ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Superiority

Yeah, sure-----Championships indicate how good a TEAM is..---It has zero bearing on how good the conference is...

Moral victory? Huh? I'm just answering your stupid ass ,uneducated responses...I don't give **** what anyone outside of Indiana does, from the B10.

Your take on the best conference being defined by titles, is fuking stupid. Kentucky won the title in 2012----PLayed in a 4 bid league. None of the other 3 teams were higher than a 5 seed. Do you think the SEC was the best conference in 2012? Something tells me, you do.

In 2018, the ACC got 9 teams in....SEC got 8...Big 12 got 7....Big East got 6. Nova won the title----And was responsible for 6 of the cofnerences 9 NCAAT wins...No one besides Nova made it past the 2nd round. ACC had 4 teams advance to the SW 16.. Two to the ELite 8...Big 12 got 4 teams to the SW 16....3 to the ELite 8---One to the FF.

So I guess since Nova won the title, that made the BE the best? Even though 5 of the 6 teams were gone by the 1st weekend?

Just a stupid ass argument..
What criteria is used to gauge the best conference? Polls / ranked teams? Lol...OOC %? This is why I'm saying who cares / moral victory. Championships matter and lack of championships are indicative of the strength of a conference over 30 years...Big Ten is more mediocre than great - many good teams but nobody will remember in 20 years how many bids a league got or how that league was ranked during the season but they will see how many championships a team from a league won over any time period. So, kudos for the Big Ten having more ranked teams and getting more bids. For many years the Big East had the best OOC % but power 5 football conference fans would never yield to that and point to championships or teams ranked or accomplished vs. weaker competition, etc. Whatever suited their argument. How is Indiana doing? Is Gonzaga a better program?

Reactions: Villian07
What criteria is used to gauge the best conference? Polls / ranked teams? Lol...OOC %? This is why I'm saying who cares / moral victory. Championships matter and lack of championships are indicative of the strength of a conference over 30 years...Big Ten is more mediocre than great - many good teams but nobody will remember in 20 years how many bids a league got or how that league was ranked during the season but they will see how many championships a team from a league won over any time period. So, kudos for the Big Ten having more ranked teams and getting more bids. For many years the Big East had the best OOC % but power 5 football conference fans would never yield to that and point to championships or teams ranked or accomplished vs. weaker competition, etc. Whatever suited their argument. How is Indiana doing? Is Gonzaga a better program?
tenor.gif

Since 2010, the Big East has been the best conference (only data I can quickly find and aggregate), followed closely by the ACC. 1st in titles (5) and 2nd in OOC win %. ACC is 3rd in win % (.704 vs .705 Big 10) and 2nd it titles with 4 vs Zero for the Big mediocre conference...

Since 2010, the Big East has been the best conference (only data I can quickly find and aggregate), followed closely by the ACC. 1st in titles (5) and 2nd in OOC win %. ACC is 3rd in win % (.704 vs .705 Big 10) and 2nd it titles with 4 vs Zero for the Big mediocre conference...
Exactly what does that have to do with this year?

Does everybody play the same OOC schedule? You might actually be a moron.

TRIGGERED

Reactions: VulvHa
Just so you know---in 2014, UConn was in the AAC---Not the Big East.

Again, none of this is relevant to 2020/21.

Just so you know---in 2014, UConn was in the AAC---Not the Big East.

Again, none of this is relevant to 2020/21.
You're right, my bad overlooking that (though was Calhoun's team but fact is fact)...

If a Big 10 team wins this year, but doubt it, will offer kudos for meeting expectations. Will Iowa be the one to break through and do it??

You're right, my bad overlooking that (though was Calhoun's team but fact is fact)...

If a Big 10 team wins this year, but doubt it, will offer kudos for meeting expectations. Will Iowa be the one to break through and do it??
I doubt Iowa can. Offensively, sure. But they are awful defensively---especially on the perimeter. Not sure it really matters, though. As of now, I don't see anyone beating Gonzaga, or Baylor. BUt if I had to pick a team(frm the Big) it would be Michigan----maaaaaaaybe, Ohio State.

Conference swag is fun. I do think the B10 has had more depth over the years---and the numbers show that. Aside from a few years: Illinois(2005), OSU(2007) and Wisky in 2015---Big 10 just hasn't had that elite team. Some really good teams....But not elite.

Reactions: KrazyKat
Love it...that's the expected response...
Answer the question, dumb dumb. Which is better, to go 10-1 with a OOC SOS of 225 or to go 8-3 with an OOC SOS of 75? Based on your inept logic if an entire conference plays a bunch of jv teams and has a high win % they are better than a conference that actually plays other major conferences.

Answer the question, dumb dumb. Which is better, to go 10-1 with a OOC SOS of 225 or to go 8-3 with an OOC SOS of 75? Based on your inept logic if an entire conference plays a bunch of jv teams and has a high win % they are better than a conference that actually plays other major conferences.
Show the stats that prove that big of a discrepancy among the BE, ACC, SEC, Big 10, Big 12, and even the Pac 12

It doesn’t matter fvck face, that's the point. Teams don’t play the same OOC schedule. Comparing OOC win percentage without taking into account SOS is beyond dumb.
Ooh, big name calling....see the link provided in previous post...have no facts to back anything up, right so resort to childish attacks

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Thank you for giving me a chart that dates back to 1949 and shows the B1G has the hardest SOS since then. You didn’t look at the chart did you?
So what? Moral victory...Big East and others have a higher SRS which accounts for SOS and other factors. Just admit the Big 10 is mediocre with many good teams but not many great ones. And the conference should be since it is comprised of many of the largest universities in the US. Recently in last 10 or 30 years and historically going back to 1950 still mediocre in hoops...Only 10 champs vs 9 for the BE that started in 1980. Show stats that prove otherwise.

Are you aware of the point they're making? It's a legit question.
No, what's the point? The Big Ten has more ranked teams this year? So what is my point...until a team from the conference actually wins a championship they're a bunch of very good teams but none that are elite....what is the chest bumping about that? Give me the ACC, BE, or SEC with teams that actually close the deal.

So what? Moral victory...Big East and others have a higher SRS which accounts for SOS and other factors. Just admit the Big 10 is mediocre with many good teams but not many great ones. And the conference should be since it is comprised of many of the largest universities in the US. Recently in last 10 or 30 years and historically going back to 1950 still mediocre in hoops...Only 10 champs vs 9 for the BE that started in 1980. Show stats that prove otherwise.
So now we’ve come full circle back to championships determine the best conference. So if the Zags win this year the WCC was the best conference, correct?

So now we’ve come full circle back to championships determine the best conference. So if the Zags win this year the WCC was the best conference, correct?
The Zags won't win, if they and Baylor meet in the final. Baylor plays in a tougher conference and is more tested week in and week out and much more athletic. If Baylor gets upset, then maybe the Zags have a chance but I don't think they'll run away with it like 'Nova in '18 and UNC in '09, as their stats indicate their current position to be superior to all other than Baylor. If they do, kudos but would that make the WCC the best conference? No, it would be an outlier as the WCC is never in the top 5 on a consistent basis. There is a pretty clear delineation between the top 5 and other conferences in SOS, SRS, and NCAA Championships. The Big 10 not winning more than once in 30 years suggests current status with more ranked teams will be more of the same. What is Michigan in finals - 1 - 6 and won on a gift call in '89? It is a down year, so anything can happen I guess with UM, OSU, Iowa possibly breaking through based on brackets and results...

The Zags won't win, if they and Baylor meet in the final. Baylor plays in a tougher conference and is more tested week in and week out and much more athletic. If Baylor gets upset, then maybe the Zags have a chance but I don't think they'll run away with it like 'Nova in '18 and UNC in '09, as their stats indicate their current position to be superior to all other than Baylor. If they do, kudos but would that make the WCC the best conference? No, it would be an outlier as the WCC is never in the top 5 on a consistent basis. There is a pretty clear delineation between the top 5 and other conferences in SOS, SRS, and NCAA Championships. The Big 10 not winning more than once in 30 years suggests current status with more ranked teams will be more of the same. What is Michigan in finals - 1 - 6 and won on a gift call in '89? It is a down year, so anything can happen I guess with UM, OSU, Iowa possibly breaking through based on brackets and results...
You're talking out of both sides of your mouth.

ADVERTISEMENT