ADVERTISEMENT

The SEC battles the nation in the NCAA Tourney (Dance)

Just curious, how so?

He was a fûcktard who got his ass handed to him when he went after Carolina a few years ago.

He pimps out his schools to ESPN to the detriment of college sports.

He ****s with other conferences with his non stop poaching- ruining all that we once enjoyed. Even SEC people can’t convince me you prefer an SEC with 2 UTs, Oklahoma, Missouri and A&M.

We would all be a lot happier with the state of affairs in CFB and CBB if Sankey was flushed and never heard from again.

I hope he dies tonight.

What does one have to do with the other?
The SEC is pretty successful and Commissioner. Jim J. Phillips isn't even keeping the ACC together much less successful. Just looks silly.

The SEC is pretty successful and Commissioner. Jim J. Phillips isn't even keeping the ACC together much less successful. Just looks silly.

WGAF

You know who roots for conferences? Fans of teams that can’t do shit on their own.

Reactions: AWilli6995
WGAF

You know who roots for conferences? Fans of teams that can’t do shit on their own.
No fan can do shit on their own. UNC has a great history, but you had nothing to do with it. It is delusional to think otherwise.

You might want to step away from College sports and clear your perspective on what is important in life

You might want to step away from message boards forever if you took that comment literally.

Reactions: tw3301
No fan can do shit on their own. UNC has a great history, but you had nothing to do with it. It is delusional to think otherwise.

Are you a female? You sound like my ex-wife trying to argue.

bama5.jpg

Congrats on your win bammers, but

Last edited:
He was a fûcktard who got his ass handed to him when he went after Carolina a few years ago.

He pimps out his schools to ESPN to the detriment of college sports.

He ****s with other conferences with his non stop poaching- ruining all that we once enjoyed. Even SEC people can’t convince me you prefer an SEC with 2 UTs, Oklahoma, Missouri and A&M.

We would all be a lot happier with the state of affairs in CFB and CBB if Sankey was flushed and never heard from again.

I hope he dies tonight.
Fair enough. Thanks.

WGAF

No offense but we're not the conference with an existential crisis on our hands. Let's not forget, your own alum is a large part of the reason the ACC finds itself where it is today. John Swofford and his son will be the downfall of the ACC with their backdoor dealing and love affair with Jefferson Pilot. Greed is why the ACC will meet its demise and UNC is the Texas of the ACC. Conference destroyers.

Looks like I new favorite youtuber doesn’t just critisize 'Crapipari', he has a thing for Bill Self too. 😅

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
Thanks Jeff, it was scary as can be,😬
That’s how it in the NCAAT.
That 2014 run UK had where every game ended in a comeback and a huge shot, almost did me in.

UT has another nail biter coming. Creighton showed their toughness last night against Oregon, they are a force, but I like UT's chances. Guard the hell out of the 3.

That’s how it in the NCAAT.
That 2014 run UK had where every game ended in a comeback and a huge shot, almost did me in.

UT has another nail biter coming. Creighton showed their toughness last night against Oregon, they are a force, but I like UT's chances. Guard the hell out of the 3.

This is like chasing the Dragon very addictive. Good thing I never got into Heroin.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Looks like I new favorite youtuber doesn’t just critisize 'Crapipari', he has a thing for Bill Self too. 😅

Love that dude’s station. Got a new sub from me.

My uneducated opinion is I think Self has been done with this year for a little while. I don’t think he necessarily phoned it in, but it wasn't his best coaching job.

Love that dude’s station. Got a new sub from me.

My uneducated opinion is I think Self has been done with this year for a little while. I don’t think he necessarily phoned it in, but it wasn't his best coaching job.
Yeah, but it’s kinda unfair to go through game tape and find all the mistakes. You could do that with Dan Hurley too, players F up, if they played perfect defense, the other team would end up with zero points.

That being said, his points on the UK loss, were spot on. Gelke (sp?) was able to just run around through the paint and around screens without a single UK player jamming him. He went around screens and nobody was on his hip and we had guys positioned in a way that gave Oakland space to do whatever they wanted.

Cal just isn’t good enough, but he doubles down by running freshmen out there, you can't teach these kids all the things they need to know and instill enough discipline in 1 season.

He hired an offensive coordinator over the summer, now, it looks to me like he needs to hire a defensive coordinator. Heck, Orlando and Chin do the hard recruiting work, so what the hell is Cal doing? 9 million a year for what?

Yeah, but it’s kinda unfair to go through game tape and find all the mistakes. You could do that with Dan Hurley too, players F up, if they played perfect defense, the other team would end up with zero points.

That being said, his points on the UK loss, were spot on. Gelke (sp?) was able to just run around through the paint and around screens without a single UK player jamming him. He went around screens and nobody was on his hip and we had guys positioned in a way that gave Oakland space to do whatever they wanted.

Cal just isn’t good enough, but he doubles down by running freshmen out there, you can't teach these kids all the things they need to know and instill enough discipline in 1 season.

He hired an offensive coordinator over the summer, now, it looks to me like he needs to hire a defensive coordinator. Heck, Orlando and Chin do the hard recruiting work, so what the hell is Cal doing? 9 million a year for what?
That’s fair. Players do f up no matter what the coaches say. I manage a team at work and it doesn’t matter how many times I explain concepts to some of them they never seem to get it. Some do immediately and some won’t after several years. It can be maddening.

I think for UK it’s easier to criticize because it’s been a negative trend over the last few years where different guys come in and don’t seem to get it. Earlier in his time at Kentucky he had great defenses, but the last few years there has been a slide. I also wonder if part of it is offenses run very differently now and he doesn’t know how to stop it.

For $9 million a year I would hope he’d be good at coaching offense or defense or game management. You guys have to pay your assistance head coach wages to teach every aspect of the game that he can’t? What is he good at? That’s a lot of money for a recruiting coordinator.

That’s fair. Players do f up no matter what the coaches say. I manage a team at work and it doesn’t matter how many times I explain concepts to some of them they never seem to get it. Some do immediately and some won’t after several years. It can be maddening.

I think for UK it’s easier to criticize because it’s been a negative trend over the last few years where different guys come in and don’t seem to get it. Earlier in his time at Kentucky he had great defenses, but the last few years there has been a slide. I also wonder if part of it is offenses run very differently now and he doesn’t know how to stop it.

For $9 million a year I would hope he’d be good at coaching offense or defense or game management. You guys have to pay your assistance head coach wages to teach every aspect of the game that he can’t? What is he good at? That’s a lot of money for a recruiting coordinator.
A lot of it is the current state of AAU basketball is different than it used to be. They used to teach defensive fundamentals, now, it's all about scoring, so when these kids come to college, they have no defensive mentality and when you step on a college court with veteran players, you're in trouble.

Sure, great talent will win you some games, but eventually, you're going to lose when the heat gets hot. This young team stuff doesn't work anymore and it hasn't for a while, bit this guy is too enamored with padding his NBA draft pick stats.

A lot of it is the current state of AAU basketball is different than it used to be. They used to teach defensive fundamentals, now, it's all about scoring, so when these kids come to college, they have no defensive mentality and when you step on a college court with veteran players, you're in trouble.

Sure, great talent will win you some games, but eventually, you're going to lose when the heat gets hot. This young team stuff doesn't work anymore and it hasn't for a while, bit this guy is too enamored with padding his NBA draft pick stats.
Just an aside, I just went over to see what Rafters is like right now. What a mess. Threads about it’s imminent he’s gone, now he’s probably staying, etc. Posters just freaking out.

Just an aside, I just went over to see what Rafters is like right now. What a mess. Threads about it’s imminent he’s gone, now he’s probably staying, etc. Posters just freaking out.
They are high strung during the best of times. I can only imagine what they are like now.

Yeah, I went over and read some threads. There are a lot of great posters over there that have kept their cool and didn't take sides, like Aike, now, all those guys have hurled themselves over the fence. I believe Cal has lost all but the few fools that are either football fans, or guys thst don't understand what UK basketball is supposed to be.

Cal's time at UK needs to be fone by COB tomorrow IMO.

I would he okay with it if he was humble and didn't put the NBA draft in front of UK. This is not how you manage a program and build rosters if winning titles is your goal, this is what you do when your agenda is padding ones NBA draft numbers. He had his chances, this was the team that he pointed to and said this was what he needed to win. Welp, he failed badly.

Yeah, I went over and read some threads. There are a lot of great posters over there that have kept their cool and didn't take sides, like Aike, now, all those guys have hurled themselves over the fence. I believe Cal has lost all but the few fools that are either football fans, or guys thst don't understand what UK basketball is supposed to be.

Cal's time at UK needs to be fone by COB tomorrow IMO.

I would he okay with it if he was humble and didn't put the NBA draft in front of UK. This is not how you manage a program and build rosters if winning titles is your goal, this is what you do when your agenda is padding ones NBA draft numbers. He had his chances, this was the team that he pointed to and said this was what he needed to win. Welp, he failed badly.
Cal is a great coach. However, he has lost sight of the objective. His job is to make UK a powerhouse winner.
It is not about young men seek their fame and fortune. It is great if you can do both, but accomplishing the goal of your employer is the only true goal.

Reactions: asindc
Cal is a great coach. However, he has lost sight of the objective. His job is to make UK a powerhouse winner.
It is not about young men seek their fame and fortune. It is great if you can do both, but accomplishing the goal of your employer is the only true goal.
The thing is, with the exception of a couple players, all the guys that have gone on to the NBA out of UK, were going to the NBA no matter where they went to school, but Cal takes credit for getting them there.

Heck, even Tyler Herro and Reed Sheppard were going to the NBA, they were just underrated in the rankings.

Now, look what he did for Antonio Reeves, that kid should play in the NBA now, but Cal never talks about that. He only wants to talk about how great DJ and Edwards are. Those two need another year in college, but with this culture, they're gone no matter what.

He talks about Reed Sheppard like he's an after thought. He pre determines who his favorites are going to be and he stays with it no matter what. It’s a tiring act that needs to end. He’s not going to change, so there's only one way to fix the issue.

The thing is, with the exception of a couple players, all the guys that have gone on to the NBA out of UK, were going to the NBA no matter where they went to school, but Cal takes credit for getting them there.

Heck, even Tyler Herro and Reed Sheppard were going to the NBA, they were just underrated in the rankings.

Now, look what he did for Antonio Reeves, that kid should play in the NBA now, but Cal never talks about that. He only wants to talk about how great DJ and Edwards are. Those two need another year in college, but with this culture, they're gone no matter what.

He talks about Reed Sheppard like he's an after thought. He pre determines who his favorites are going to be and he stays with it no matter what. It’s a tiring act that needs to end. He’s not going to change, so there's only one way to fix the issue.
Here is the deal, when you choose to recruit one and done freshmen you can't use their youth as an excuse.
UK looked they had never seen a zone defense. That is lack of preparation considering Oakland has used it frequently this year. The bottom line is that Oakland does not have one player that can match any player UK has on talent at any position. Oakland's coach make $300,000+/yr. That means you could hire 27 HC's at the price of Cal. Losing that game was totally unacceptable.

I really didn't want to get into this game cause I didn't want to rub it in. Believe it or not I don't like to kick someone when they are down.

“The thing is, with the exception of a couple players, all the guys that have gone on to the NBA out of UK, were going to the NBA no matter where they went to school, but Cal takes credit for getting them there.”

I agree 100%.

Reactions: kyjeff1 and della
Here is the deal, when you choose to recruit one and done freshmen you can't use their youth as an excuse.
UK looked they had never seen a zone defense. That is lack of preparation considering Oakland has used it frequently this year. The bottom line is that Oakland does not have one player that can match any player UK has on talent at any position. Oakland's coach make $300,000+/yr. That means you could hire 27 HC's at the price of Cal. Losing that game was totally unacceptable.

I really didn't want to get into this game cause I didn't want to rub it in. Believe it or not I don't like to kick someone when they are down.
Oh no, I don't take it as you rubbing it in. Oakland is actually a really good TEAM, they proved it last night, but when you have elite talent and you are 35 games in, you can't lose that after all the other bad losses the last 5 years, then claim youth as an excuse.

UK losing that game is worth it if it is the final in Cal's UK tenure coffin. It will really suck if he remains the coach at UK, because next years teamwill be just as young, but.less talented.

The days of winning with young rosters, is over and it's been over for many years now.

But Cal has really gotten exposed these last few years. He had Oscar, a NPOY, for 2 years and he's had elite young talent mixed in with good veterans and lost every way you can lose.

The worst part is, he refuses to give up his night at the NBA draft green room, but that's what it's going to take.

He brags about his NBA guys, the money they make, the current draft picks and the ones in the next class, but he doesn't brag about UK, or the non NBA players. Heck, he had to force himself to say nice things about Sheppard and Dillingham, but he constantly praised Edwards and Wagner. He’s a weird guy.

He just needs to take a job somewhere in the NBA, since that's what gets him excited.

Oh no, I don't take it as you rubbing it in. Oakland is actually a really good TEAM, they proved it last night, but when you have elite talent and you are 35 games in, you can't lose that after all the other bad losses the last 5 years, then claim youth as an excuse.

UK losing that game is worth it if it is the final in Cal's UK tenure coffin. It will really suck if he remains the coach at UK, because next years teamwill be just as young, but.less talented.

The days of winning with young rosters, is over and it's been over for many years now.

But Cal has really gotten exposed these last few years. He had Oscar, a NPOY, for 2 years and he's had elite young talent mixed in with good veterans and lost every way you can lose.

The worst part is, he refuses to give up his night at the NBA draft green room, but that's what it's going to take.

He brags about his NBA guys, the money they make, the current draft picks and the ones in the next class, but he doesn't brag about UK, or the non NBA players. Heck, he had to force himself to say nice things about Sheppard and Dillingham, but he constantly praised Edwards and Wagner. He’s a weird guy.

He just needs to take a job somewhere in the NBA, since that's what gets him excited.
Don’t take this wrong, but UK has to blame themselves. What kind of stupid pays some guy top money and then gives a coach a lifetime contract? Who is going to steal him WKU? Why would he even need the incentive of that contract if you are already paying more than anyone else?
You could just added a first right to match any offer. That is dumb and it’s all on UK.

Don’t take this wrong, but UK has to blame themselves. What kind of stupid pays some guy top money and then gives a coach a lifetime contract? Who is going to steal him WKU? Why would he even need the incentive of that contract if you are already paying more than anyone else?
You could just added a first right to match any offer. That is dumb and it’s all on UK.
Pretty much every UK fan wants Mitch Barnhart fired just because he gave that completely one sided contract to Cal.
Mitch peed down his leg at just the thought of Cal taking the UCLA job znd if I had to bet, I would put money on the fact that Cal used UCLA's offer as leverage and never had any intention on leaving UK. The guy is a snake and Mitch is a candy ass.

Pretty much every UK fan wants Mitch Barnhart fired just because he gave that completely one sided contract to Cal.
Mitch peed down his leg at just the thought of Cal taking the UCLA job znd if I had to bet, I would put money on the fact that Cal used UCLA's offer as leverage and never had any intention on leaving UK. The guy is a snake and Mitch is a candy ass.
UCLA wasn't going to match UK's money.

ADVERTISEMENT