ADVERTISEMENT

***Baylor vs Gonzaga: National Title Thread***

You can't eliminate two teams and call it a valid argument. Eliminate Kansas and the Big 12 looks like dog shit. Eliminate UCLA and Arizona and the PAC is a mid major.

The Big Ten hasn't won a championship in 20 years. Shut the fvck up.

You may be in the B1G now but you got that ACC in your blood

You may be in the B1G now but you got that ACC in your blood
I'll call out everybody for dumb takes, including myself. I still hate the ACC, but I have no problem calling out B1G morons. It's kind of an embarrassing argument. Nobody cares how many different schools made it to the Final 4 and failed to win it all.

I'll call out everybody for dumb takes, including myself. I still hate the ACC, but I have no problem calling out B1G morons. It's kind of an embarrassing argument. Nobody cares how many different schools made it to the Final 4 and failed to win it all.
I wouldn't give two shits if no ACC team other than Duke ever made it to the FF.

I wouldn't give two shits if no other ACC team than Duke ever made it to the FF.
The dilemma of rooting for Michigan making it far in the tournament was definitely there for me. Being able to shit post about the B1G, but also having to deal with more and more Walmart Wolverine fans coming out of the woodwork and shit posting.

giphy-downsized-medium.gif

Of course, of course.

Setting that aside, it doesn't explain why you constantly brag about doing something once that Michigan St does every couple years.

I brag about beating the shit out Kansas. Hell Roy Williams never recovered from the ass kicking we gave him. Basically pushed him i to retirement

Yeah. Pretty bad for supposedly the best basketball conference.

Conference honking is really pretty pointless. There's 1-2 perennially elite teams in any given league and a lot of inconsistency from the rest.

Obviously it's tougher to consistently win your league if you're Duke or UNC, as opposed to KU or Michigan State. But even that hasn't held true the last few years.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I brag about beating the shit out Kansas. Hell Roy Williams never recovered from the ass kicking we gave him. Basically pushed him i to retirement

Which is quite the compliment, considering that was probably the weakest KU team of the last 20-30 years.

You wouldn't find me bragging for years about beating one of the weakest Auburn teams in decades. 🤣

And none are OAD factories.

I wouldn't blame OADs. Imagine where these Duke teams would have been without the Zions and Bagleys.

Blame K for not having the right upperclassmen mixed in. He has his pick of the litter.

I wouldn't blame OADs. Imagine where these Duke teams would have been without the Zions and Bagleys.

Blame K for not having the right upperclassmen mixed in. He has his pick of the litter.
I said none are OAD factories. As in solely built around OADs. So essentially, I am blaming K for not having developed upperclassmen to play around a reasonable number of OADs.

Which is quite the compliment, considering that was probably the weakest KU team of the last 20-30 years.

You wouldn't find me bragging for years about beating one of the weakest Auburn teams in decades. 🤣
Ok

And none are OAD factories.
Duke needs to recruit more OAD Lottery picks each year not less if we look at the tournament results.

UK 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017 and Duke 2015, 2018, 2019 all made the Elite 8 or better with multiple OAD Lottery picks on their team.

In fact, 3 of those teams were a possession away from the Final 4.

Embiid didn't play for KU in the tournament but him and Wiggins would've probably continued this trend if Joel stayed healthy in 2014 as he was playing like a monster.

Duke needs to recruit more OAD Lottery picks each year not less if we look at the tournament results.

UK 2010, 2012, 2015, 2017 and Duke 2015, 2018, 2019 all made the Elite 8 or better with multiple OAD Lottery picks on their team.

In fact, 3 of those teams were a possession away from the Final 4.

Embiid didn't play for KU in the tournament but him and Wiggins would've probably continued this trend if Joel stayed healthy in 2014 as he was playing like a monster.
You're ignoring the years Kentucky didn't make the tournament and this year's Duke team as well as the early exit/underperforming Duke teams in that span. You're also ignoring the veteran leadership on the 2012 UK team and the 2015 Duke team. It has been proven enough times that putting all your eggs in the OAD basket doesn't work. Never has. Never will.

You're ignoring the years Kentucky didn't make the tournament and this year's Duke team as well as the early exit/underperforming Duke teams in that span. You're also ignoring the veteran leadership on the 2012 UK team and the 2015 Duke team. It has been proven enough times that putting all your eggs in the OAD basket doesn't work. Never has. Never will.
Duke and UK's recruiting classes weren't great this year relative to expectations. There's a huge difference between a projected top 10 NBA pick and a regular 5 star recruit.

Irving, Bagley, Tatum, etc. were projected studs while Roach, DJ Steward, Kennard and Grayson weren't. The latter need time to develop but unfortunately in the current state of college basketball, they may choose to leave after their freshman year to spend time in the G League instead to develop.

Who's ignoring the veteran leadership on those championship teams? Obviously you need some key upperclassmen in tow to win a title but its not like K hasn't tried to recruit and develop those.

I don't get "putting all your eggs in the OAD basket" comment because at most you'll have like 3 of these guys. The rest of the roster will likely have other incoming recruits and upperclassmen.

Its nearly impossible to forecast roster continuity these days. You think K expected Tyus to leave in 2015? For Frank to leave in 2017? For Gary Trent to lose in 2018? For DJ Steward to leave this year?

These guys weren't projected 1st round picks and they still bolted. If you want to recruit guys who have no shot at making the NBA, then you won't have a talented roster.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT