ADVERTISEMENT

Boozer Twins Announcing Today

dukedevilz

Apr 3, 2002
Been waiting for this one a while. There has been some apprehension among the Duke faithful that he could end up at Miami. I've heard their mom was especially pushing for this. But at the end of the day, this is what I'm expecting...

image0.jpg

• Love
Reactions: bullcity gamer
Feels like more of a relief than a victory. Between them, Bronny James, and Kiyan Anthony I’m feeling older by the minute.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Feels like more of a relief than a victory. Between them, Bronny James, and Kiyan Anthony I’m feeling older by the minute.

Relief seems like an appropriate word. If you're named after Cameron Indoor Stadium, and if your father is a Duke legend, you'd think coming to Duke was a given. Despite all of that, it genuinely seemed like Miami was the leader for a good chunk of this race. I started to feel better when I realized we weren't actively recruiting that many people very hard. Scheyer would have casted a much bigger net if he was overly concerned about signing the twins, IMO.

Crazy how many insiders were like ‘Listen, this was the hometown team, Miami, until just recently…”. Miami must have a TON of cash.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Crazy how many insiders were like ‘Listen, this was the hometown team, Miami, until just recently…”. Miami must have a TON of cash.

Yes! Lots of people were saying Miami for a considerable portion of this recruitment. And they certainly do have a sizeable NIL collective. They can compete with blue bloods for players.

Been waiting for this one a while. There has been some apprehension among the Duke faithful that he could end up at Miami. I've heard their mom was especially pushing for this. But at the end of the day, this is what I'm expecting...

image0.jpg

You heard the mom was pushing for Miami?

I'm disappointed but I never really thought Miami would land them. Just too much to overcome. Now I just wonder how much of a chance Miami really ever had.

You heard the mom was pushing for Miami?

I'm disappointed but I never really thought Miami would land them. Just too much to overcome. Now I just wonder how much of a chance Miami really ever had.

Yes. I heard that multiple times. The concern from Duke fans was the mom might be more persuasive with pointing the twins to Miami than Carlos was at pointing them to Duke. And Miami has snagged some major talent in recent years, too. It felt like a real fight.

I never really heard it was anyone other than Duke but that could just be me remembering things through my perception of what I personally thought would happen.

They absolutely do. Much of it Ponzi scheme cash, but hey that’s Miami for you. The Canes can buy anyone they want and the admin wants to spend it on hoops too.

Let's ask the expert.

@Afamu
Short one is #21 ranked player.

Glad to have them, but to be honest, doesnt faze me anymore.

Until they figure out the best mix, I enjoy the games, but I have no expectations.

Always seems to be a piece missing with Duke every year. Great front court, shitty backcourt and visa versa.

With all the transfering and NIL money, the game is tainted in my opinion.

Would love to have seen some of these Duke guys play two years at least.

And how about the ones that have left after a year and disappeared. Family, Friends and hangers on have ruined some of these kids before they even get to Durham.

Enjoy Sunda.

Until they figure out the best mix, I enjoy the games, but I have no expectations.

Always seems to be a piece missing with Duke every year. Great front court, shitty backcourt and visa versa.

And how about the ones that have left after a year and disappeared. Family, Friends and hangers on have ruined some of these kids before they even get to Durham.

Enjoy Sunda.
I completely agree. It’s not amateur athletics anymore. It’s blunted my interest some now. Over time I haven’t found recruiting as interesting as when I was younger, but it’s diminished even more since then.

Trilly Donovan said that Miami was the leader up until just a few weeks ago. A couple of in-home visits helped to solidify Duke's position in this recruitment.

A few important pieces, aside from NIL, as to why Miami may have been leading: they could guarantee Cayden starter minutes; Duke could not. And the twins grew up around the Miami program - and, of course, their mom lives in Miami.

Enjoy Sunda.
They need to make 2 years the minimum.

Enjoy Sunda.
Didn't Duke have zero transfers last year....

ADVERTISEMENT