ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain the Memphis Tiger fanbase to me?...

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
They seem to be as cocky as Kentucky fans without the trophy case? What exactly do they have to be arrogant about?

I'd live in Memphis over some boring ass suburb any day. Pretty awesome place for a fan of music history, actually.

Ummm a city about 3 hours away from Memphis is called “music city”. I happen to live there and it pretty much destroys everything in Memphis

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
No thanks. Memphis is the real deal. Beale St. Birthplace of rock and blues. Sun Records. Stax. Graceland.

Not interested in Billy Ray Cyrus.
Blues and Rock > Country. Also, Memphis chicken and bbq > Nashville food. I'll give them hot wings, but rest belongs to Memphis. I'll just leave it at that.

As far as your OT, OP. They have a strong history here with basketball, it just hasn't translated in to "trophy case". But, yeah, for a few years, I was the most unpopular guy at work. Pretty sure a guy was ready to fight me for saying "he took the better job".

Remind you of anybody???Laughing
giphy.gif

Blues and Rock > Country. Also, Memphis chicken and bbq > Nashville food. I'll give them hot wings, but rest belongs to Memphis. I'll just leave it at that.

As far as your OT, OP. They have a strong history here with basketball, it just hasn't translated in to "trophy case". But, yeah, for a few years, I was the most unpopular guy at work. Pretty sure a guy was ready to fight me for saying "he took the better job".

Love me some Johnny Cash though.

Oh, that's right...he began his recording career in Memphis too.

Stop trying to church it up, Joe Dirte. Memphis is a ghetto shithole. :D

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I don't need to sell Memphis unprovoked. It's not for everyone. Ppl who live here love it, lots of money, lots of stuff to do, and lots of great ppl. Yeah, it has some hickeys, but again when compared to Nashville, Memphians think N'villians are spoiled softies, and Knoxville are country bumpkins.

Everyone has their perceptions of other cities in the states. Nashville reminds me of the far east "white flight" suburbs.

Again why is Nashville growing in droves and Memphis is dying? The place sucks. Beale street is one of the most overrated places America. Just pick any Two bars on broadway during normal times and basically have same the amount of people the entire Beale street has. Nashville completely shits on Memphis for jobs now as well.

I don't need to sell Memphis unprovoked. It's not for everyone. Ppl who live here love it, lots of money, lots of stuff to do, and lots of great ppl. Yeah, it has some hickeys, but again when compared to Nashville, Memphians think N'villians are spoiled softies, and Knoxville are country bumpkins.

Everyone has their perceptions of other cities in the states. Nashville reminds me of the far east "white flight" suburbs.

these people that live in Memphis love it huh? Guarantee someone you know form there has moved to Nashville in the last month. Another person you know will be moving there this summer. Nashville is becoming a world wide destination a lot while Memphis is an after thought

Again why is Nashville growing in droves and Memphis is dying? The place sucks. Beale street is one of the most overrated places America. Just pick any Two bars on broadway during normal times and basically have same the amount of people the entire Beale street has. Nashville completely shits on Memphis for jobs now as well.
Mempis is dying. Since Mayor King Willie, Memphis is on a rebound.

I can't believe you feel inferiour enought to Memphis to have to sell Nashville, but you do sell Auburn to UK fans.

I can't believe you feel inferiour enought to Memphis to have to sell Nashville, but you do sell Auburn to UK fans.

Nashville doesn’t really have to be sold at this point. I also don’t “sell” auburn to anyone. I state facts and facts only. That rustles the bbn however though on here

Nashville doesn’t really have to be sold at this point. I also don’t “sell” auburn to anyone. I state facts and facts only. That rustles the bbn however though on here
Auburn national champs isn't selling and only facts?

You really don't have a grasp on BBNs line of thinking. You're just talking out of your ass.

Auburn national champs isn't selling and only facts?

You really don't have a grasp on BBNs line of thinking. You're just talking out of your ass.

Can you factually dispute that auburn isn’t the 2019-2020 national champs?

Last thing I need to say here, is when did a Memphis guy start a thread about Auburn.

You're an AU Hoosier and starting threads about Memphis and UK.

Last thing I need to say here, is when did a Memphis guy start a thread about Auburn.

You're an AU Hoosier and starting threads about Memphis and UK.

I have been listening to Memphis fans gloat all week.

also starting Uk threads is one of the most entertaining things on this board. I don’t even really need bait for it

Reactions: Random UK Fan
ADVERTISEMENT