ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Kentucky,

A fake title to go with fake classes. Way to go UNC.
tenor.gif

BYU is having a busy day.
First they beat out UK for the Purdue transfer & now in the championship vs UNC.

UNC holds 52% of the votes at this point. Still three days left. Gotta imagine the neutral voters will determine the winner.

UNC holds 52% of the votes at this point. Still three days left. Gotta imagine the neutral voters will determine the winner.

Carolina has trailed almost every round until the wire. Seems some of their players (past and current) been chiming in during crunch time. Almost like a real brotherhood. ;)

Carolina has trailed almost every round until the wire. Seems some of their players (past and current) been chiming in during crunch time. Almost like a real brotherhood. ;)

Only thing that will stop UNC from winning is a block from Scott Sterling.

Only ******s think this.

Plus UNC has a great following. BYU has shit.

Sorry for the edit, but this site does not allow one to type "******s". What is ******* out is R E T A R D S.
That's because some people find the term offensive, Bert. Surely, such beliefs will make it to Kentucky, eventually. Patience. ;)

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I like you, Bert. Have a great weekend!
Same here, I like 829305. One day I am going to figure out what that number means and you will be in trouble.

You are one of the good guys and I hope you have a great weekend.

I am not Catholic, but I am eating fish in about one hour. Fish is a good start on a good weekend.

Reactions: 829305
Same here, I like 829305. One day I am going to figure out what that number means and you will be in trouble.

You are one of the good guys and I hope you have a great weekend.

I am not Catholic, but I am eating fish in about one hour. Fish is a good start on a good weekend.

As any UK fan knows, it’s all about the titles...
‘82
‘93
‘05
I joined here in 2007(?).

Need an update: 8293050917. Winking

Enjoy the fish!

As any UK fan knows, it’s all about the titles...
‘82
‘93
‘05
I joined here in 2007(?).

Need an update: 8293050917. Winking

Enjoy the fish!
Always wondered why you left 57 out of your name?
And I guess 24 if you wanted to piss off people.

Only ******s think this.

Plus UNC has a great following. BYU has shit.

Sorry for the edit, but this site does not allow one to type "******s". What is ******* out is R E T A R D S.

You don't think BYU has a great following? They have one of the rowdiest crowds in the country, IMO. And it's a pretty big university. Actually has more students than UNC.

You don't think BYU has a great following? They have one of the rowdiest crowds in the country, IMO. And it's a pretty big university. Actually has more students than UNC.

They have decent local following but most stores outside their area do not stock BYU shirts. ESPN and CBS are not fighting to get their games are they?

Lots of teams have rowdy crowds.

I will stick with my original statement.

They have decent local following but most stores outside their area do not stock BYU shirts. ESPN and CBS are not fighting to get their games are they?

It’s an online poll for best fan base. It’s not surprising to see BYU in the finals. I bet if you polled every single person in the United States “what is your favorite college” BYU might have the most. There’s over 6,000,000 Mormons in the US and BYU is the flagship Mormon school.

They may not have the sports following like other schools but this is hardly a scientific poll. If it was then KU would win it easily. SmokinSmile

I will grant you that they are more regionally concentrated. But, I think there's a good chance they have a top 5 fanbase in every state in the mountain and pacific time zones. Not as many BYU fans in the east coast, but there's still a decent contingency. Just look at the Tennessee football game from last year. No way did all of these people travel from the other side of the country. Most, I'm guessing, just traveled a few hours to watch their team.

ED5rNWuUcAAVUf1

And yes, they have a contract with ESPN in football (see the tweet below). Basketball had 11 games televised on ESPN. They're not an especially elite program in basketball or football, and playing in the WCC certainly doesn't help, but I wouldn't underestimate the size of the fanbase. Don't believe they randomly just beat Michigan State, Indiana in the college basketball poll - and currently leading UNC, 51-49%, with one hour remaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: 829305
Then, I will bow down to BYU. The best fan base in the country.

I wouldn't necessarily say they have the best fans, or even the most fans. But there's no denying that the fanbase is substantial. They play in a mid major, yet they have the resources and support of a school that more closely resembles a top 25 school.

Getting into a Tennessee football game isn't the standard it used to be.

lol this is true. Tennessee has dropped off considerably. Kind of sad, too. They used to consistently be in the top 10, even in spite of their shortcomings with Florida.

I was merely pointing out that BYU had a decent showing in Knoxville. It's possible that they jjust travel really, really well. The more likely conclusion, however, is that there are simply BYU fans all over the country - because, well, the school is run by a church that has people all over the country.

Reactions: JimboBBN
lol this is true. Tennessee has dropped off considerably. Kind of sad, too. They used to consistently be in the top 10, even in spite of their shortcomings with Florida.

I was merely pointing out that BYU had a decent showing in Knoxville. It's possible that they jjust travel really, really well. The more likely conclusion, however, is that there are simply BYU fans all over the country - because, well, the school is run by a church that has people all over the country.
I can see it. Kinda like Notre Dame

Reactions: dukedevilz
Looks like UNC ended up winning the fan poll. I wonder how big the margin was, as they both had roughly 50% of the votes.

ADVERTISEMENT