ADVERTISEMENT

Do you hold the door open for strangers?

I don't like females being treated poorly. That said, it's this guys job to train her to be tough that way she or whomever won't be killed in battle. What's he supposed to do, hold her hand? You have to be tough to be in the military. It's not for the weak.

Yeah, if that’s a male soldier no one bats an eye.

Reactions: Boilermaker03
It’s pretty well known California is in a TON of debt. Can’t speak to the exact number but I know it’s realy, really large.
Most states are in debt, California's number is larger due to the fact of their assets and GDP. A state like Kentucky is still in debt, however the number seems minuscule in comparison. For instance, "Kentucky only has $12 billion of assets available to pay bills totaling $62.3 billion. Because Kentucky doesn't have enough money to pay its bills, it has a $50.3 billion financial hole." Kentucky is as red of a state as they come.

Most states are in debt, California's number is larger due to the fact of their assets and GDP. A state like Kentucky is still in debt, however the number seems minuscule in comparison. For instance, "Kentucky only has $12 billion of assets available to pay bills totaling $62.3 billion. Because Kentucky doesn't have enough money to pay its bills, it has a $50.3 billion financial hole." Kentucky is as red of a state as they come.
Not disagreeing with that at all. Can you find the same information for Cali? I’d be interested to see what it is because it’s largely thought of as severely in debt. That’s why taxes have gone up over the years.

Edit: Found it. $1.3T

https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/

Not disagreeing with that at all. Can you find the same information for Cali? I’d be interested to see what it is because it’s largely thought of as severely in debt. That’s why taxes have gone up over the years.

Edit: Found it. $1.3T

https://californiapolicycenter.org/californias-total-state-local-debt-totals-1-3-trillion/
Yeah, it's a bit much, but I need statistical data for comparison as far as gross income and profit to actually measure where California actually stands, it's obviously in debt, without a doubt, I'd just like to see a measuring stick in comparison to smaller economies and see where each state stands. I find this information pretty fascinating to be honest, I never get rustled with facts or data, it's just good quality info to have in your back pocket to further conversations that ultimately wouldn't be had.

Yeah, it's a bit much, but I need statistical data for comparison as far as gross income and profit to actually measure where California actually stands, it's obviously in debt, without a doubt, I'd just like to see a measuring stick in comparison to smaller economies and see where each state stands. I find this information pretty fascinating to be honest, I never get rustled with facts or data, it's just good quality info to have in your back pocket to further conversations that ultimately wouldn't be had.
For sure. The number alone doesn’t mean much. Thankfully Cali does bring in a ton of revenue and can handle it. My whole point was it’s getting up there and based on some of the policies, I would assume It isn’t going to get any smaller and at some point it’s going to be too much. Gotta pay the piper at some point.

For sure. The number alone doesn’t mean much. Thankfully Cali does bring in a ton of revenue and can handle it. My whole point was it’s getting up there and based on some of the policies, I would assume It isn’t going to get any smaller and at some point it’s going to be too much. Gotta pay the piper at some point.
Agreed, it's rapidly approaching too, although I think it's being paid on bond debt, but regardless something needs to happen.

California has 1/8th of the US population and the majority of the wealthy due to the actors, tech industry, etc. People are still leaving in high numbers due to the high taxes and extremely high housing costs.

https://www.google.com/search?sourc...131i46k1j46i131k1j0i131k1j0i3k1.0.rN8sHDQxmxU

Some big businesses are starting to leave too.

http://www.calbizjournal.com/whybusinessesleavecalifornia/

The trend for California and the US as a whole is the same if you look on the graph. So as the US goes, so does California for the most part, but that doesn't take into account the debt. The graph also shows the UK and Germany falling off since late 2014 allowing us to pass them. (graph is on the Bloomberg site you linked)
What did you mean when you said that California has “gone down considerably under the watch of the left”. When did that officially start?

Also, where did you get your numbers that say they went from 5th to 7th biggest economy in the world when you claimed the left was responsible for it?

Everything else being equal, yup.

No, thanks. I've already explained why.
No, no you haven't.

All very well and good to claim to acknowledge racism exists. Cynically dismissing every allegation of racism is a pretty good way to be sure you'll never have to follow through on standing and fighting against it. You're dismissing out of pocket the very nature of racism today in your first sentence. It no longer tends to show itself via direct confessions.
What? Cynically dismissing every allegation? Where have I done that? I told you that I've only dismissed claims that has video of the incident and it clearly wasn't racism.

Last edited:
I don't know what you're referring to as "things [I've] presented." I haven't seen evidence you've heard anything I've said since the distinction between liberal-conservative and Dem-Rep several pages ago.

Evidence is not an inherent prerequisite of logic. Often we use logic b/c we have to fill in the gap. Some evidence requires little effort or logic be added to it.
I literally addressed this statement with the comment you just quoted... I don't feel like talking in circles.

I don't see how I'm any different in tone and process from the "Is it racist" thread where you said this about me:

It's one thing to disagree. It's another thing to be unwilling to see any point or to be disrespectful.
It would be much easier to understand the points you make if you provided some evidence to back up that point of view. Otherwise believing in those views is akin to faith in religion. That's why I haven't acknowledged the things you've mentioned. Because I've heard them before without anything to back it up. Where on the contrary I have heard plenty that counters those points with evidence, which is why I have the beliefs I do. I require evidence.

But it's not though, to you it may be, to a majority of people it kind of is a thing. But go on believing what you do.

Also lol at the few and far between, not going to even address that falsehood.

And there's no bludgeoning this into your head at all, you already seem to have your mind made up on the matter, which is fine, I just disagree wholeheartedly, and find what your saying to be absolute and utter bs.

As for your last statement, systemic racism is a thing, I know you probably consider that to be fake news as well, but your bubble seems comfy. Enjoy it I suppose.
I've acknowledged that racism exists, but I have never personally seen an act of racism. My black friends said they don't experience it either. I'm sorry if I'm not going to swallow it like a pill just because the liberal media says it's so when typically I can watch the event and judge for myself. That's part of the wonderful world we live in with all of these cameras. Again, my offer stands, show me true racism and I'll fight along your side to end it. That's a genuine offer that you guys seem to be all to happy to blow off.

What did you mean when you said that California has “gone down considerably under the watch of the left”. When did that officially start?

Also, where did you get your numbers that say they went from 5th to 7th biggest economy in the world when you claimed the left was responsible for it?
It was from past searches at about the 2015 time. Had a similar discussion back then. Things have change a lot economically in the world since.

https://www.mercatus.org/statefiscalrankings

Many states don't do things very well, but I find it more than a strange coincidence that 4 of the 5 worst states fiscally are Democrat strongholds. California has a ton of resources which helps it tremendously.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/state-debt-clocks/state-of-california-debt-clock.html

It would be much easier to understand the points you make if you provided some evidence to back up that point of view. Otherwise believing in those views is akin to faith in religion. That's why I haven't acknowledged the things you've mentioned. Because I've heard them before without anything to back it up. Where on the contrary I have heard plenty that counters those points with evidence, which is why I have the beliefs I do. I require evidence.
You'll never understand the implicit, the subconscious, the systemic, or the abstract then.

It requires far less logic to acknowledge evidence than to reason through something less empirical, more anecdotal.

You'll never understand the implicit, the subconscious, the systemic, or the abstract then.

It requires far less logic to acknowledge evidence than to reason through something less empirical, more anecdotal.
Really? Subconscious? If there's ever a subconscious reaction to things it's because of the constant screams of racism from the Left. All of these things you just mentioned are convenient to the Left because they get to indoctrinate people with this garbage while never having to give any sort of evidence. Again, it's akin to faith in religion.

As Morgan Freeman said, the only way we will ever eliminate racism is to stop talking about it.

No, no you haven't.

What? Cynically dismissing every allegation? Where have I done that? I told you that I've only dismissed claims that has video of the incident and it clearly wasn't racism.
Yes, I thoroughly explained why it would be a waste of time to continue engaging you.

When you require such a concrete form of evidence, you'll dismiss every suspicious, gray area incident independently, w/o regard or respect for the position that those incidents compound one another into more and more dangerous, hostile interactions.

Last edited:
I've acknowledged that racism exists, but I have never personally seen an act of racism. My black friends said they don't experience it either. I'm sorry if I'm not going to swallow it like a pill just because the liberal media says it's so when typically I can watch the event and judge for myself. That's part of the wonderful world we live in with all of these cameras. Again, my offer stands, show me true racism and I'll fight along your side to end it. That's a genuine offer that you guys seem to be all to happy to blow off.
“I’ve never experienced it, nor have my *black friends” so therefore it’s a media ploy to incite confrontation between people that otherwise wouldn’t exist. :rolleyes:

This post was quite rich.

“I’ve never experienced it, nor have my *black friends” so therefore it’s a media ploy to incite confrontation between people that otherwise wouldn’t exist. :rolleyes:

Do you think the media benefits at all from stirring up controversies in race relations?

lol
I missed that part.

Here.
This one has a heavy liberal slant, both the site and the article, but it's one person's testimony about her perspective. If you're going to stand against racism, you're going to have to accept that it doesn't always come in the form of Klan robes and outright confessions.
More.

So you think all CNN and Fox News do is report? You don’t think they pander or push agendas?
Never said they didn’t, however you cited them, not me. Would you not agree that their main focus is ultimately stories, and not media fodder for the tin foil hat wearers to chew on? Every news source has a slant, but to close your eyes and ears to every story just because it’s acronym doesn’t fit your agenda, is foolish beyond belief. You’ve obviously never worked in media.

Reactions: Dattier
Never said they didn’t, however you cited them, not me. Would you not agree that their main focus is ultimately stories, and not media fodder for the tin foil hat wearers to chew on? Every news source has a slant, but to close your eyes and ears to every story just because it’s acronym doesn’t fit your agenda, is foolish beyond belief. You’ve obviously never worked in media.

I think the media wins when they drum up controversy and pander. They wouldn’t do it otherwise. I don’t have to work in media to understand that.

Here's where people like yourselves need to wake the **** up and realize that what the Democratic party is feeding you constantly about the right is absolute bullshit. Any time the right tries to do something that in any way shape or form that should help the black community, they make claims that it won't work and then call it racism. I'm sorry but there's no magic bullet to help them. It's going to be really hard, but that's what they need to turn their communities and culture around. This is why I have been hating on the Democrats so much ITT. Their policies are what have been keeping the black communities in such poor conditions. Don't allow school choice, don't allow proper policing to limit crime, handouts that prevent people from wanting to help themselves get out of poverty, etc. And because of these policies, businesses don't invest in these communities, and so on. In my eyes the Democrats have never changed. They are still the oppressors of the black community. They are just doing so under a different guise. Do you think anyone in this country that has actually done well for themselves did so because the government was there to hold their hand? Hell no, they worked their ass off. There was a lot of struggle, but that struggle kept them hungry and striving for better. You don't have that drive when you are handed shit. You definitely will struggle if your schools suck and there are barely any police around to prevent you from being shot. 13% of the population is responsible for 50% of the murders. You can't tell me that isn't a big problem. But I suppose in your mind that's the fault of the Right...

This is all bullshit. The democratic party encourages, nominates and elects minorities to positions of leadership throughout all levels of government. The republican party hasn't shown any initiative to do that. And it was the election of a black president that turned the republican party and right wing media into pack of rabid dogs. Neither party has a sure fire plan to narrow the economic gap, but one party is reaching out to diversify government leadership and the other party elected a blatantly racist president.

Because skin color IS irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. We just had a black president FFS. If skin color was such a big issue, how did that happen? This white privilege/racism shtick has no real teeth. Again, I acknowledge that there's racism, but it's few and far between. I'll gladly stand with anyone that experiences it and fight on their side.

So tell me this, do you honestly think that allowing school choice, removing federal handouts and adding more police to communities of color is bad for them? If so, how?

So if black women controlled 90% of government and owned 99% of the land in this country, would skin color still be irrelevant? You'd be cool with that?

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT