ADVERTISEMENT

Do you hold the door open for strangers?

Bullshit. Find 100 people right now you are around and ask em what they think. 99 will think this is stupid.

I don't hang out with feminists so of course the 100 nearest me aren't going to be anti-door-holding. Show up to one of those parades where women wear vaginas on their heads and ask 100 of them and I bet the number is quite a bit higher.

Yes, I hold the door for strangers, take people's carts in for them, put groceries back when some idiot decides they don't want something and are too lazy to put it back themselves, throw trash away if I see it on the ground, let people merge most of the time, don't really care about where I park, let her be on top if she wants, etc...

I'm rude if someone deserves it but only then. I'm pretty laid back and nice most of the time. People get worked up too often in real life IMO. I'm all about no stress and treating people decent.

Nice except to Kentucky folks! ;)

Bullshit. Find 100 people right now you are around and ask em what they think. 99 will think this is stupid.

I don't hang out with feminists so of course the 100 nearest me aren't going to be anti-door-holding. Show up to one of those parades where women wear vaginas on their heads and ask 100 of them and I bet the number is quite a bit higher.

I know a few. I know a few that are hardcore. None of them would buy into this. I would bet the number that think this way is low even among extremely liberal feminists.

Reactions: KisteK

So this small sect of people you never interact with are ruining your life how? However, I would wager most feminists also realize this is bullshit.

“Vaginas on heads” definitely made me laugh though. Laughing

Even if that is true who cares

I actually experienced this a couple weeks ago, for the first time.

I always hold doors open for anybody I see coming or going. Two weeks ago, a middle-aged lady followed me into a restaurant, so I held the door for her. She literally stopped in her tracks. I thought she was just being polite, so I encouraged her by saying something like ‘after you’, and then she flat out refused to go through the door until I did.

I thought it was just some awkward misunderstanding and didn’t realize what had really happened until afterwards. Very odd.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I hold the door if it is reasonable (not gonna wait 10 seconds if you're way back) for anyone, because I'm not a prick.

Anyone that is offended by someone who holds the door for them is an oversensitive child.
Let's just say you're a small man. An umpire of a small man. Would you take offense to a normal size guy holding the door for you?

Me, I hold the door open for anyone who is in close proximity to me. Doesn't matter if they are male, female, white, black or other. Tranny, gay and/or a unc fan.

So what is wrong with some people where men are assholes for opening the door for women? I always thought you were an asshole for not opening the door, not only for women, but anyone else.

DbMJUBjW0AAKj6b

Nathan E Michael knows what's up.

Yes. Do. I also find that almost all women hold the door open for me.

Not sure if I can tell if someone is transgender or gay by just looking at them as I exit a door.

Me, I hold the door open for anyone who is in close proximity to me. Doesn't matter if they are male, female, white, black or other. Tranny, gay and/or a unc fan.

So what is wrong with some people where men are assholes for opening the door for women? I always thought you were an asshole for not opening the door, not only for women, but anyone else.

DbMJUBjW0AAKj6b

Nathan E Michael knows what's up.
Feminists are a joke. They think everything is against them and the man is trying to keep them down. Sadly, there's a lot of crazies like this in other groups on the far left. Our country is filling up with a bunch of snowflakes.

Note: I say far left, not liberals. To me, there's a difference. Liberals are reasonable and you can have a conversation with them, even if they disagree. The far left just wants you to stfu.

Last edited:
I wonder what anyone would think about a dude who didn't want others holding the door for him because he thought of it as emasculating compared to the woman cited in the OP.

I wonder what anyone would think about a dude who didn't want others holding the door for him because he thought of it as emasculating compared to the woman cited in the OP.

The world is becoming a weird place

Apples to oranges because women are so irrationally hysterical.

Let's just say you're a small man. An umpire of a small man. Would you take offense to a normal size guy holding the door for you?

why did you get offended when that normal sized guy opened the door for you?
were you the only person he opened the door for?

Feminists are a joke. They think everything is against them and the man is trying to keep them down. Sadly, there's a lot of crazies like this in other groups on the far left. Our country is filling up with a bunch of snowflakes.

Note: I say far left, not liberals. To me, there's a difference. Liberals are reasonable and you can have a conversation with them, even if they disagree. The far left just wants you to stfu.
Good thing the far right is extremely "reasonable"

Reactions: Dattier
I would say thank you.

Good thing the far right is extremely "reasonable"
I don't like far anything. But what outrageous social stances does the Right take? I only ask because I don't know, not because I don't think it exists.

I would say thank you.

I don't like far anything. But what outrageous social stances does the Right take? I only ask because I don't know, not because I don't think it exists.

Some far righties think all abortion should be illegal (even in the case of rape). I think that's as dumb as some of the far lefties that think viable/uncomplicated 3rd trimester abortion should be the mother's choice still.

I do hold the door for strangers........ but for people I know I slam that mother effer right in their kissers...

I have to say, I get so weirded out by guys who froth over "feminists". A "feminist" is a person who thinks women are fundamentally equal to men and should be treated as such in areas such as education and employment. I can't imagine any normal male NOT being a feminist. If your mother was worth a damn, you should be a feminist.

Guys can be so painfully insecure and strange at times.

Reactions: Dattier
I have to say, I get so weirded out by guys who froth over "feminists". A "feminist" is a person who thinks women are fundamentally equal to men and should be treated as such in areas such as education and employment. I can't imagine any normal male NOT being a feminist. If your mother was worth a damn, you should be a feminist.

Guys can be so painfully insecure and strange at times.
Eh, I think there's a difference between thinking men and women should have equal opportunities and being a feminist, or at least an extreme feminist. Like trying to have the word "man" taken out of everything because it offends you.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/purdue-avoid-words-with-man-in-them/

Reactions: tw3301
Eh, I think there's a difference between thinking men and women should have equal opportunities and being a feminist, or at least an extreme feminist. Like trying to have the word "man" taken out of everything because it offends you.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/02/purdue-avoid-words-with-man-in-them/

Yeah, I don't really consider someone who thinks we should all be equal a feminist. I think that is just a reasonable person. I think, fair or not, the extreme people in this country have changed our labels (or at least the way we perceive them). It is also kind of specific to the person using it I guess.

I also would think a man complaining about a person holding the door as silly as this woman. I'm not sure those people exist. I don't doubt it but have just never heard that. There are silly people around though so probably.

ADVERTISEMENT