ADVERTISEMENT

Blackshear withdrawing from NBA draft

....you're just another dolt that thinks there are such a thing as wins and losses on a message board.

I'm not the one that pops into every thread to deliver "the list" and then endlessly spins any and all retorts. Yes, sadly, you try to win the interwebs often.

Hmmmm. Ok. I’m not an expert on this topic but many years ago I remember learning that it was ok to use conjunctions to start sentences. I also remember questioning everything I had ever learned growing up when I heard that.

@Dattier what’s the official ruling on this matter?
It's fine. There are legit stylistic objections within certain contexts, but it's not "wrong," per se, and only a pedant would take issue with it in this context.

I'm not the one that pops into every thread to deliver "the list" and then endlessly spins any and all retorts. Yes, sadly, you try to win the interwebs often.

....If you had such a fact-based 'list' here to support your arguments, God knows you'd use it. Using facts is anything but 'spinning'.

....If you had such a fact-based 'list' here to support your arguments, God knows you'd use it. Using facts is anything but 'spinning'.

You spend every day desperately trying to convince everyone that Kentucky is the bestest at everything ever. If you weren't so pitifully insecure, you'd let their history speak for itself.

But that's what insecure people who live vicariously through the lives of teen strangers do.

You spend every day desperately trying to convince everyone that Kentucky is the bestest at everything ever. If you weren't so pitifully insecure, you'd let their history speak for itself.

But that's what insecure people who live vicariously through the lives of teen strangers do.

....not at everything. Just college basketball. The stats and facts back me up too, but there's still nimrods like you here every day trying to refute them.

...with any UK fan that posts anything UK related.

Other than the greatest player in program history, the best perimeter defender in the country and a double double machine that was a first round pick? Lol. They also had the best shooter in program history and a good point guard leading them. UK was the favorite for a reason. Of course that KU guy is exaggerating but UK had a much better squad.
I'd take Tony Delk over Lamb any day and the 98 team had two guys (Shep and Mills) that were hitting threes off curl moves that were indefensible.

Greatest player in program history is a stretch, he played 1 season. Yes, he was certainly great, but UK has had many great players that stayed 3 and 4 years.

Also, Teague does not come to anyone's mind when you start listing Calipari's best point guards. He was merely adequate.

Lastly, that team had very little depth, so to say it was UK's greatest team, is nowhere near accurate.

Like I said, 96, 98, 2010 and 2015 rank ahead of 2012 in my opinion.

Where do you rank '12?

Speaking of resorting to weak rebuttals...

That would be punctuation, BTW. Not grammar. And you made at least three errors in this very post. Way to go, sport.
Well, go ahead and point out my grammar mistakes.

I know there's one in there, I put it on a tee for you, but you probably don't even see it.

However, you're the one that was knocking down my mentality, while hitting post on a reply that was riddled with errors.

I'd take Tony Delk over Lamb any day and the 98 team had two guys (Shep and Mills) that were hitting threes off curl moves that were indefensible.

Greatest player in program history is a stretch, he played 1 season. Yes, he was certainly great, but UK has had many great players that stayed 3 and 4 years.

Also, Teague does not come to anyone's mind when you start listing Calipari's best point guards. He was merely adequate.

Lastly, that team had very little depth, so to say it was UK's greatest team, is nowhere near accurate.

Like I said, 96, 98, 2010 and 2015 rank ahead of 2012 in my opinion.

Where do you rank '12?
Lol Delk was a much better player but Lamb shot 47.5% from deep over 2 years. Delk was at 39.5%. That's a gigantic difference.
It ain't a stretch. He won everything he could at UK and has become a superstar in the pros. The white dudes that are legends wouldn't score a point on AD.
Reading comprehension bad. I didn't compare him to anyone, just said he was a good point guard and a first round pick.
See above. I didn't say it was UK's greatest team. But it was a damn good one. Lol at thinking the 98 cats were better. Same with 2010. They didn't even make the final four.

Do you think because fans talk trash before a game that means they think they’re gonna win? Chatter is just chatter. Before every football game there is a 4 page long thread on the mainboard started by Kansas fans telling schools like Oklahoma what we’re gonna do to them and trust me, nobody doing the talking ever expects Kansas to win. Trash talk and chatter will always exist before games no matter how lopsided the game is expected to be.

Also, like I said, most reasonable fans thought they wouldn’t win. They were an underdog for a reason. That doesn’t mean they didn’t think that they could win. And who wouldn’t go to a national title game if their team was there and they really wanted to be there? I’d go see them play even if it was against the Toronto Raptors. It doesn’t mean I would be expecting a win. There are people who think their team will win every game no matter how big of an underdog they are but those people are oddballs and deserve the public shaming they receive.
Very true, I'm just not buying the whole "KU fans knew UK fans were going to win" crap.

In a one game scenario, anyone can win. Ask UNC 2016 and UNC 2008 and UK 2015 and UK 2010.

Lol Delk was a much better player but Lamb shot 47.5% from deep over 2 years. Delk was at 39.5%. That's a gigantic difference.
It ain't a stretch. He won everything he could at UK and has become a superstar in the pros. The white dudes that are legends wouldn't score a point on AD.
Reading comprehension bad. I didn't compare him to anyone, just said he was a good point guard and a first round pick.
See above. I didn't say it was UK's greatest team. But it was a damn good one. Lol at thinking the 98 cats were better. Same with 2010. They didn't even make the final four.
So in your mind, you have to make the FF to be thought of as a great team? 2015 came within a whisker of missing the FF, Notre Dame had them by the throat.

2019 Duke didn’t make the FF, but if you listen to Jay Bilas, they were, hands down, the greatest team of the modern era.

UK2010 is one of the best teams ever at UK. They were a better team than 2012, but since 12 had AD and won the title, people like you automatically rank them higher.

You appear to be disagreeing with me when I say I would take Delk over Lamb, but you admitted Delk was a better player. So, what's the issue there?

Would you take Lamb over Booker, Monk, Meeks, Shep, Delk, Murray or maybe Tyler Herro? I wouldn't.

In fact, the only guy on that 12 team that would be taken first over any other previous UK player was AD and he only scored 6 total points. So KU did a good job of taking him out.

As far as AD not allowing "the white dudes that are legends" to score a point, is funny, you act like nobody ever made a shot against UK2012 because AD was on the team. AD wasn’t guarding 1's and 2's out on the perimeter. Strange take man.

Everyone has their opinions and that’s all this is.

Last edited:
I didn't even think 2011-12 KU was going to win the Big XII, didn't think they'd make it past the S16.. and to this day, still roll my eyes when Jayhawks fans talk Tyshawn Taylor up.

Kansas won that Final Four game and it was one of those bittersweet moments.
Going to the title game - against /that/ Kentucky team.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Well, go ahead and point out my grammar mistakes.

I know there's one in there, I put it on a tee for you, but you probably don't even see it.

However, you're the one that was knocking down my mentality, while hitting post on a reply that was riddled with errors.

The guy who doesn't know the difference between grammar and punctuation is still trying to be high and mighty.

You guys kill me. Three fuggin stooges.

The guy who doesn't know the difference between grammar and punctuation is still trying to be high and mighty.

You guys kill me. Three fuggin stooges.
Sooooo, you're not going to point out my grammar/punctuation mistakes then? You said there were 3.

Does it really matter if it's categorized as grammar or punctuation?

No, it really doesn't.

....not at everything. Just college basketball. The stats and facts back me up too, but there's still nimrods like you here every day trying to refute them.

...with any UK fan that posts anything UK related.

Facts can also be used to back up the opinion that UNC is the greatest college basketball program of all time. Or that Kentucky is about the 4th-best program of the modern era.

But keep copying/pasting that list and living vicariously through teenagers you'll never meet, little guy.

FACT > opinion every day and twice on Sundays. Factual numbers put UK in front, every time. As Lurk said in another thread, I'm glad I don't have to spin.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
FACT > opinion every day and twice on Sundays. Factual numbers put UK in front, every time. As Lurk said in another thread, I'm glad I don't have to spin.

So now it's fact that Kentucky is the "best at college basketball?" Do you even know what a fact is?

Factual numbers put UK in front every time? Isn't 11 higher than 8? 20 and 18 aren't greater than 17?

Yikes.

It’s a showdown between Kentucky and Tennessee but Memphis appears to have a silent commitment and don’t sleep on Michigan. Also, don’t be surprised if he stays at Virginia Tech.

That’s about where we stand ITT.
My boss was pretty cranky the last couple of days. It might mean he's going to UT instead. Laughing

Reactions: schoonerwest
What point are you trying to make here? Everyone knows the numbers. Is it fact or opinion that matters? You seem confused. No matter how many “facts” you throw out, the idea that Kentucky basketball is the greatest all-time is still an opinion. There’s a fact for you.

This is just sad.

By the way, in the modern era, it would be tough to argue higher than 3rd or 4th.

FACTS that are backed up by the numbers are simply FACTS, not opinion. The way this concept continues to elude you is hilarious. (One correction though- UK is now at 2,293 wins....and still is #1 in that category)

Last sentence in the article: "Regardless of how you choose to rank the greatest teams of all time, the University of Kentucky Wildcats are the greatest program in college basketball history and that trend does not appear to be stopping anytime soon."

...."by the way".... 'modern era'....timeframing yet again. A loser's argument, and yet it seems to be a 'Go To' for you.

So you link an article from a guy that is the owner and editor of "the kentucky blog" to make your point?

Side note: he considered himself to be a lucky boyfriend

...it gives statistical/FACTUAL numbers.... although UK's win total is now 2,293. Other numbers of achievements listed in the article have also increased since the article was written.

...it gives statistical/FACTUAL numbers.... although UK's win total is now 2,293. Other numbers of achievements listed in the article have also increased since the article was written.
You win man. That settles it. You are a fan of a program that has had a ton of success. I def think you should buy a replica ring to let everyone know what you've accomplished.

FACTS that are backed up by the numbers are simply FACTS, not opinion. The way this concept continues to elude you is hilarious. (One correction though- UK is now at 2,293 wins....and still is #1 in that category)

Last sentence in the article: "Regardless of how you choose to rank the greatest teams of all time, the University of Kentucky Wildcats are the greatest program in college basketball history and that trend does not appear to be stopping anytime soon."

...."by the way".... 'modern era'....timeframing yet again. A loser's argument, and yet it seems to be a 'Go To' for you.

RollLaughIt's pretty obvious who is struggling here.

Stating that Kentucky has the most wins all-time is a fact. Stating that they are the greatest program of all-time is an opinion. Backing up your opinion with facts does not make that opinion a fact.

Seriously...this is sad. But hilarious.

Reactions: UL_1986 and jhmossy
You win man. That settles it. You are a fan of a program that has had a ton of success. I def think you should buy a replica ring to let everyone know what you've accomplished.

JC cares not about winning the interwebs. RollLaugh

Is most wins all time that meaningful if you’ve played basketball longer than other schools? Yeah UK has more all time wins than UNC but they also started in 1903 whereas UNC started in 1911. The gap between UK and UNC isn’t that large considering the head start that UK got.

Is most wins all time that meaningful if you’ve played basketball longer than other schools? Yeah UK has more all time wins than UNC but they also started in 1903 whereas UNC started in 1911. The gap between UK and UNC isn’t that large considering the head start that UK got.

It's kind of meaningless, but they lead in win % too.

It's kind of meaningless, but they lead in win % too.

I get that and that’s probably more meaningful. But UNC has a better season average number of victories than UK does. So UK doesn’t lead in every single category of greatness like some of them like to claim

RollLaughIt's pretty obvious who is struggling here.

Stating that Kentucky has the most wins all-time is a fact. Stating that they are the greatest program of all-time is an opinion. Backing up your opinion with facts does not make that opinion a fact.

Seriously...this is sad. But hilarious.

Yes, once an adjective enters the sentence, it becomes an opinion. Basing a statement on statistical fact is something else.... something you keep bitching about because it doesn't fit your agenda.

I get that and that’s probably more meaningful. But UNC has a better season average number of victories than UK does. So UK doesn’t lead in every single category of greatness like some of them like to claim

UNC also has 3 more final fours and 5 more 1 seeds. And most of their titles are from the modern era, under a much more sensible and thorough system of determining a champ.

You can make a good case for them as GOAT.

Reactions: UL_1986 and jhmossy

^^^^^^^^^^^ thinks England is the #1 country in the world

Yes, once an adjective enters the sentence, it becomes an opinion. Basing a statement on statistical fact is something else.... something you keep bitching about because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Sorry...there is no spin that will change the fact that labeling Kentucky the GOAT is an opinion. But apparently that won't stop you from trying.

And yes...the modern era is more relevant to just about anyone but Kentucky, UCLA, and Notre Dame fans.

During that period UK was getting their asses handed to them. UNC actually took over all time wins in the 1990's by as much as 10 games.

ADVERTISEMENT