ADVERTISEMENT

Conference Superiority

This is the single greatest conference season of all time, second to only the 1989 Big 10 season

In retrospect, it's pretty funny to think about the old arguments against the Big 12, largely from B10 fans.

"Sure, they're #1 on Kenpom and have depth, but they don't have that many final fours and rarely win it all."

Seems like a pretty good description for another league. 🤣

Big Ten actually has a decent shot at wining the title this year. And why wouldn't they? Ohio State and Michigan are projected 1 seeds. And Illinois and others can certainly get in the mix. Here are the odds, if you take the top 40 teams from the BPI.

Odds of winning 2021 NCAA Basketball Championship, by conference:
Big 12: 31.5%
WCC: 24.0%
Big 10: 20.6%
AAC: 6.4%
ACC: 5.6%
Big East: 4.7%
SEC: 3.4%
Pac 12: 1.6%

Yeah and if y'all pick on little UK anymore, someone might start getting pissed. We all look at Uk as our younger sibling that mom made us bring with us.

Seems like Tenn went from undefeated to a 5 loss team in a hurry. Gator loss downward spiral?

Big Ten actually has a decent shot at wining the title this year. And why wouldn't they? Ohio State and Michigan are projected 1 seeds. And Illinois and others can certainly get in the mix. Here are the odds, if you take the top 40 teams from the BPI.

Odds of winning 2021 NCAA Basketball Championship, by conference:
Big 12: 31.5%
WCC: 24.0%
Big 10: 20.6%
AAC: 6.4%
ACC: 5.6%
Big East: 4.7%
SEC: 3.4%
Pac 12: 1.6%
Can't wait to say WCC was the best conference when Gonzaga wins it all this year.

The current Zags team recently surpassed the '15 Kentucky team as the #1 team in KenPom history.

I mean, they are 2-0 against the best team in the ACC. That counts for something, right?
tenor.gif

And they probably root for a team that hasn’t won that conference in over 40 years
Go easy on Iowa. Their fans have had it really tough this year going from national title hopes to the realization that defense does matter.

• Haha
Reactions: duckboy33
Do all of you UK fans agree that the 2015 Duke team was nasty good?

Absolutely. They weren't as good as Kentucky was that year but come tournament time they were a very good team. UK/Wisconson/Duke all were worthy of cutting the nets down. Unfortunately for UK/Wisconsin only one team wins.

Reactions: sgrooms
Hard to rank the big 10 and big 12 when the big 12 only has 10 teams and only 2 are bad. The big 10 has 14 teams and 5 are bad.

Hard to rank the big 10 and big 12 when the big 12 only has 10 teams and only 2 are bad. The big 10 has 14 teams and 5 are bad.

Eh, if TCU isn’t bad for big 12, I wouldn’t say Northwestern or MSU for big ten either

So you're saying there are 9 good teams in the Big Ten and 8 in the Big 12. Seems like simple math to me.

Reactions: bMORE607
Oh def, top 5 conference this season- def not stronger than Big Ten, prob on par with ACC & Big East, but ahead of Pac-12...
Keep telling yourself that Noah if it helps you sleep at night. 😀

So you're saying there are 9 good teams in the Big Ten and 8 in the Big 12. Seems like simple math to me.
He just tried to throw Maryland (35), MSU (69), Penn State(37), NW (72), and Nebraska(118) in with Kansas State(191) and Iowa State(148). Not to mention TCU is sitting at 109 in Kenpom. That post is proof as to why WVU is literally everybody's backup school in the DMV area.

Yeah but the big 12 has 7 teams that have won 13 or more. The big 10 with all those teams only has 6 teams that have won 13 or more games.

SEC only has 2 final four contenders right now-Bama & Vols, and to be fair Della, Vols are not even in the top 4 in SEC standings right now...

Reactions: Crappy Davenpot
True, but remember schedules are not always 100% even between teams to be fair..

That is why it hard and too early to be so sure which conference is actually better. All i know is that the big 10 and big 12 are far better than the rest.

Oh Della, nothing wrong with SEC being a top five conference, just not Big Ten or Big 12 :cool: .
tumblr_mt417btU7f1s3wwu1o1_1280-768x1024.jpg

I can't believe it, but obviously it is true. A B1Ger like yourself has forgotten the reason y'all are at a distinct disadvantage in such a match up. SEC speed...

Reactions: Noahtogo24
ADVERTISEMENT