ADVERTISEMENT

Can someone explain the Memphis Tiger fanbase to me?...

yes. Being proud of stalking all journalist that dont completely suck Off UK is definitely something to be proud of

So is:
  • Being #1 in all-time WINS
  • 8 National Championships
  • 49 SEC Titles
…… I could go on, but don't want to spend that kinda time on you.

So is:
  • Being #1 in all-time WINS
  • 8 National Championships
  • 49 SEC Titles
…… I could go on, but don't want to spend that kinda time on you.

And yet your football program. An historic bottom feeder of the sec makes more than your basketball
Program. The UK athletic department should thank the football powers in the SEC for the nice undeserved payout each year.

It wouldn’t have mattered if they beat jazz. He still wasn’t winning a title. The MJ effect

What about the Bill Russell effect?
You did say Wilt didn't play anyone

But you now are saying that an alpha can carry a team...

Barkley is a great player and great announcer and does a lot for Auburn.
But even then Auburn is still a football school.

Kansas, Kentucky and UNC.

This is their thing. You should understand with Indiana in your name as well.

What about the Bill Russell effect?
You did say Wilt didn't play anyone

But you now are saying that an alpha can carry a team...

Barkley is a great player and great announcer and does a lot for Auburn.
But even then Auburn is still a football school.

Kansas, Kentucky and UNC.

This is their thing. You should understand with Indiana in your name as well.

I didn’t ever claim auburn was on that level with those 3. I specifically responded to a point that we weren’t ever talked about. That was a factually incorrect statement as I pointed out

JFC these threads are a chore to read.

Someone call OPs mom and let her know her son is refusing his meds again.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
JFC these threads are a chore to read.

Someone call OPs mom and let her know her son is refusing his meds again.

The comebacks on this board are literally as weak as it gets. Step up your game. This is terrible

And yet your football program. An historic bottom feeder of the sec makes more than your basketball
Program. The UK athletic department should thank the football powers in the SEC for the nice undeserved payout each year.

Dunce cap fits you well. Football makes more money in general. Look no further than seating capacity in football stadiums. Good grief.

Dunce cap fits you well. Football makes more money in general. Look no further than seating capacity in football stadiums. Good grief.
Football is not making more money do to seating the stadiums. Football also plays about a third of the home games as basketball.

Conferences do get money from the ncaa tourney.

Only a small part.
Works both ways. It allows the NCAA to host tournaments in the non revenue sports.

But ultimately they get the majority of that money
Schools sued in the early 1980's and were given their TV rights in football
Before the 1980's I am not sure what brought in more money
Since the late 1980s the difference is huge.

NCAA makes zero dollars from football
Makes 200+ million in basketball

Only a small part.
Works both ways. It allows the NCAA to host tournaments in the non revenue sports.

But ultimately they get the majority of that money
Schools sued in the early 1980's and were given their TV rights in football
Before the 1980's I am not sure what brought in more money
Since the late 1980s the difference is huge.

NCAA makes zero dollars from football
Makes 200+ million in basketball

I agree with this. Football even with the ncaa getting a cut would still make more money though. It’s the far more popular sport

I agree with this. Football even with the ncaa getting a cut would still make more money though. It’s the far more popular sport

The difference is in the regular season.
Conferences own the TV rights in both but one makes all the money and the other doesn't.
If the NCAA didn't exist and we just have the P5 or even the P4 all that money can go to the conferences and therefore the schools

Kansas, Louisville and any other school under the gun from the NCAA in basketball should threaten this.

The difference is in the regular season.
Conferences own the TV rights in both but one makes all the money and the other doesn't.
If the NCAA didn't exist and we just have the P5 or even the P4 all that money can go to the conferences and therefore the schools

Kansas, Louisville and any other school under the gun from the NCAA in basketball should threaten this.

I have always said at some point that the power 5 schools are going to leave the ncaa. They really have zero need for the ncaa.

the government is probably the only thing preventing them leaving.

The comebacks on this board are literally as weak as it gets. Step up your game. This is terrible

Not a “comeback”, bubby. You’ve posted about 10K words of unintelligible drivel in this thread and you’re trolling a dozen people into trying to make sense of any of it.

Not a “comeback”, bubby. You’ve posted about 10K words of unintelligible drivel in this thread and you’re trolling a dozen people into trying to make sense of any of it.

I am just stating facts bro. On the trolling aspect. You can hate the game all you want.

Still laughing at the Barkley>Wilt take.

Better at what? Being fat and undersized?

wilt dominated against inferior competition. Really not a debate

Yeah it is. You cherry picking eras on how certain players would do is laughable. Like players can choose what era they can play in. Barkley was good but he's not better than Wilt, Kareem, Shaq etc. Auburn has no basketball history and with one notable alumn that should be proof enough.

Yeah it is. You cherry picking eras on how certain players would do is laughable. Like players can choose what era they can play in. Barkley was good but he's not better than Wilt, Kareem, Shaq etc. Auburn has no basketball history and with one notable alumn that should be proof enough.

wilt is overrated

Chuck Person had a decent career. Before Reggie he was the main scorer on the Pacers.
Can't really remember anyone else off the top of my head.

I’d be willing to bet that Memphis State has more basketball history than Auburn. Just a hunch.

They are the team who fate took away their NC before the NCAA could.
They ran Texas off the court in that Elite 8. Plus that game was in Houston.

Auburn got by on luck in their recent run.
Memphis was just an elite team. That KU team was really the first that heart checked them in the tournament

They are the team who fate took away their NC before the NCAA could.
They ran Texas off the court in that Elite 8. Plus that game was in Houston.

Auburn got by on luck in their recent run.
Memphis was just an elite team. That KU team was really the first that heart checked them in the tournament

got by on luck? LOL. We basically went through the hardest path to the final 4 in history. Who else has had to beat Kansas, unc, and UK in a row to get to the final 4? The top 3 in wins all time. The Kansas and unc games were also blow outs. Gtfo with that bs.

bullshit. No one gets more triggered than the UK fanbase if you make any post that doesn’t completely suck UK off. You fanbase is by far the most sensitive entire country. Ask any sports journalist in America
Can you type this again, I'm almost there.

got by on luck? LOL. We basically went through the hardest path to the final 4 in history. Who else has had to beat Kansas, unc, and UK in a row to get to the final 4? The top 3 in wins all time. The Kansas and unc games were also blow outs. Gtfo with that bs.

You are the one comparing yourself to Memphis...

They care about basketball. Memphis is a basketball city.
This has been the case since before I remember.

Because you are pretty much disrespecting them on here I am going to do the same to Auburn.

If Auburn can reach the level of Memphis I will give them credit.
Once Auburn starts losing again people will go back to football. Memphis B Ball fans stick with their team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT