ADVERTISEMENT

Did UNC Basketball Get away with a Loophole?

Did they?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
UK fan here. I could care less what UNC got away with. If Duke fans believe they didn't pay out the ass for their three big dogs this year, you are being naive.

I've always said about the Anthony Davis rumor that UK got him for 250k, he was worth every penny. And prob should of been given ten times that.

Exactly. I don't care what goes on off the court.

Here's the thing- I have no doubt Carolina cheats, but this whole AFAM thing wasn't where they were cheating. Yet some fools went all in, hoping for Carolina to be embarrassed (because we all like to see other schools squirm) and now those idiots who went all in can't let it go. Take a beating like a man and move on.

Exactly. I don't care what goes on off the court.

Here's the thing- I have no doubt Carolina cheats, but this whole AFAM thing wasn't where they were cheating. Yet some fools went all in, hoping for Carolina to be embarrassed (because we all like to see other schools squirm) and now those idiots who went all in can't let it go. Take a beating like a man and move on.

I guess to explain my position. The coaches get paid, the university gets paid, the NCAA def gets paid. Why not help out these families who historically come from low income situations. Plus, you still have to play the games and you still have to WIN the games. Just because you get a guy or let them remain available to play doesn't mean they will automatically lead you to a chip.

Just my 2cents.

I guess to explain my position. The coaches get paid, the university gets paid, the NCAA def gets paid. Why not help out these families who historically come from low income situations. Plus, you still have to play the games and you still have to WIN the games. Just because you get a guy or let them remain available to play doesn't mean they will automatically lead you to a chip.

Just my 2cents.
You don’t think that giving a kid a free ride to a D1 university is helping out low income families?

Reactions: kyjeff1
Sure, but compared to what? To what the NCAA makes? To what the universities make? Coaches?

Chump change.

The way to alleviate all of this is to allow players who are good enough to go pro straight out of high school. The others have to stay for at least 3 years before they can be drafted by an NBA team.

Yeah, but it does kind of make sense that you UNC fans would want everyone to drop it, I would too if it was UK that got away with blatant cheating, but we're not a bunch of chicks, we're all dudes and that's what dudes do.

You have to admit, it was cheating and UNC got off on a technicality. You can't expect rival fans to just drop that.

If it was Duke that did it, you guys would be crushing them daily on here. Especially the one with the fake wife that we shall not beatlejuice.

This is where the issue is and where UNC fans like to turn the knife a bit. Why would we care if it is dropped? We weren't cheating and the fact you have to say it in your posts sort of illustrates that. Your narrative, that you probably read somewhere, was wrong. We told you that and you believed those who lied to you. Hell, you still believe them. That is how badly you wanted it. You were wrong. You are still wrong. I hope it continues to bug the hell out of you, as it clearly does by this post. It all just makes you guys look desperate and kind of clingy and weird. Like, why do you want to swim around in your wrongness and obsession like this? Do you really not know how it makes you look?

Reactions: UNC71-00
Sure, but compared to what? To what the NCAA makes? To what the universities make? Coaches?

Chump change.
That’s part of life. Paying college kids is absolutely ridiculous & leads to many other problems.
Are you just going to pay MBB & football players?
The NCAA & the Universities should take all that extra money & use it for scholarships for the non revenue sports like baseball, lacrosse, volleyball etc....
Those kids practice, travel & have games just like the MBB & football teams & most of them are on partial scholarship or none at all.

This is where the issue is and where UNC fans like to turn the knife a bit. Why would we care if it is dropped? We weren't cheating and the fact you have to say it in your posts sort of illustrates that. Your narrative, that you probably read somewhere, was wrong. We told you that and you believed those who lied to you. Hell, you still believe them. That is how badly you wanted it. You were wrong. You are still wrong. I hope it continues to bug the hell out of you, as it clearly does by this post.
I believe my own eyes and what I have read. Nothing people say influences me. I read the emails between professors, coaches and tutors. It was a systematic cheating scheme.

Ever wonder why DES got involved when Doherty wanted all new staff in the admin office. I mean, why would DES care if some secretaries were moved out of the basketball office?

But I know logic doesn't apply to UNC fans, only that there were no sanctions.

I believe my own eyes and what I have read. Nothing people say influences me. I read the emails between professors, coaches and tutors. It was a systematic cheating scheme.

Ever wonder why DES got involved when Doherty wanted all new staff in the admin office. I mean, why would DES care if some secretaries were moved out of the basketball office?

But I know logic doesn't apply to UNC fans, only that there were no sanctions.

You and logic don’t work well together.

I say allow players to sign endorsement deals with no ties to particular programs.

The problem with this is that it creates a divide on the individual teams. Can't have some dudes getting paid and others not, even if there is a stark disparity in talent.

No, it wasn't cheating. This is where the disconnect occurs and fortunately for us, the NCAA agrees.

If I were a rival fan, I would drop it because I lost and I wouldn't want the winner dragging his big hairy nut sack across my face every time I posted something about it. And no, I don't want y'all to drop it because threads like these are fun for me. I enjoy trolling people who lost and like to complain about it after the fact. I do the same thing with Hillary voters and Bernie Bros and RINOs who whine about Trump.

As far as the rest of it, pure speculation.
Eh, I'm not going to go through all the reasons for why it was cheating and why the NCAA let UNC off the hook, it's spelled out in about 30 different threads on here.

If roles were reversed, I probably would be saying exactly what you guys are saying and you guys would be throwing darts at UK, Rupp Rafters and UK fans.

We're competetive, it's what we do.

Reactions: AWilli6995
I doubt I would be throwing any darts at UK. I will at times throw some at Duke and State for fun but generally don't want programs to get in trouble. I understand others aren't like that though.

Reactions: kyjeff1
The problem with this is that it creates a divide on the individual teams. Can't have some dudes getting paid and others not, even if there is a stark disparity in talent.
Sure you can. Every team has players who won't be drafted and some who aren't good enough to see as much time on the floor. There are all kinds of situations where one player is going to be jealous of another. If you are a projected first round pick, then someone will be interested in offering an endorsement deal to you. If you're not, then be happy with what the school gave you for committing to their program, which is a free ride in a prestigious school.

This is where the issue is and where UNC fans like to turn the knife a bit. Why would we care if it is dropped? We weren't cheating and the fact you have to say it in your posts sort of illustrates that. Your narrative, that you probably read somewhere, was wrong. We told you that and you believed those who lied to you. Hell, you still believe them. That is how badly you wanted it. You were wrong. You are still wrong. I hope it continues to bug the hell out of you, as it clearly does by this post. It all just makes you guys look desperate and kind of clingy and weird. Like, why do you want to swim around in your wrongness and obsession like this? Do you really not know how it makes you look?
If you read my post and came away thinking it bothers me, then read it again.

It is what it is. UNC will always be thought of, by non-UNC fans, as a program that got away with the biggest cheating scandal of all time and you bullied the NCAA in the process.

You guys see it your way, the rest see it a different way.

It's as simple as that.

It definitely bothers you. You can tell by the way you have to throw certain things in your post to try and justify you still talking about. It's ok. You aren't alone.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Jay Bilas giving Dennis Dodd some love. Wth.
Jay is on record hundreds of times saying athletes should be paid what the market allows in college

Just my 2cents.
That would be opening Pandora's box. You think cheating is rampant now? You couldn't possibly keep college sports safe from corruption if you allowed kids to get paid.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I don't see how it wouldn't. I am thinking, Gatorade, or icy hot. Some shit like that.
Problem is, if you take away the shoe companies, nobody really cares to pay some college kid.
You might get the big name kids,like Zion, to get sponsors but if their brand isn’t on TV, then what reason do they have to sponsor them?
You can’t say Jordan Brand can’t sign kids but Nike can. Naturally Nike wants their shoes on TV as much as possible, so they’ll push kids to schools like UK & Dook to have their products on ESPN as much as possible.

Eh, I'm not going to go through all the reasons for why it was cheating and why the NCAA let UNC off the hook, it's spelled out in about 30 different threads on here.

If roles were reversed, I probably would be saying exactly what you guys are saying and you guys would be throwing darts at UK, Rupp Rafters and UK fans.

Again, you are speculating. I can for my part assure you that I wouldn't be a shitty loser and whine about losing the game because the refs (the NCAA in this case) were crooked or made bad calls.

I agree and if it was you guys, Duke etc I would of let it go as soon as the verdict came in. I’m not one beating a dead horse and arguing something that’s been settled.

Sure you can. Every team has players who won't be drafted and some who aren't good enough to see as much time on the floor. There are all kinds of situations where one player is going to be jealous of another. If you are a projected first round pick, then someone will be interested in offering an endorsement deal to you. If you're not, then be happy with what the school gave you for committing to their program, which is a free ride in a prestigious school.

I played lacrosse in college. Some of the guys had scholarships and some didn't. It created somewhat of a divide and this was for a non-revenue sport at a small D1 school. I can't imagine what million dollar endorsement deals would do to chemistry.

Having some paid players on the team would change the dynamic.

Reactions: uncfan in ky
I’m in it when others throw the first punch.
DeniroInfiniteLoop.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT