ADVERTISEMENT

Clown Team '23-'24 Edition

Notre Dame just kicked Virginia’s teeth in 76 - 54. I guess Louisville will be rock bottom of the ACC again.

• Wow
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
FAU, a week after beating Arizona to climb to their highest ranking ever, just lost to the artist formerly known as Dunk City.
I have been very busy with games, lately----Two on Wed and Thursday. Game last night, and then this afternoon. Apparently I have missed a lot...

FAU lost to FGCU?

Woof.

ND beat UVA by 22?---Da ****?

Lipscomb won at FSU?---Sheesh.

I guees one silver lining with IU----although we have struggled with some shit teams, well we at least found a way to win.

KU tonight was a clown team. One of the most pathetic performances I’ve seen from a KU team and one of the worst coaching performances I’ve ever seen from Self. He got outcoached by a good mile by Dawkins. He had no answer for anything.

KU tonight was a clown team. One of the most pathetic performances I’ve seen from a KU team and one of the worst coaching performances I’ve ever seen from Self. He got outcoached by a good mile by Dawkins. He had no answer for anything.
UCF runs the Big 12. Not a good week to be in the top 5.

UCF runs the Big 12. Not a good week to be in the top 5.

Nebraska played out of their minds. Houston facing their first road game in one of the toughest places to play in B12.

KU has no excuse. UCF didn’t even play good at all. KU just sucked bad tonight. Their shit play the last month finally caught up to them. Sad thing is I don’t see them really improving much.

Nebraska played out of their minds. Houston facing their first road game in one of the toughest places to play in B12.

KU has no excuse. UCF didn’t even play good at all. KU just sucked bad tonight. Their shit play the last month finally caught up to them. Sad thing is I don’t see them really improving much.
Purdue ✅
Houston ✅
Kansas ✅
UConn
Tennessee ✅

Xavier needs to do the Lord's work.

Life on the road.

Definitely not the win UK fans thought it would be...but all I know is that the ACC blows chunks. Clemson got hammered at VA Tech as well.
They did pretty well against the SEC in the challenge, but some of that can come down to matchups. The conference is definitely down with some very bad teams at the bottom. I think it’s pretty good at the top, but the middle also seems a little softer than it usually is.

Reactions: mcnicKY91
419018282-10169282190080151-1868006654426608601-n.jpg

Screenshot-2024-01-11-021437.png

Kill me now 🤦🏾‍♂️

Season is officially over. Just an unbelievably bad loss
Not trying to make you feel worse, but that was the first road win we’ve had since before Mack quit midseason two years ago. I am pretty sure it was 22 straight road losses……

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Not trying to make you feel worse, but that was the first road win we’ve had since before Mack quit midseason two years ago. I am pretty sure it was 22 straight road losses……

January of 2022 right? Two calendar years 😫

But congrats to your Cards man. They played well in the second half and outplayed Miami when it mattered most. Miami went up 55-46 with a little over 14 mins left and I thought that might be the point Miami started to pull away. Instead UL outscored Miami 34-16 from that point on 🤮

Miami was just awful in so many areas...

- Ten turnovers in the first half on your homecourt is unacceptable. They led to 17 UL points.
- Miami is one of the best FT shooting teams in the country at like 79-80% as a team and they shot 8-15 last night
- Miami is also one of the best 3pt shooting teams and they went 11-34. That isn't terrible but the worst part about it is that they settled for so many of them. Didn't move the ball at all on many possessions, especially late in the game. The guards/wings didn't try to get into the paint nearly enough.
- Huntley-Hatfield killed Omier all night. Coach L never sent a second defender at any point to get the ball out of his hands.
- Miami's guards were getting blown by most of the game. They could not keep Louisville's guards in front of them. They were able to break down the defense way too much and get shots at the rim or good looks from outside off penetration.

I could go on and on but I'll stop there lol

Who TF makes the tournament from the ACC? Is it crazy to think it could be just UNC and Duke??

A minimum of 3 teams. Maximum of 5 (assuming someone like Pitt doesn't win the ACCT).

As of right now, ACC has 3 teams that are easily in the field. UNC and Duke, absolutely. But, also Clemson. They had one of the better OOC resumes in the country going 11-1 with wins over Alabama, TCU, Boise State, and South Carolina. They should be fine, just need to avoid bad losses. None of their 3 early ACC losses are bad. UNC and road games against Virginia Tech and Miami. Those are all Quad 1 games.

After that, it might be a race for which ACC team can pick up the most wins (with a special emphasis on Q1 wins), and simultaneously avoid bad losses. Miami, Virginia, Wake Forest, and NC State are the strongest candidates. FSU is picking up steam lately, too. I'd say we get 4 teams - ceiling might be 5. Here's what the seedlines look like on bracketmatrix:

2- UNC
3- Clemson
4- Duke
9- Miami

First Four Out: Wake Forest, Virginia
Next Four Out: NC State

I think Clemson is going to continue to fall. They appear to be fading. I see them as a 5 or 6 seed, maybe worse.
The ACC being down, will help hide them a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT