ADVERTISEMENT

Duke fans that pay attention to Kenpom

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Do you guys remember what your numbers looked like BEFORE the tourney in 2015? I know it’s been a while but i could have sworn going into the tourney the defense was in the 70’s.

But when i use the torvik site to check what it was the monday after conference tourney’s that year it was 36th.

What do you all remember about that?

Do you guys remember what your numbers looked like BEFORE the tourney in 2015? I know it’s been a while but i could have sworn going into the tourney the defense was in the 70’s.

But when i use the torvik site to check what it was the monday after conference tourney’s that year it was 36th.

What do you all remember about that?

they won’t remember who they played in that tournament- that much I can tell you

Alright i’ve seen someone on our board also say 80th. I remembered 71. Glad i’m not the only one remembering it was bad though.

They went zone with Winslow up front right? that was the big change?

Alright i’ve seen someone on our board also say 80th. I remembered 71. Glad i’m not the only one remembering it was bad though.

They played some zone during the season but mostly man to man in the tournament. They lost to Notre Dame in the ACC tournament and really locked in on defense after that.

Reactions: Montana81

It was 80th when you look at the raw numbers and don't account for the opponent. But whenever you're speaking about KenPom metrics, it's assumed that you're talking about the Adjusted Offensive & Defensive Ratings. Our Adjusted Defensive Rating Pre-Tournament was 37th. We ended the season at #11.

I will concede, however, that after we dropped back-to-back games to NC State and Miami early in the ACC Season, our defensive rating plummeted to around 90th.

they won’t remember who they played in that tournament- that much I can tell you
I remember.

flat,750x1000,075,f.jpg

Reactions: tw3301

What makes you think that? Outside of the Round of 64 game, I suspect most fans on a message board of any school could tell you who they beat in their final 5 games.

Reactions: tw3301
It's the, "they didn't play anybody, easy path" bullshit.

Haha right! We got a bye to the national championship game.

We played and won a lot of quality road games in the regular season, though. 9-2 on the road, including wins over Wisconsin (1 seed), Virginia (2 seed), Louisville (4 seed), and UNC (4 seed).

• Haha
Reactions: tw3301 and UNC71-00
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT