ADVERTISEMENT

Confused

I think there’s a rule against that. Which plays a role in where teams end up sometimes.

It's 1 NCAA round per 1 game in the regular season.

There’s 8 districts

tenor.gif

Reactions: TheDude1
I don't think there is a "rule" per say. But I do know the NCAA said they don't like having conference opponents meet any earlier than the SW16.....

I could have sworn it used to be a rule (unless it was unavoidable), but they did away with it because conference expansion led to so many teams from each conference getting an invite. I could be wrong about that though.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Math not your thing, Bert?
This really bothers me 829305.

There were 8 BigTen team in a field of 64 (forget the first play-ins). Shit, man, simple math is 8 times 8 is 64. Then we go to a field of 32. 8 times 8 remains 64 but we have only 32 positions.

The BigTen was over seeded, so stop the shit about two BigTen teams playing in the field of 32. Why are 2 of the best 3 SEC seeds in the same region?

Even folks who go to North Carolina and never have to go to class surely understand 6th grade math.

This really bothers me 829305.

There were 8 BigTen team in a field of 64 (forget the first play-ins). Shit, man, simple math is 8 times 8 is 64. Then we go to a field of 32. 8 times 8 remains 64 but we have only 32 positions.

The BigTen was over seeded, so stop the shit about two BigTen teams playing in the field of 32. Why are 2 of the best 3 SEC seeds in the same region?

Even folks who go to North Carolina and never have to go to class surely understand 6th grade math.

Lol. It's possible to put 8 teams in the tournament and not have them meet up in the Round of 32. That was my only point, Bert. Take a breath, buddy.

I could have sworn it used to be a rule (unless it was unavoidable), but they did away with it because conference expansion led to so many teams from each conference getting an invite. I could be wrong about that though.
I'm almost positive it was a rule. You're probably also right with why it changed.

ADVERTISEMENT