ADVERTISEMENT

Did UNC Basketball Get away with a Loophole?

Did they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yet, you continue to say others are butt hurt and mad on this message board.

So which is it? You can be mad or you cant be mad on a message board.

You wouldn't be a hypocrite with double standards could you?

Very happy and you wanna know why? Also I never said I was mad but you believe in the tooth fairy, the great pumpkin and the earth is flat, gotcha!

h/t @thebluestreak

3C199815-9A62-4457-8EB3-BFA7E12B6D36.jpeg

RollLaughRollLaughRollLaugh

I read this as you take poo's in the pool."

What is it about UNC fans that get your "goat"?

Fixed it! They don’t get my goat at all. I know they like to think they “rustle” people but I honestly just get a good laugh out of them. I think it’s because of how they (UNc fans) use to scream how dirty Cal was and they didn’t care if the NCAA cleared him or not because they just knew he was dirty but once the NCAA cleared them they acted like the NCAA’s word should be good enough for everyone.

Fixed it! They don’t get my goat at all. I know they like to think they “rustle” people but I honestly just get a good laugh out of them. I think it’s because of how they (UNc fans) use to scream how dirty Cal was and they didn’t care if the NCAA cleared him or not because they just knew he was dirty but once the NCAA cleared them they acted like the NCAA’s word should be good enough for everyone.
UNC fans are crazy happy,

Why shit on it?

Reactions: kl40504
Try talking about college basketball, and if they don't follow, it's on them.

Wait, didn’t you start this thread? I see what you’re saying but I’ve never started a thread about UNc. I do talk college basketball but when a thread is started like this one or like the one Sugar Tits started trying to bait other fans I’m gonna jump in and have a good time with it. I do get what you’re saying but It’s not as fun!:D

Wait, didn’t you start this thread? I see what you’re saying but I’ve never started a thread about UNc. I do talk college basketball but when a thread is started like this one or like the one Sugar Tits started trying to bait other fans I’m gonna jump in and have a good time with it. I do get what you’re saying but It’s not as fun!:D

yes, I did. Up Until then,there were some back and forth. the lines of perception was being blurred. I wanted to clarify on what every one here thought about UNC

I had no idea @uncfan in ky would out himself.

Thanks... I definitely married up... no doubt about it.

She’s definitely not a workout model like Brian’s but I think she’s very beautiful. Great mother, great wife & has a great career.
Outside of that damn Dallas Cowboys star tattooed on her ass check, she’s pretty great.

Why would I change it? I will around Christmas after I take another pic of her.

Yes sir. I’ve had a few pics of her on here. I change them up every few months. I think that one was taken before her morning jog on thanksgiving.

I'm still amazed at how committed to the lie you were. I mean, the amount of thought you put into the details was .......... psychotic but also clever. Reading back over the first few pages has definitely boosted my mood going into the workday. You're the real hero of the board uncfan.

It gets a bit boring reading about the debate over and over. Did they "cheat" or not? NCAA says no. What does basketball fans, from others fans say?
90% of basketball fans know they cheated. NCAA knows they cheated but chose not to penalize them on a technicality.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
I'm still amazed at how committed to the lie you were. I mean, the amount of thought you put into the details was .......... psychotic but also clever. Reading back over the first few pages has definitely boosted my mood going into the workday. You're the real hero of the board uncfan.
Thanks but you’re the clever one. To get banned under the name Jarms but then to make a name like Cat Incognito is pretty clever. Good job!!!!

Reactions: dirtyrock15
First I’m hearing of this

Why would the NCAA choose not to punish an institution they know is cheating? They sanctioned the hell out of UK IIRC and everyone knew they were cheating. Probably still are.

Reactions: Sevro
Jesus christ, can we quit bringing old posts back from the dead?

UNC Fans: Why the hell do you want to keep discussing the fact that your school deprived athletes of an actual education just to keep them eligible for decades? Playing coy and acting like it didn't happen doesn't change the fact that everyone knows it happened.
Other fans: Why the hell do you want to keep discussing the fact that UNC got away with it? Bringing it up over and over again isn't going to magically get them punished.

Just shut up about it already. We have other scandals to discuss now.

Why would the NCAA choose not to punish an institution they know is cheating? They sanctioned the hell out of UK IIRC and everyone knew they were cheating. Probably still are.
Because UNC was smart enough to let a few regular students enroll in the fake classes to make it look like these fake classes were open to all students.

The NCAA chair stated. “While student-athletes likely benefited from the courses, so did the general student body,” Sankey said.

On Friday, the NCAA finally—six-plus years after being notified of “new issues with student-athletes,” following one internal investigation and two investigations headed by politicians—issued its punishment to the University of North Carolina in the academic fraud case that took place in Chapel Hill for almost two decades. And boy, was the organization’s final ruling a doozy. The Tar Heels were hit with … a five-year show-cause penalty for the former chair of the Department of African and Afro-American Studies (otherwise known as “AFAM”). And that’s it? None of the athletic programs were given sanctions AT ALL? Wait, WHAT???

For those who followed this case closely from the onset, it should come as no surprise that the men’s basketball program—whose involvement in the scandal turned it into a massive story in the first place—was let off the hook. But for a large portion of the general public that believes the Tar Heels basketball program should have burned to the ground years ago, seeing the news that the defending national champions will skate has sparked a collective sense of outrage.

North Carolina’s Athletic Department Avoids Punishment in NCAA Investigation Into Academic Fraud[/paste:font]
The timing of this announcement doesn’t help matters. After all, although the NCAA’s investigation into the AFAM department at North Carolina didn’t start until department chair Julius Nyang’oro resigned in August 2011, that investigation was a byproduct of aseparate scandal that dates back to July 2010 and pertains to impermissible benefits received by the football team. And the NCAA doesn’t typically take this long hand down a ruling. Since 2010 it has doled out notable punishments to Ohio State (for the tattoo scandal), Miami (for impermissible benefits provided by mega-booster Nevin Shapiro, which included wild parties on Shapiro’s yacht), Penn State (for the horrifying Jerry Sandusky saga), and Louisville (for providing hookers to top high school prospects on recruiting visits). The NCAA has also penalized programs and coaches for countless other violations in the intervening time, from giving former Southern Miss and Tennessee men’s basketball coach Donnie Tyndall a 10-year show-cause penalty for academic and financial improprieties to giving UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma a secondary violation for calling Mo’ne Davis after Davis became the first girl to ever pitch a shutout in the Little League World Series. (This really happened.) As all of these punishments were handed out, though, North Carolina never got its day of reckoning for facilitating the most widespread academic scandal in the history of college sports. Understandably, that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

You would think at some point the AFAM U fans would ignore these threads and posts.

I think it says a lot that they continue to respond.

Because UNC was smart enough to let a few regular students enroll in the fake classes to make it look like these fake classes were open to all students.

The NCAA chair stated. “While student-athletes likely benefited from the courses, so did the general student body,” Sankey said.
On Friday, the NCAA finally—six-plus years after being notified of “new issues with student-athletes,” following one internal investigation and two investigations headed by politicians—issued its punishment to the University of North Carolina in the academic fraud case that took place in Chapel Hill for almost two decades. And boy, was the organization’s final ruling a doozy. The Tar Heels were hit with … a five-year show-cause penalty for the former chair of the Department of African and Afro-American Studies (otherwise known as “AFAM”). And that’s it? None of the athletic programs were given sanctions AT ALL? Wait, WHAT???

For those who followed this case closely from the onset, it should come as no surprise that the men’s basketball program—whose involvement in the scandal turned it into a massive story in the first place—was let off the hook. But for a large portion of the general public that believes the Tar Heels basketball program should have burned to the ground years ago, seeing the news that the defending national champions will skate has sparked a collective sense of outrage.

North Carolina’s Athletic Department Avoids Punishment in NCAA Investigation Into Academic Fraud[/paste:font]
The timing of this announcement doesn’t help matters. After all, although the NCAA’s investigation into the AFAM department at North Carolina didn’t start until department chair Julius Nyang’oro resigned in August 2011, that investigation was a byproduct of aseparate scandal that dates back to July 2010 and pertains to impermissible benefits received by the football team. And the NCAA doesn’t typically take this long hand down a ruling. Since 2010 it has doled out notable punishments to Ohio State (for the tattoo scandal), Miami (for impermissible benefits provided by mega-booster Nevin Shapiro, which included wild parties on Shapiro’s yacht), Penn State (for the horrifying Jerry Sandusky saga), and Louisville (for providing hookers to top high school prospects on recruiting visits). The NCAA has also penalized programs and coaches for countless other violations in the intervening time, from giving former Southern Miss and Tennessee men’s basketball coach Donnie Tyndall a 10-year show-cause penalty for academic and financial improprieties to giving UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma a secondary violation for calling Mo’ne Davis after Davis became the first girl to ever pitch a shutout in the Little League World Series. (This really happened.) As all of these punishments were handed out, though, North Carolina never got its day of reckoning for facilitating the most widespread academic scandal in the history of college sports. Understandably, that rubbed a lot of people the wrong way.

giphy.gif

SmokinSmile Laughing Winking

UNC Fans: Why the hell do you want to keep discussing the fact that your school deprived athletes of an actual education just to keep them eligible for decades? Playing coy and acting like it didn't happen doesn't change the fact that everyone knows it happened.
Other fans: Why the hell do you want to keep discussing the fact that UNC got away with it? Bringing it up over and over again isn't going to magically get them punished.

Because people like you are still so bitter about being wrong that you can't let it go, as is evidence here. So maybe take your own advice and they won't bring it back up.

Reactions: dirtyrock15

Some fools love beating a dead horse but I agree with your last sentence.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Because people like you are still so bitter about being wrong that you can't let it go, as is evidence here. So maybe take your own advice and they won't bring it back up.
Not wrong. 90% of this board believes UNC cheated. Pretty obvious to the average fan. Only UNC fans have their heads stuck in the sand.

ADVERTISEMENT