ADVERTISEMENT

***Baylor vs Gonzaga: National Title Thread***

JimboBBN

Jan 26, 2016
The Bluegrass State
Team
Kentucky
Tonight marks the end of a very strange year. IMO the best two teams of the season are playing for a title tonight, so maybe it’s not as bad as some think.

I see Baylor winning this thing tonight. And personally will be cheering for them. Hoping for a great and entertaining game.

I'm happy we got the two best teams in this one, but I still can't decide who to root for. Hard for me to root for a program like Baylor. But I'm also not sure this Gonzaga team deserves the all time recognition of an undefeated team. In the end, I'll probably lean Gonzaga.

Crazy to think what Scott Drew inherited 18 years ago. The whole Dave Bliss-Dennehy-Dotson scandal was horrible. Of course he was only 32 at the time, so I'm sure he was more than willing to take on a challenge for a power conference school. That was quite the hire! And now they have the chance to win a national championship.

9:20 tip..Midnight earliest it will end..Mother Fudge...5:00 am alarm may get pushed back..

Be prepared for Baylor to start landing knockout punches early.
We will see very early how this game will go.

The difference between Baylor and Gonzaga is that Baylor has been unstoppable at times against legit competition.
No one has been able to stop their runs...

20-5 run like how the Arkansas game started. Game was over after 4-5 minutes.

They actually have 8 starters...
They will put in their bench early to continue to play at that level.

Be prepared for Baylor to start landing knockout punches early.
We will see very early how this game will go.

The difference between Baylor and Gonzaga is that Baylor has been unstoppable at times against legit competition.
No one has been able to stop their runs...

20-5 run like how the Arkansas game started. Game was over after 4-5 minutes.

They actually have 8 starters...
They will put in their bench early to continue to play at that level.
Arkansas isn't Gonzaga....

The 25-8 run to start game vs USC was impressive...Trojans never had a chance.

THis is going to be a really good game. Nether team has seen a team like they will tonight.

Arkansas isn't Gonzaga....

The 25-8 run to start game vs USC was impressive...Trojans never had a chance.

THis is going to be a really good game. Nether team has seen a team like they will tonight.

Did you watch that game.
I did. I didn't know what the hell Enfield was trying to do....

Baylor definitely won't play a zone....

I am not a big fan of playing zone unless you are showing that you cannot matchup from the start.

This isn't being disrespectful to Gonzaga or Suggs....
But Suggs is a true freshman. Upside/potential is very different than talent today
Talent today and not upside is why Mitchell will be a lottery pick.

Huge advantage for Baylor at Gonzaga's best position.

Did you watch that game.
I did. I didn't know what the hell Enfield was trying to do....

Baylor definitely won't play a zone....

I am not a big fan of playing zone unless you are showing that you cannot matchup from the start.

But Suggs is a true freshman. Upside/potential is very different than talent today

I watched the game---Enfield had to play a zone. USC couldn't guard GU. But that wasn't the issue---issue was GU's defense, and the 5/6 steals to start a 17-4 run. That was that.

Suggs will be a Top 5 pick dude... It has nothing to do with potential---As you are suggesting. I mean are you being serious with that take? Baylor with a huge advabtage with Mitchell vs Suggs?

Dude.....C'mon, now.

Reactions: GOO_HAM
I watched the game---Enfield had to play a zone. USC couldn't guard GU. But that wasn't the issue---issue was GU's defense, and the 5/6 steals to start a 17-4 run. That was that.

Suggs will be a Top 5 pick dude... It has nothing to do with potential---As you are suggesting. I mean are you being serious with that take? Baylor with a huge advabtage with Mitchell vs Suggs?

Dude.....C'mon, now.

Mitchell is a way better player right now...

Nothing against Suggs. He has a very high ceiling.
But Mitchell is an elite two way guard.

NBA drafts on potential....

If they were going to draft players for the next year Mitchell would maybe be #1
But they draft for 10+ years

You know what Arkansas and Gonzaga do have in common....

True freshman guard..

Moody is not Suggs don't get me wrong. Moody will play in the NBA and will be drafted on upside/potential.
You know what Arkansas and Gonzaga don't have in common?

Arkansas doesn't have 3 All-Americans on their roster....Kispert, Timme and Suggs. Hell for that matter---Not does Baylor.

Mitchell is a way better player right now...

Nothing against Suggs. He has a very high ceiling.
But Mitchell is an elite two way guard.

NBA drafts on potential....

If they were doing to draft players for the next year Mitchell would maybe be #1
But they draft for 10+ years
Ok.....Suggs is avg 15/5/5 on the nations #1 ranked team, with two other All-Americans "eating" as well.

Is Mitchell better? Maybe....Could be. But WAY better? JFC, dude....Suggs is going to be a Top 5 pick---Not b/c of poetential---but b/c the dude is ****ing ridiculously good.

Ok.....Suggs is avg 15/5/5 on the nations #1 ranked team, with two other All-Americans "eating" as well.

Is Mitchell better? Maybe....Could be. But WAY better? JFC, dude....Suggs is going to be a Top 5 pick---Not b/c of poetential---but b/c the dude is ****ing ridiculously good.

Like I said.
It wasn't any disrespect to Suggs as a player...
Mitchell is a way better player today.

He is just older. Body is stronger and has played more basketball.

Will be a better NBA player next year..Might not have the NBA career that Suggs has but can start on a lot of NBA teams right now.

Suggs damn near dropped a triple double on USC: 18/10/8....

He followed that with 16/5,6 vs UCLA----including hitting the game winner.

He's not your run of the mill, "true" freshman...Why the **** are you even arguing this?

You and your ****ing trolling...JFC. Annoying.

Like I said.
It wasn't any disrespect to Suggs as a player...
Mitchell is a way better player today.

He is just older. Body is stronger and has played more basketball.

Will be a better NBA player next year..Might not have the NBA career that Suggs has but can start on a lot of NBA teams right now.
We will see tonight.

Suggs damn near dropped a triple double on USC: 18/10/8....

He followed that with 16/5,6 vs UCLA----including hitting the game winner.

He's not your run of the mill, "true" freshman...Why the **** are you even arguing this?

You and your ****ing trolling...JFC. Annoying.

Because it will make the difference tonight...
Experience wins

Baylor's guards are older.

But Gonzaga does have a trump card and they have been using it....
They have been getting ready for Baylor by playing with two ball handlers.

Because it will make the difference tonight...
Experience wins

Baylor's guards are older.
Do you post shit, just hoping it's true?

Kispert is a SENIOR...
Ayayi is RS Junior..
Cook is a SENIOR
Nembhard is a JUNIOR..
Suggs a is the only non-upperclassmen.

Jesus, dude---Google shit at least.

NBA Ready is relevant..
Mitchell is probably the most NBA ready guard in college basketball.

That is why he is sneaking into the Top 10.
You didn't say, "NBA ready"---You said---"more games". Playing more games doesn't make "more ready" for the NBA---If it did, half of Wisconsns roster would get drafted this year.

Suggs is legit---An NBA ready PG, right now. His vision, and passing is off the charts.

Cannot believe this is even being discussed---But of course---Its you, so actually I can.

Do you post shit, just hoping it's true?

Kispert is a SENIOR...
Ayayi is RS Junior..
Cook is a SENIOR
Nembhard is a JUNIOR..
Suggs a is the only non-upperclassmen.

Jesus, dude---Google shit at least.

Baylor isn't running a true freshman out there

So therefore their guards are older.

Use your mind....

If you watch the WVU game....
Watch the first half with Suggs.
McBride is a player who should stay another year. But he gave Suggs some issues.
At that time McBride was more NBA ready than Suggs

Baylor isn't running a true freshman out there

So therefore their guards are older.

Use your mind....

If you watch the WVU game....
Watch the first half with Suggs.
McBride is a player who should stay another year. But he gave Suggs some issues.
At that time McBride was more NBA ready than Suggs
Riiiiiiight...Because Baylor doesn't run a freshman out there, they are MUCH older. Gotcha.

Suggs is not your typical frosh, dude...He's a stud. He's ready for the league right now.

Sweet that you pick Suggs' 3rd game as a college player, as some type of measuring stick...JFC, really?

Use my mind? About,what?

Baylors guards----Mitchell--JR. Teague--SR..Butler--Jr....Flagler--So
Gonzaga guards---Suggs--FR....Kispert--SR....Cook--SR...Aayai--Junior...Nembhard....JR.

Baylor is older at ONE spot, among rotation players...But to you, that makes all their gurds, older...

Why do I even entertain you? JFC..

Riiiiiiight...Because Baylor doesn't run a freshman out there, they are MUCH older. Gotcha.

Suggs is not your typical frosh, dude...He's a stud. He's ready for the league right now.

Sweet that you pick Suggs' 3rd game as a college player, as some type of measuring stick...JFC, really?

Use my mind? About,what?

Baylors guards----Mitchell--JR. Teague--SR..Butler--Jr....Flagler--So
Gonzaga guards---Suggs--FR....Kispert--SR....Cook--SR...Aayai--Junior...Nembhard....JR.

Baylor is older at ONE spot, among rotation players...But to you, that makes all their gurds, older...

Why do I even entertain you? JFC..

Not a measuring stick....

When Gonzaga doesn't have a huge advantage at the PG position
They have struggled.

Even against UCLA it was noticable because Campbell was doing his thing.

So tonight against Mitchell and Butler it could be noticable.

Not a measuring stick....

When Gonzaga doesn't have a huge advantage at the PG position
They have struggled.

Even against UCLA it was noticable because Campbell was doing his thing.

So tonight against Mitchell and Butler it could be noticable.
Dude---Suggs was in his 3rd game.....He's now about to play in his 32nd game. Using what a kid done in his 3rd career game, vs what he might do in his 32nd career game, is fuking stupid.

What was noticeable vs UCLA? GU "struggled" vs UCLA, b/c they hit a bunch of tough ass, contested shots.

Dude---Suggs was in his 3rd game.....He's now about to play in his 32nd game. Using what a kid done in his 3rd career game, vs what he might do in his 32nd career game, is fuking stupid.

What was noticeable vs UCLA? GU "struggled" vs UCLA, b/c they hit a bunch of tough ass, contested shots.

Why did UCLA score....

Campbell played at a very high level.

Gonzaga was somewhat lucky Campbell went to the bench with two fouls in the first half.
That was how they were able to get back into having control...

Suggs had issues guarding Campbell.

Tonight the key matchup will be Suggs vs Baylor's guards.

Suggs will really have to step up tonight. Played is best game of the year by far.

Reactions: snowsquirrel11
Why did UCLA score....

Campbell played at a very high level.

Gonzaga was somewhat lucky Campbell went to the bench with two fouls in the first half.
That was how they were able to get back into having control..
UCLA scored b/c they shot 60% from the floor---48% from three.

Campbell played really well...

Ummmm, no...When Campbell went to the bench with 8 minutes left, UCLA led by 1....They stretched that lead to 6 over the next 4 minutes, WITHOUT Tyger. UCLA lead 27-26 at the 8 min mark when Tyger got his second foul....They led 36-30, with just over 4 minutes to go....Campbell being out had no impact whatsoever in GU "gaining control". UCLA actually expanded their lead w/o Campbell.

Hoping for a good game. Doubt I will get to see the finish though. Horray for late night games for no reason. 🙃

ADVERTISEMENT