ADVERTISEMENT

Clown Team '23-'24 Edition

In the 2000s, when I moved to Chicago, I paid for ESPN Full Court so I wouldn't miss Louisville games. I've watched, maybe a dozen games in the past 5 years, been to a few more. I genuinely believe I might not ever give a sh!t about college basketball again. I don't even watch the Final 4 anymore. I have no idea who won the championship the past few years. I think Baylor got one at some point? I miss posting on this board more than I miss college basketball.
You can always root for UK.

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
You can always root for UK.
R0IiplP.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I hear VCU cracks as much as any of them. Obviously not as often as when it happened. People just look at the seed.

But it’s pretty foolish to bring up Wich St. They were top 10ish on Kenpom and the freaking overall #1 seed the year before with a lot of the same players. That’s like making fun of somebody for losing to Houston. 🤣
WSU got beat badly the very next game (ND) and it doesn’t matter what they were the year before. They were missing major contributors off that 34-1 team when KU lost to them the next year. Cleanthony Early was massive the year prior.

Heck, Saint Peters made it to the E8 after beating UK two years ago, but we still get beat over the head with it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
WSU got beat badly the very next game (ND) and it doesn’t matter what they were the year before. They were missing major contributors off that 34-1 team when KU lost to them the next year. Cleanthony Early was massive the year prior.

Heck, Saint Peters made it to the E8 after beating UK two years ago, but we still get beat over the head with it.

They were good. 11th on Kenpom and probably a better team than KU. They lost by 11 to the ND team that almost beat your undefeated Kentucky squad. St Pete lost by 40 to the first team they faced that wasn’t struggling.

Arguing that the overall #1 seed turned to dogshit after losing one player is ridiculous. Imagine if Kentucky gets a 1 seed this year and only loses one of their top players. You’d be printing 40-0 shirts.

From 2013-2017, Wichita won 10 tourney games. Went to the final four. Kentucky's won 1 since 2019. Should we start ridiculing teams that lose to Kentucky?

Again, it’s like laughing at someone for losing to Houston. Such a weird hill to die on.

Just own it. I own the Evansville, St Peters and Robert Morris losses, you don't see me trying to deflect by taking shots at KU.
Haha…one’s not quite like the others.

The lack of respect for Wichita St’s run is pathetic. You guys can’t give credit to anyone else. Or maybe you just don’t follow anything but the SEC. Generally seems that way.

Haha…one’s not quite like the others.

The lack of respect for Wichita St’s run is pathetic. You guys can’t give credit to anyone else. Or maybe you just don’t follow anything but the SEC. Generally seems that way.
Wichita State's great run was the year prior, you're trying to act like they were the same team in 2015, they weren't.

I give Self and KU credit all the time on here, how can you possibly accuse me of the opposite?

Wichita State's great run was the year prior, you're trying to act like they were the same team in 2015, they weren't.

I give Self and KU credit all the time on here, how can you possibly accuse me of the opposite?
They were good for years and won a bunch of tourney games, despite usually getting lower seeds than they deserved, and you try to lump them in with weak nobodies that got lucky in a game or two.

Was Wichita St good for even 5 years? They seemed like a flash in the pan.

They were good for about a decade, and won 10 tourney games in a 5 year stretch. Probably would have been more if they hadn’t been consistently underseeded. Went to the final four as a 9 seed. The 7 seed that beat KU should have been a 2 or 3.

They were good for years and won a bunch of tourney games, despite usually getting lower seeds than they deserved, and you try to lump them in with weak nobodies that got lucky in a game or two.
Yeah, but what's the difference, y'all lost to a mid major, that’s what gets thrown at UK fans when it comes to the Saint Peters loss. SP went to the E8 that year. But that doesn't seem to matter.

• Haha
Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Yeah, but what's the difference, y'all lost to a mid major, that’s what gets thrown at UK fans when it comes to the Saint Peters loss. SP went to the E8 that year. But that doesn't seem to matter.

What’s the difference? LOL. Nobody had even heard of St Peter’s and they’d had a terrible season before beating a few slumping teams and another midmajor. Trying to use revisionism to spin that as a good team is funny.

That Wichita team was probably better than any Kentucky team in the last several years. But sure…embarrassing loss.

What’s the difference? LOL. Nobody had even heard of St Peter’s and they’d had a terrible season before beating a few slumping teams and another midmajor. Trying to use revisionism to spin that as a good team is funny.

That Wichita team was probably better than any Kentucky team in the last several years. But sure…embarrassing loss.
Well, this is awkward, considering UK beat the best team Wichita State ever had the the year prior AND beat Notre Dame in 2015 after the thumped WSU, so what you say here is just wrong.

UK lost to Saint Peters, they went to the E8.
UK lost to Kansas State, they too, went to the E8.
UK lost to Auburn, Auburn went to the FF. That same Auburn team beat KU and uNC.

You have no argument here.

Well, this is awkward, considering UK beat the best team Wichita State ever had the the year prior AND beat Notre Dame in 2015 after the thumped WSU, so what you say here is just wrong.

LOL. Those Kentucky teams were also way better than any recent Kentucky teams, so I’m not sure what your point is.

UK lost to Saint Peters, they went to the E8.
UK lost to Kansas State, they too, went to the E8.
UK lost to Auburn, Auburn went to the FF. That same Auburn team beat KU and uNC.

You have no argument here.
No argument? My argument is pretty simple. Wichita was a good team. Not sure what any of this has to do with that fact.

LOL. Those Kentucky teams were also way better than any recent Kentucky teams, so I’m not sure what your point is.

No argument? My argument is pretty simple. Wichita was a good team. Not sure what any of this has to do with that fact.
I'm just playing by your rules. Everything KU does is great and everything UK does is sub par. But when KU falls on its face, somehow, they're still superior in your mind.

It’s weird, wasn't it just 2 years ago that UK pushed KU's stool in on your home court? Same team blasted UT by 30 and uNC by 29. But because Tyty and Kellan Grady were hobbled and they lost to an eventual E8 team, that means they suck??? Unless your definition of "recent" is a maximum of one year ago.

I'm just playing by your rules. Everything KU does is great and everything UK does is sub par. But when KU falls on its face, somehow, they're still superior in your mind.

It’s weird, wasn't it just 2 years ago that UK pushed KU's stool in on your home court? Same team blasted UT by 30 and uNC by 29. But because Tyty and Kellan Grady were hobbled and they lost to an eventual E8 team, that means they suck??? Unless your definition of "recent" is a maximum of one year ago.

Not even sure what you’re crying about. I commented that people still bring up VCU and that 2015 Wichita St was a pretty good team. Sorry that this triggered your persecution complex for some reason.

KU wasn’t healthy in that Wichita St game either. Notice I didn’t mention that as an excuse. They were w/out Embiid, Azubuike, Simien etc in other tourney losses. I don’t remember the haters mentioning that as a mitigating factor.

I don’t hide from the fact that Bucknell sucked. You can’t admit that St Peter’s was a shitty team that Kentucky put on the map? LOL. Weak shit.

Not even sure what you’re crying about. I commented that people still bring up VCU and that 2015 Wichita St was a pretty good team. Sorry that this triggered your persecution complex for some reason.

KU wasn’t healthy in that Wichita St game either. Notice I didn’t mention that as an excuse. They were w/out Embiid, Azubuike, Simien etc in other tourney losses. I don’t remember the haters mentioning that as a mitigating factor.

I don’t hide from the fact that Bucknell sucked. You can’t admit that St Peter’s was a shitty team that Kentucky put on the map? LOL. Weak shit.
You would have a point if UK was the only tem they beat and since they made the Elite 8, you have no point.

St Peters was not a good team. They beat a mid major and Purdue after Kentucky then got stomped by UNC.

You guys can keep trying to put lipstick on that pig, but it’s still a pig.

St Peters was not a good team. They beat a mid major and Purdue after Kentucky then got stomped by UNC.

And if Davis gets injured you guys can hang it up. We relied on too few players. Same as your team this year. St Peters caught us at the right time.

And if Davis gets injured you guys can hang it up. We relied on too few players. Same as your team this year. St Peters caught us at the right time.
No argument from me on Davis. Dude is a warrior, and unless other guys step up there’s only so far we can go.

But maybe I’m missing something. You guys weren’t missing your best player when you played the peacocks. I’d hope that if Davis showed up we’d be able to beat a 15 seed even if some others disappeared.

Edit to add: it’s not a big deal. All our teams had some sort of choke job if you go back far enough. It happens. I just don’t get trying to justify it because they didn’t lose to a mid major the next round then beat a program that has a recent history of several March blunders.

Reactions: ExitFlagger

I'm not putting lipstick on a pig, I'm making a comparison.

Is this still the clown team thread?
Notre Dame managed to get blown out by 20 points by the citadel.
UCLA loses at home to the Cal State Northridge matadors 😂

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
IU....

Single digit wins, AT HOME, versus the likes of...……...

Army(72-64)
Wright State(89-80)
FGCU(69-62)

And now...……….Mighty Morehead State. Surviving last second shot to win , 69-68.

Just woooooooooooooooooooof.

Nova gets the OT win over Creighton in Omaha after trailing by 14 in the 2nd half.

Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here.

Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here. Please let Kentucky be here.
Dude, knock that shit off.
We already had our shit-the-bed game, it's Purdue's turn.

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
Dude, knock that shit off.
We already had our shit-the-bed game, it's Purdue's turn.
Nothing malicious there. I just love seeing big upsets and the effect it can have....when Purdue isn't the victim.

Yah, but it’s someone elses turn.

Can't be losing to this UL team. Nooo way.

a0e190f1-4d8d-43cf-8edc-559a9d7dba98_text.gif

ADVERTISEMENT