ADVERTISEMENT

Bellarmine 67 UofL 66 F

We are watching.
laugh-ron-burgundy.gif

Why.
Youre better off watching reruns of Maude.
Bellarmine is gonna pimp slap my Cards even harder in the 2nd half.
Their fans will probably storm the court
6 wins total this year 🤬
A) I like watching UL. Count me as a guy who wears a UK shirt to a UL game. Just something to watch that hits close to home

B)Well, it's better than everything else on.

Don't call in sick this year against UK. You do that again and we'd need to replace y'all.

Reactions: cdbearde
Meh…big improvement over the Chaminade game and night and day over the Leann Rimes loss. If we can just keep improving each game, we have the chance to be a decent team. We have to remember the entire team is trying to learn and adapt to a new system and a new coaching philosophy. They aren’t playing naturally or with confidence yet. That will come with time and repetition.

Meh…big improvement over the Chaminade game and night and day over the Leann Rimes loss. If we can just keep improving each game, we have the chance to be a decent team. We have to remember the entire team is trying to learn and adapt to a new system and a new coaching philosophy. They aren’t playing naturally or with confidence yet. That will come with time and repetition.
You'll get them next time.

UL's coaching staff is too good for UL to be down for too long.

*watching last half. I'm late.

This goes beyond implementing a new system.

Louisville has locked down poll position for Clown Team of the year.
I would consider a clown team to be one that loses a game in which they were a heavy favorite. That's not going to be Louisville this year. They were only favored by 8 in this game. Not a huge upset.

USC was favored by 18 against FGCU and lost by 13. Florida State was favored by 18 against Stetson and lost by 9. Those are more of what I would consider clown teams. TCU almost took over being at the top of the list. They were 35 point favorites against Arkansas Pine Bluff and won by 1.

I would consider a clown team to be one that loses a game in which they were a heavy favorite. That's not going to be Louisville this year. They were only favored by 8 in this game. Not a huge upset.

USC was favored by 18 against FGCU and lost by 13. Florida State was favored by 18 against Stetson and lost by 9. Those are more of what I would consider clown teams. TCU almost took over being at the top of the list. They were 35 point favorites against Arkansas Pine Bluff and won by 1.
If anything, a ranked team that loses to Louisville would be the clown team. I think there will be at least one big, surprising win for them.

If anything, a ranked team that loses to Louisville would be the clown team. I think there will be at least one big, surprising win for them.
I'd say not even necessarily a ranked team, but any P5 team. I kid, I kid......kinda. 😬 They'll get better as the year goes on (new coaching staff and new team getting familiar with each other) but they weren't poised to be a good team this year anyway.

I think it’s safe to say that Kenny didn’t win those games at UK!😂 All jokes aside I think he will get UL rolling in time. I like Kenny. Hard to cheer against him……..but I will….oh I will!!!

Reactions: Crums Bald Spot
I feel a little bit for Louisville fans but then again living here, I don't. Took a lot of shit from Louisville fans over the past decade. But it's going to be a process. Be interesting to see how much they improve this year.

I feel a little bit for Louisville fans but then again living here, I don't. Took a lot of shit from Louisville fans over the past decade. But it's going to be a process. Be interesting to see how much they improve this year.
All things considered they should be very happy right now. They are no longer under the cloud of investigation and they got off with a slap on the wrist.

Reactions: IUBtown
Dont let "Bellarmine" name fool you. Davenport is a hell of a coach----And they did win the ASUN tourney lst year---If eleigble, Bellarmine would have been an NCAAT team.

With that being said..

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Bellarmine's ooc schedule is impressive. Clemson, Duke, UCLA and Ky remaining.

They could beat Clemson, especially is PJ Hall is out. Rest of those games should be Ls though. Just think if they didn't lose Dylan Penn to the portal. Could have been a team capable of a winning a game or two in March.

I think this is the most impressive OOC schedule I've ever seen, Texas Southern in 2017-18. 13 OOC games, 13 road games, 13 losses. They ended up winning their conference and winning the play-in game in the tournament.

Texas-Southern-Schedule-2018.png

Wow! Props to you for that. I mean, not that the result was crazy surprising, probably close to a 50-50 matchup. But, was thinking the athleticism of UL might overpower them to the victory.
Bellarmine is just a great fundamental team and they spread the court and move the ball well. Figured it would be a bad matchup for Louisville, especially this early in the season and not really having any team cohesion yet on either side of the ball. Bellarmine led the whole game after the first 8 minutes, most of the time by double digits. They were up 11 at the half and 10 with 4 minutes left when Louisville made a run at the end.

Bellarmine is just a great fundamental team and they spread the court and move the ball well. Figured it would be a bad matchup for Louisville, especially this early in the season and not really having any team cohesion yet on either side of the ball. They led the whole game after the first 8 minutes, most of the game by double digits. They were up 11 at the half and 10 with 4 minutes left when Louisville made a run at the end.

Bellarmine does spread the floor well. Fun team to watch. I like that Tipton kid a lot.

UL's defense looked atrocious in the first half. Finally gave some effort in the 2nd half. They do have a couple of nice pieces. Mike James looked super encouraging. BHH was pretty effective, too, when he was in there. Still, I think they'll struggle mightily in ACC play. The only team with a lower floor than them is Georgia Tech.

All things considered they should be very happy right now. They are no longer under the cloud of investigation and they got off with a slap on the wrist.

Slap on the wrist ?
The ncaa dragged this out three years too long.
Could have easily handed down this ruling or tourney bans in for 19' and 20'
The Cards could have started recovering last season. Now it wont be until 2023.

Reactions: cdbearde
Slap on the wrist ?
The ncaa dragged this out three years too long.
Could have easily handed down this ruling or tourney bans in for 19' and 20'
The Cards could have started recovering last season. Now it wont be until 2023.
Not saying it didn't drag on far too long, but the penalties that eventually came from it were nothing. The amended NOA wasn't even received by Louisville until May 2020, after the Gaudio extortion attempt, so anything in 2019 was off the table anyway.

I may be getting different scandals and schools mixed up, but didn't Louisville appeal decision a time or two extending the time it took?

Reactions: barbourfor3
They could beat Clemson, especially is PJ Hall is out. Rest of those games should be Ls though. Just think if they didn't lose Dylan Penn to the portal. Could have been a team capable of a winning a game or two in March.

I think this is the most impressive OOC schedule I've ever seen, Texas Southern in 2017-18. 13 OOC games, 13 road games, 13 losses. They ended up winning their conference and winning the play-in game in the tournament.

Texas-Southern-Schedule-2018.png
Worked out just as they planned. Go get kicked around by the big boys and get paid to do so, then you're battle tested to go win your conference tourney against lesser competition to make the dance. May as well schedule that way because a team like that is never going to get an at large bid anyway.

Reactions: dukedevilz
I may be getting different scandals and schools mixed up, but didn't Louisville appeal decision a time or two extending the time it took?
I think so. It's hard to keep track of the Louisville scandals. Ricky 3 Pumps, Hookergate, Bowen, Mack v Gaudio... I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but that's just the past dozen years or so. 😂

I think so. It's hard to keep track of the Louisville scandals. Ricky 3 Pumps, Hookergate, Bowen, Mack v Gaudio... I'm sure I'm leaving some things out but that's just the past dozen years or so. 😂

Has UofL caught up to uofk in scandals yet. 😎

ADVERTISEMENT