ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Superiority

The Zags won't win, if they and Baylor meet in the final. Baylor plays in a tougher conference and is more tested week in and week out and much more athletic. If Baylor gets upset, then maybe the Zags have a chance but I don't think they'll run away with it like 'Nova in '18 and UNC in '09, as their stats indicate their current position to be superior to all other than Baylor. If they do, kudos but would that make the WCC the best conference? No, it would be an outlier as the WCC is never in the top 5 on a consistent basis. There is a pretty clear delineation between the top 5 and other conferences in SOS, SRS, and NCAA Championships. The Big 10 not winning more than once in 30 years suggests current status with more ranked teams will be more of the same. What is Michigan in finals - 1 - 6 and won on a gift call in '89? It is a down year, so anything can happen I guess with UM, OSU, Iowa possibly breaking through based on brackets and results...
That wasn’t the question. If they do win it are you going to say the WCC was the best conference?

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
The Zags won't win, if they and Baylor meet in the final. Baylor plays in a tougher conference and is more tested week in and week out and much more athletic. If Baylor gets upset, then maybe the Zags have a chance but I don't think they'll run away with it like 'Nova in '18 and UNC in '09, as their stats indicate their current position to be superior to all other than Baylor. If they do, kudos but would that make the WCC the best conference? No, it would be an outlier as the WCC is never in the top 5 on a consistent basis. There is a pretty clear delineation between the top 5 and other conferences in SOS, SRS, and NCAA Championships. The Big 10 not winning more than once in 30 years suggests current status with more ranked teams will be more of the same. What is Michigan in finals - 1 - 6 and won on a gift call in '89? It is a down year, so anything can happen I guess with UM, OSU, Iowa possibly breaking through based on brackets and results...
Just when I didn't think there was someone dumber than @ExitFlagger on this board, you arrived. Such a blessing.

That wasn’t the question. If they do win it are you going to say the WCC was the best conference?

He answered it, you didn’t read long enough. Said it would be an outlier bc the wcc has never been considered a top 5-6 conference.

We won in 2013 out of the freshly minted AAC, like UConn the next year, but no one was saying the AAC was the best conference those years, or even close to the best.

what’s it matter what conference is the best. Did unc and duke fans jump for joy when uva won it all last tourney???

This reminds me of a .500 sec team chanting s-e-c at a bowl game bc Alabama is awesome.

Reactions: sgrooms
He answered it, you didn’t read long enough. Said it would be an outlier bc the wcc has never been considered a top 5-6 conference.

We won in 2013 out of the freshly minted AAC, like UConn the next year, but no one was saying the AAC was the best conference those years, or even close to the best.

what’s it matter what conference is the best. Did unc and duke fans jump for joy when uva won it all last tourney???

This reminds me of a .500 sec team chanting s-e-c at a bowl game bc Alabama is awesome.
That’s the fallacy in his argument, but he keeps side stepping it. You can’t pick and choose when the champion determines best conference. IDK why you’re making a miserable attempt to white Knight a potato poster.

Reactions: VulvHa
ACC is the best conf year in year out IMO. These #s are garbage lol.

Your team has some real nice wins. Tenn and WVU come to mind. White has done a great job under the circumstances. IMO had Johnson not gone down in our game, uf/FSU would have gone to the wire.

So the Big are the regular season champs as usual huh? Who won their last title? Michigan St in 2000?

National titles only matter when discussing programs like KU. And conference titles only matter when discussing the Lil 10. You know the rules.

Really hope Gonzaga wins it all this year so I can say the WCC was the best conference. Everybody knows Pepperdine would take Kansas behind the woodshed.

Don't think many are backing up that guy's argument, but you'd think that such a top-notch league would at least produce a champ or two in 20 years.

But what's really funny is seeing the likes of Iowa fans downplaying KU's conference streak while bragging about a league that they haven't won since the Bee Gees were at the top of the charts. 🤣

Don't think many are backing up that guy's argument, but you'd think that such a top-notch league would at least produce a champ or two in 20 years.

But what's really funny is seeing the likes of Iowa fans downplaying KU's conference streak while bragging about a league that they haven't won since the Bee Gees were at the top of the charts. 🤣
You would think that watching the last three years of the Chiefs would give you some new found respect on how much luck is involved, and how hard it is to win a single elimination tournament. You have to bring it for 6 straight games, ball bounces the wrong way or a bad call happens at a critical point in 1 game and its adios. B1G has been shut out of winning the title, not getting there or even getting teams to the Final 4.

I shit in your mind. It's my own personal toliet. Laughing

You would think that watching the last three years of the Chiefs would give you some new found respect on how much luck is involved, and how hard it is to win a single elimination tournament. You have to bring it for 6 straight games, ball bounces the wrong way or a bad call happens at a critical point in 1 game and its adios. B1G has been shut out of winning the title, not getting there or even getting teams to the Final 4.

Chiefs had a trash defense in '18 and Bucs had the better overall roster when they met this year.

KU is a better example. Should have about 9 titles.

Your team has some real nice wins. Tenn and WVU come to mind. White has done a great job under the circumstances. IMO had Johnson not gone down in our game, uf/FSU would have gone to the wire.
Meh we would have been pretty good with Johnson, but right now we’re meh. Too Inconsistent.

Reading this thread title, I wanted to bring up how UK has more championships than the others combined. I think KU is the only team that comes close to that.

Conference superiority.

the formula is efficiency of teams projected to go .500 or better so it can change more than usual depending on indiana and maryland.

looking at 2004 ACC they benefited a lot from just using top half of conference

ADVERTISEMENT