ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get an apology from everyone who doubted the Big Ten?

I'm talking about championships from the 40's. Btw, you don't have any championships from the 60's. Those belong to UCLA.
So you're talking about UK fans bragging about having 8 titles? But you said wins from 70 years ago.

That's my question though. Are UK fans bragging about wins from 70 years ago or titles? There's a difference.

If Duke won titles in the 40's, you wouldn't add those titles to the ones from the 90's and 2000's? Or would you just say Duke has 5?

So tell us how you want us to act. I'm confused here. UK fans bragging about titles and all time wins, I've seen that, but I don't recall seeing anyone brag about specific wins.

Do you agree that UK was punished for their transgressions back then?

So you're talking about UK fans bragging about having 8 titles? But you said wins from 70 years ago.

That's my question though. Are UK fans bragging about wins from 70 years ago or titles? There's a difference.

If Duke won titles in the 40's, you wouldn't add those titles to the ones from the 90's and 2000's? Or would you just say Duke has 5?

So tell us how you want us to act. I'm confused here. UK fans bragging about titles and all time wins, I've seen that, but I don't recall seeing anyone brag about specific wins.

Do you agree that UK was punished for their transgressions back then?

You know that a title is a win, right? Don't get upset with me because you don't know what decade your championships are from.

You know that a title is a win, right? Don't get upset with me because you don't know what decade your championships are from.
Come on man, there is a difference between a guy bragging about wins from the 40's and a guy bragging about a title. You're trying to make it seem like UK fans are bragging about regular season wins over someone.

But who wouldn't brag about titles from the 40's? Again, if Duke won 2 titles in the 40's, would you say Duke has 5 or 7 titles?

Also, what fan WANTS to talk about transgressions from 70 years ago when 99% of us weren't even born yet?

It's not like UK fans deny it happened, we just don't know all the facts about it and honestly, I can't say as though I've really seen those scandals talked about on here.

I feel like you're another guy just trying to take a shot at UK fans.

We do enough crazy shit on here, you don't need to make shit up, just be patient.

Funny that Kentucky fans love to talk about their wins 70+ years ago, but when you bring up scandals during that time frame they say those are in the past.
Well, Kentucky does NOT claim Helms titles, even tho we have some of those as well. What say you?

Come on man, there is a difference between a guy bragging about wins from the 40's and a guy bragging about a title. You're trying to make it seem like UK fans are bragging about regular season wins over someone.

But who wouldn't brag about titles from the 40's? Again, if Duke won 2 titles in the 40's, would you say Duke has 5 or 7 titles?

Also, what fan WANTS to talk about transgressions from 70 years ago when 99% of us weren't even born yet?

It's not like UK fans deny it happened, we just don't know all the facts about it and honestly, I can't say as though I've really seen those scandals talked about on here.

I feel like you're another guy just trying to take a shot at UK fans.

We do enough crazy shit on here, you don't need to make shit up, just be patient.

Make shit up? What did I make up? And I'm not just talking about wins. I'm talking about just last week seeing Bert brag about the 1948 title and watching it again. I'm not saying he can't do that. But how is that OK, but its not OK for others to talk about scandals that happened more recently? All I pointed out was the inconsistency there.

giphy.gif

Make shit up? What did I make up? And I'm not just talking about wins. I'm talking about just last week seeing Bert brag about the 1948 title and watching it again. I'm not saying he can't do that. But how is that OK, but its not OK for others to talk about scandals that happened more recently? All I pointed out was the inconsistency there.
There's no inconsistency man, what do you want to talk about? Ask away.

What scandal do you want to talk about? I'll be more than happy to tell you what I know. I won't deny the scandals happened, but I'll also say I don't know much about whatever happened. Hell, my parents weren't even born yet.

Helms titles are literally only brought up by Kentucky fans on this board. Some of you guys obviously care a whole lot more about them than the average KU or UNC fan.

.....not literally. It usually comes up during arguments w/certain UNC fans trying to claim equal status with UK in overall success.

There's no inconsistency man, what do you want to talk about? Ask away.

What scandal do you want to talk about? I'll be more than happy to tell you what I know. I won't deny the scandals happened, but I'll also say I don't know much about whatever happened. Hell, my parents weren't even born yet.

Now you're just rambling on. I haven't discussed specific scandals. But when someone else brings them up, they shouldn't be dismissed just because "its in the past." Especially if titles twice as old can be brought up less than a week ago.

.....not literally. It usually comes up during arguments w/certain UNC fans trying to claim equal status with UK in overall success.
Kentucky is better all time but North Carolina definitely has better results during my lifetime (1979) and probably better results going back 50-60 years. At worst they are equals at the top of the sport right now along with Duke.

Now you're just rambling on. I haven't discussed specific scandals. But when someone else brings them up, they shouldn't be dismissed just because "its in the past." Especially if titles twice as old can be brought up less than a week ago.
I'm not just rambling. I just don't think your accusations are valid. It was kind of a weird accusation tbh.

I mean, Duke fans don't like to talk about the Lance Thomas stuff, but they'll tell you they won 5 titles. Does that make them ridiculous?

It's just a weird thing to say, but I'll be more than happy to discuss what happened in the 40's if you just tell me what needs to be talked about.

Kentucky is better all time but North Carolina definitely has better results during my lifetime (1979) and probably better results going back 50-60 years. At worst they are equals at the top of the sport right now along with Duke.

The Sporting News says otherwise.

I'm not just rambling. I just don't think your accusations are valid. It was kind of a weird accusation tbh.

I mean, Duke fans don't like to talk about the Lance Thomas stuff, but they'll tell you they won 5 titles. Does that make them ridiculous?

It's just a weird thing to say, but I'll be more than happy to discuss what happened in the 40's if you just tell me what needs to be talked about.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to talk about it. Let's try this again. A Kentucky fan brings up a title from 70+ years ago. A few days later, a non-Kentucky fan brings up a more recent scandal, and a Kentucky fan tells him that's in the past. If you don't see the inconsistency there, I can't help you. Maybe just go back to talking about contenders vs true contenders.

ALL TIME is ALL TIME.

...only those with weak/loser arguments cherry pick timeframes.
I understand what all time is. Just saying that some programs have been better in the majority of people’s lifetimes that are around today. People like to overvalue what’s happened recently so I understand why some believe UNC is on par all time with Kentucky. They’ve just been a little better for the last half century.

It has nothing to do with not wanting to talk about it. Let's try this again. A Kentucky fan brings up a title from 70+ years ago. A few days later, a non-Kentucky fan brings up a more recent scandal, and a Kentucky fan tells him that's in the past. If you don't see the inconsistency there, I can't help you. Maybe just go back to talking about contenders vs true contenders.
Yup, it's only UK fans that do shit like that. No other fanbase does it.

Just like UK fans are the only ones that complain about officiating. Guess we're supposed to ignore it when everyone else does it.

Reactions: kl40504
Yup, it's only UK fans that do shit like that. No other fanbase does it.

Just like UK fans are the only ones that complain about officiating. Guess we're supposed to ignore it when everyone else does it.

Nope, feel free to call them out. Just like I did to Kentucky fans.

I want to make this a safe space.

A lot of SEC/ACC fans in particular have said a lot of dumb shit about the Big Ten lately.

Well now is the time to eat your crow but we will be kind to you.

A quick word of advice before we begin: It is better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are stupid rather than opening your mouth and confirming those thoughts.

Okay go.
IU winning the NIT is a big get for the BIG 10.

Nope, feel free to call them out. Just like I did to Kentucky fans.
Nah, I just think it's funny how everyone does it, but UK fans are the only ones taking the heat.

So I started doing some reading on the point shaving scandal from the 40's, but damn, it's so boring that I almost fell asleep. I'll have to get back to you on that. I want to make sure it's noted that we are okay talking about it.

So far, it looks like it was a few players that were trying to make a few extra bucks. Sounds awful.

Reactions: kl40504
Nah, I just think it's funny how everyone does it, but UK fans are the only ones taking the heat.

So I started doing some reading on the point shaving scandal from the 40's, but damn, it's so boring that I almost fell asleep. I'll have to get back to you on that. I want to make sure it's noted that we are okay talking about it.

So far, it looks like it was a few players that were trying to make a few extra bucks. Sounds awful.
So recent. Can't remember. Maybe because it was before I was born.

Reactions: kyjeff1
So you take a comment that says top to bottom and only look at the very top.

There goes any resemblance to reading comprehension.

...only the very top matters, and the Big10 ain't there, no matter how much you keep pumping it like it's your boyfriend.

Oh you poor child. Your lack of perspective is astonishing

....go run your ****gy yapper about the Big10 somewhere else. The hairless nuts are gone from the tourney anyway. No need for your endless, boring drivel. Your posts are as boring as Big 10 hoops.

....go run your ****gy yapper about the Big10 somewhere else. The hairless nuts are gone from the tourney anyway. No need for your endless, boring drivel. Your posts are as boring as Big 10 hoops.

A Kentucky fan that is a bigot? What a shocker lmao

You disgrace your family and everyone that associates with your school.

Good job

A Kentucky fan that is a bigot? What a shocker lmao

You disgrace your family and everyone that associates with your school.

Good job

....mild stuff compared to things normally said here. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, Sally.

....mild stuff compared to things normally said here. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen, Sally.

Large difference between giving heat and exposing that you are bigot.

Guess which you just did?

But again, no surprise coming from a Kentucky/sec fan. Par for the course some might say

Large difference between giving heat and exposing that you are bigot.

Guess which you just did?

But again, no surprise coming from a Kentucky/sec fan. Par for the course some might say

Go gargle with some bleach, clown. Your act is as tired as it gets.

Whatever scandal you referring to, we paid the price for it, unlike another school located in Cheater Hill.

ADVERTISEMENT