ADVERTISEMENT

Chet Holmgren

An All American and the number 1 overall recruit versus a 7/4 guy and the number 3 overall recruit.

Seems like there is a clear winner here.
Try the projected #1 draft pick next year and a freshman who averaged 16 points, 7 boards, 2 blocks and 1.4 steals on 72% shooting in an average of 28 mins in the 7 games he actually played over 20 mins to end the season.

Mark Williams barely even played most of the year. I don’t expect you to know any of this since Duke was completely irrelevant this year.

All I’m saying is we had a freshman big who barely played to start but looked like a monster in the last month of the season.

Also, there’s not always a huge difference between the top few picks in a recruiting class. Givony actually has Paolo #1 in the 2022 NBA draft.

I think both Chet and Paolo will be studs.

Reactions: MGC_07
But for reals, kind of embarrassing to compare our guys to Gonzaga. We didn't even make the freaking tournament. I think our frontcourt will be top 5 next year, but still a big gap between Banchero/Williams and Holmgren/Timme.
You of all people know that’s completely irrelevant. We didn’t make the tournament because we lost a ton of games to start the conference season, all of which Mark Williams didn’t even play in. Also, the top 3 recruit I’m referring to wasn’t even on our squad.

Chet and Paolo are washes. Williams and Timme are different types of players; Mark is way better defensively and Timme is a virtuoso offensively in the post.

Mark is the better pro talent though so it’s fair to expect greater improvement from him than Timme, especially offensively.

I’d give the Zags the edge though to start the year because Timme has “proven it”but there isn’t a “big gap” between our frontcourts.

I was curious how that compared to UC Berkeley (known for its high concentration of Asians). UCB is 25% white and 35% Asian. I wonder if that's the highest in the U.S.

Mark Few has arrived! It took them a while to truly be elite, but now they are getting guys like Jalen Suggs, Chet Holmgren and Hunter Sallis who could have played everywhere. They have to be the favorites to win it all next year.

Reactions: bignish
His name is Chet. He couldn't be more white if he popped his polo collar, had a nautica belt and went to Duke.
Having the name Chet wouldn't indicate he was white. Chet Walker was black, and before he was famous for date rape drugs, Bill Cosby played a coach having the name of Chet Kincaid.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Ha. Speaking of people we know, I’m actually friends w Willie Coleman. He was pretty good for a minute.
Chet made the first "slam dunk" ever seen at Benton Harbor in the Armory. GREAT kid, played FB his Junior year at Left End next to me. In A 3point stance, reminded me of a grasshopper! LOL

ADVERTISEMENT