That's a shame. I eat with my fingers in every resturant. It's offending when others eat with plastic oilbased spoons.
plastic utensils? LoL, no.

What restaurant uses those?
(Do they have them at Freddy's? I only eat the burger/fries)

forgive me. i'm eating pb and icecream. waiting to hear from a friend on how's he doing.

sucks worrying

Last edited:
Yeah, at a restaurant. I was a dishwasher in high school and know better than to put my mouth on any anything that comes out of a restaurant kitchen that I don't absolutely have to put my mouth on (especially the rim of a glass other mouths have been on); so drinking straight from the glass they give you is appreciably more insane than using a straw. Can't drink a beer through a straw though, so that calls for some insanity I guess. Alcohol kills germs, right? haha

Plastic straws are environmentally pretty bad. I'm sure a biodegradable alternative will pop its head up soon, other than the paper straw nonsense.
I hope that New York and California choke on plastic straws.

Plastic can and is recycled all the damned time. These folks are environmental terrorist. Screw them all.

Sorry I chastised your boyfriend. You seem to stick up for him a lot, and run to his rescue. It’s cute. You don’t have to tell me where he touched you either, Trey. We already know. :D
Yep. You like you some junk.

That explains why you quote me constantly..

It must get monotonous, but carry on. Whatever blows your hair back, finds your lost remote, etc..
SmokinSmile
Wish I had hair to blow back...but thanks anyway.

With that said, seems like you quote me more. Feel free to do a tally. I'll accept your results..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT