ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti says Nike EYBL execs. were willing to pay for college players

You’re a compulsive goalpost-shifter.

Do we need proof or not? Is hearsay acceptable to use to support our argument or isn’t it?

Seaofblue.com? Really?

Of course I know about the De Sousa situation. And my head isn’t buried. BUT....where’s the proof? I’m supposed to accept a text that reads “We good?” as proof that Self cheats, yet dismiss Code’s comment aimed directly at Kentucky and “KP’s” text exchange?Not to mention, IF Self and Gassnola were talking shady business (yes, they were), Kentucky was mentioned in the VERY same text exchange as being part of it.

And do you really think Calipari was oblivious to the fact that Zion had a price tag?

Why do you keep asking for proof then citing things that don’t prove anything?
Yup, of course Kentucky was mentioned. Anyone that wants to make a big statement will throw UK, Duke and UNC out there, but so far, nobody has said wth those schools did.

That includes you, but that doesn't stop you from throwing stones.

I don't know if Cal knew about a price tag for Zion or not, you don't either. None of us knows how that went down.

I'll say this, I feel a whole lot better knowing that Zion has no ties to UK, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went to duke with zero dollars being exchanged. It's really not that far fetched.

I'm just not willing to call people cheaters when I have no idea what they did.

Last edited:
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I'll say this, I feel a whole lot better knowing that Zion has no ties to UK, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went to duke with zero dollars being exchanged. It's really not that far fetched.

I'm just not willing to call people cheaters when I have no idea what they did.

We know that his family had huge demands. Big-time money, jobs, housing.

To assume that they just scrapped those plans to play for free at Duke is pretty far fetched.

Well theres that pesky 30k bad loan to bam adebayo on Dawkins ledger for one. And then there’s that pesky Chicago sun times story saying Anthony Davis got 200k. And I know those things can’t be “proven” but that doesn’t mean they didn’t happen.

As for wtf they did, they were doing the same thing every other school is/was doing. You can’t trully believe that UK, Duke, and UNC could have such amazing success over the last decade, in which duke and Uk have recruited at an unprecedented level and be clean when seemingly the rest of college basketball was paying recruits or their families or handlers.

who received that "bad loan"
i do not remember reading anywhere that Bam or any of his family members received it
please provide us a link showing who got that "bad loan"

To assume that they just scrapped those plans to play for free at Duke is pretty far fetched.
Well, maybe we'll find out. Remember, this is the NCAA that is in charge of the investigations. A lot of this stuff is going to be swept under the rug.

Reactions: silkcitypirate

Could the same be said about the countless 5*"s that have ended up @ Kentucky? Or were none them offered money? AND, IFthey were, did they "scrap those plans", to play for free @ UK? Let me guess, though...They were offered thousands, but turned that down, because Cal convinced them of the millions they were eventually.gonna make?
Look I'm not saying UK has paid a single player. But don't you see how naive it is to think kids that have went to UK, havent? Not Cal personally. Heck not even directly from UK. BUT my man. There are so many folks involved in today's recruiting, that it's impossible to say as much, with certainty.

You got proof that Zion and his family made these huge demands? I've seen a text saying something like that, but funny how that's the only thing. If Zion and family had their hand out, no one mentioned it from other schools.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Could the same be said about the countless 5*"s that have ended up @ Kentucky? Or were none them offered money? AND, IFthey were, did they "scrap those plans", to play for free @ UK? Let me guess, though...They were offered thousands, but turned that down, because Cal convinced them of the millions they were eventually.gonna make?
Look I'm not saying UK has paid a single player. But don't you see how naive it is to think kids that have went to UK, havent? Not Cal personally. Heck not even directly from UK. BUT my man. There are so many folks involved in today's recruiting, that it's impossible to say as much, with certainty.
Right, but see, nobody can sit here and say that UK/Calipari or K/Duke or Roy/UNC are definitely paying players. Maybe Nike/Adidas/Under armor are, but there's nothing the schools and coaches can do about that.

Now, if the coaches are working with those agents, like what "allegedly" was happening at UL, KU, LSU, Maryland and Arizona, then there's a huge problem and that's what I'm talking about. There's a huge difference between the school, coaches or agents of the school paying players and shoe companies paying players without the coaches or school knowing about it. I don't know what to believe, so I'm not going to just run around on here acting like I know, which a few are currently doing because their schools have already been caught.

Now here comes the "you're naive if you think they're all not working together, the coaches have to know… ". Yeah, well, again, nobody knows the true inner workings of what's going on at this point, so anyone telling others that they are silly because they aren't just calling everyone cheaters is just being an ass.

You got proof that Zion and his family made these huge demands? I've seen a text saying something like that, but funny how that's the only thing. If Zion and family had their hand out, no one mentioned it from other schools.
Exactly, these dudes will take one person's report and run with it like it has to he true.

Same thing with Anthony Davis, one dude comes out and says, without a shred of proof, that AD was paid, and these ambulance chasers run around on here acting like they were there and actually saw it happen.

There is a ridiculous amount of fake news out there, if you want to believe something, you'll find the info you need to support your agenda.

who received that "bad loan"
i do not remember reading anywhere that Bam or any of his family members received it
please provide us a link showing who got that "bad loan"

It was in Dawkins ledger with about 50 other names maybe more. If u haven’t seen the ledger or read about it by now I’m not gonna go digging for it. Google is ur friend.

And before u ask no I’ve never been in the same room as Dawkins or bam so I personally never saw any money change hands, which I guess is the burden of proof we are working off of now.

Much different getting laid and providing strippers to underage recruits.

Hostesses to entertain vs strippers to strip.

You act like every recruiting visit recruits magically get lucky with random “drunk” college chicks on recruiting visits when in reality the school is providing them “hostesses” to entertain them. How do I know this? I’ve seen it first hand in college, and I heard jalen rose talk about it on national tv.

And I’m not defending what McGee did, it is morally repulsive but so Is an administration having female students employed to “entertain” recruits. But that doesn’t move the needle bc words like prostitution and pimps aren’t headlining it. Back to semantics.

Last edited:

Supposedly made demands to KU. No proof of anything else.

Still not one picture of them at this supposed house or any demands made to Duke.

BTW, do you not believe K when he says Duke cleared Bagley and Zion with the NCAA?

Do you think Duke is that stupid to so obviously break the rules?

If yes to any of those questions, of which you have no proof, is just you trying to drag Duke into your KU cess pool.

Reactions: kl40504
It was in Dawkins ledger with about 50 other names maybe more. If u haven’t seen the ledger or read about it by now I’m not gonna go digging for it. Google is ur friend.

And before u ask no I’ve never been in the same room as Dawkins or bam so I personally never saw any money change hands, which I guess is the burden of proof we are working off of now.
Hmm, Calipari has his current players host recruits… .maybe that’s why he hasn't been landing the Zion's and Bagley's if the world. Other schools are getting these kids laid.

On the Bam thing, I don't know why it was labeled as a bad loan in the ledger, but Bam said he never took a dime. So who do we believe?

Look, MFer, there's a wiretap conversation in which an assistant coach talks specifically about their demands, and an Adidas rep echoes the same thing.

It's a pretty desperate leap to argue that it isn't true. This ain't a rumor floating on the street.

God, this gets old.

Hostesses to entertain vs strippers to strip.

You act like every recruiting visit recruits magically get lucky with random “drunk” college chicks on recruiting visits when in reality the school is providing them “hostesses” to entertain them. How do I know this? I’ve seen it first hand in college, and I heard jalen rose talk about it on national tv.

And I’m not defending what McGee did, it is morally repulsive but so Is an administration having female students employed to “entertain” recruits. But that doesn’t move the needle bc words like prostitution and pimps aren’t headlining it. Back to semantics.
Feeling a little butt hurt that your school is so dirty.

Look, MFer, there's a wiretap conversation in which an assistant coach talks specifically about their demands, and an Adidas rep echoes the same thing.

It's a pretty desperate leap to argue that it isn't true. This ain't a rumor floating on the street.

God, this gets old.
Two parties, not the Williamsons and never mentioning Duke.

Please be sure to keep that in mind.

Exactly, these dudes will take one person's report and run with it like it has to he true.

Same thing with Anthony Davis, one dude comes out and says, without a shred of proof, that AD was paid, and these ambulance chasers run around on here acting like they were there and actually saw it happen.

There is a ridiculous amount of fake news out there, if you want to believe something, you'll find the info you need to support your agenda.

Answer this: Is it more likely that the info from the FBI wiretap convo between Townsend and Code is accurate, or that it's "fake news?"

You crack me the eff up. You're the one who literally just brought the Townsend wiretap into the conversation as "proof" that KU assistants cheat. Now you're saying that anyone who believes it is gullible and it's fake news.

Are you insane?

Last edited:
Two parties, not the Williamsons and never mentioning Duke.

Please be sure to keep that in mind.

I don't have to keep anything in mind. This isn't a court of law.

Zion's family had demands, and I have little doubt that they were met. Does this rustle you?

I don't have to keep anything in mind. This isn't a court of law.

Zion's family had demands, and I have little doubt that they were met. Does this rustle you?
Not at all, just reflects on what an asshat you are.

Believe what you want to believe. I do know this though, Duke hasn't had any player sit out like Preston and Desouza as recently as the last few year for shady dealings.

Answer this: Is it more likely that the info from the FBI wiretap convo between Townsend and Adidas is accurate, or that it's "fake news?"

You crack me the eff up. You're the one who literally just brought the Townsend wiretap into the conversation as "proof" that KU assistants cheat. Now you're saying that anyone who believes it is gullible and it's fake news.

Are you insane?
So, you seriously don't know the difference between a wiretap, where FBI agents literally heard conversations from KU people and Adidas conspiring to pay kids and rumors started by media members?

Do you understand what a wiretap is? Do you understand what a rumor is?

FYI, the Anthony Davis and Zion payments are rumors, nobody has a shred of proof that those players were paid.

And yeah, I don't blame Zion's parents for telling KU they wanted money to play in Lawrence freaking Kansas, I would too, have you been there?

And according to reports Kansas was willing to pay whatever necessary to get Zion.

Hey," said Code, according to his attorney, Mark Moore. "Between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?"

Who is "he?" Zion Williamson's father, per Moore's courtroom account.

"I know what he's asking for," Code continued. "He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

If this was to follow the basics that played out over the past 2½ weeks here as the underground economy of college athletics was laid bare in a federal fraud trial, that meant a job (lucrative with little to no work), a lot of cash (six figures, minimum) and an apartment or house (rent-free, of course). If you've seen Zion play, you'd know that isn't a bad deal.

Which might be why Townsend sounded unfazed.

"I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way," Townsend said.

Last edited:
Not at all, just reflects on what an asshat you are.

Believe what you want to believe. I do know this though, Duke hasn't had any player sit out like Preston and Desouza as recently as the last few year for shady dealings.

They self-reported Preston.

Did Maggette sit out? Oops.

It's okay that you're the only one who believes that Zion didn't collect, buddy. Really, it is.

So, you seriously don't know the difference between a wiretap, where FBI agents literally heard conversations from KU people and Adidas conspiring to pay kids and rumors started by media members?

Do you understand what a wiretap is? Do you understand what a rumor is?

FYI, the Anthony Davis and Zion payments are rumors, nobody has a shred of proof that those players were paid.

And yeah, I don't blame Zion's parents for telling KU they wanted money to play in Lawrence freaking Kansas, I would too, have you been there?

Not conspiring to pay "kids"....conspiring to pay ZION. ZION is who we are talking about. Yet you're now telling me that anyone who believes that Zion's family had their hands out is a gullible fake news believer. You're an idiot, plain and simple.

Yeah, I've been to Lawrence freaking Kansas. I live there. Have you been there? Or is this another subject on which you're talking out of your ass?

Betting he would have enjoyed playing in Allen more than in front of a bunch of 90 year olds in a mall.

Last edited:
And according to reports Kansas was willing to pay whatever necessary to get Zion.

Hey," said Code, according to his attorney, Mark Moore. "Between me and you, you know, he asked about some stuff. You know?"

Who is "he?" Zion Williamson's father, per Moore's courtroom account.

"I know what he's asking for," Code continued. "He's asking for opportunities from an occupational perspective, he's asking for cash in the pocket and he's asking for housing for him and his family."

If this was to follow the basics that played out over the past 2½ weeks here as the underground economy of college athletics was laid bare in a federal fraud trial, that meant a job (lucrative with little to no work), a lot of cash (six figures, minimum) and an apartment or house (rent-free, of course). If you've seen Zion play, you'd know that isn't a bad deal.

"I've got to just try to work and figure out a way because if that's what it takes to get him here for 10 months, we're going to have to do it some way," Townsend said.

You and your sidekick need to determine whether we need to base our arguments on proof, or if assumptions will do.

We seem to need proof when a 14-year Nike bagman calls out Kentucky for cheating, but it's okay to label Townsend a cheater, assuming that he probably paid someone else since he discussed Zion's demands. That about right?

Someone define the rules please. Thanks.

Not conspiring to pay "kids"....conspiring to pay ZION. ZION is who we are talking about. Yet you're now telling me that anyone who believes that Zion's family had their hands out is a gullible fake news believer. You're an idiot, plain and simple.

Yes, I've been to Lawrence freaking Kansas. I live there. Have you been there, moron? Or is this yet another subject on which you're talking out of your ass?

I'm guessing he would have enjoyed playing in Allen a lot more than in front of a bunch of toothless 90 year old inbreds in a mall.
Triggered.

Hey, read the bolded part above, I never said that, that's you twisting words again to fit your agenda. I never said anyone (except you) was gullible. Heck, I never even said that word. What I did say was that there was no proof of it happening, only that his camp asked KU for money. How in the hell does that mean i'm calling people gullible? You're a piece of shi… I mean work.

Oh, by the way, wtf is in the water out there? KU is getting close to overtaking UL as Fraud-U

https://amp.kansas.com/news/state/article234237337.html

They self-reported Preston.

Did Maggette sit out? Oops.

It's okay that you're the only one who believes that Zion didn't collect, buddy. Really, it is.
Did Rush sit out? Or any of Piggies other players?

Did Duke not cooperate fully with the NCAA on that issue?

Did Rush sit out? Or any of Piggies other players?

Did Duke not cooperate fully with the NCAA on that issue?

Ah, so now we're hurling accusations at a player who was never even investigated. Please confer with the others regarding rules of discussion.

You homers never cease to amaze.

You and your sidekick need to determine whether we need to base our arguments on proof, or if assumptions will do.

We seem to need proof when a 14-year Nike bagman calls out Kentucky for cheating, but it's okay to label Townsend a cheater, assuming that he probably paid someone else since he discussed Zion's demands. That about right?

Someone define the rules please. Thanks.
These are Townsend's words and not mine:

This an Assistant coach at Kansas on wiretap saying they will pay whatever it takes to get Zion. Do you think this is the first time Kansas coaches have been involved in paying players. Kansas has a history of problems with the NCAA. Good luck with the current NCAA investigation.

I'm really looking forward to talking about on court facts instead of off court speculations.

However, September is always the worst of the off months. Everyone gets amped up for the season and the rhetoric seems to be turned up a notch.

These are Townsend's words and not mine:

This an Assistant coach at Kansas on wiretap saying they will pay whatever it takes to get Zion. Do you think this is the first time Kansas coaches have been involved in paying players. Kansas has a history of problems with the NCAA. Good luck with the current NCAA investigation.

Proof? Did I do that right?

Btw, doesn't Kentucky have a history of problems with the NCAA?

I don't know. Perhaps. I think you're the only one who says that. I'd be interested in a link.
NCAA.org. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out the rest. If you're not smart enough, say so, and I'll give you the direct link.

Here’s a feed of KL back in the day getting thrown off the Cage.

Him getting owned ITT reminded me of the video

NCAA.org. I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out the rest. If you're not smart enough, say so, and I'll give you the direct link.

Interesting. Looks like KU has one more than UK. I can see why y’all are so self-righteous. Despite boasting maybe the loudest two.

Jan 11, 1957 - University of Kansas
Improper recruiting inducement and transportation.

Nov 01, 1988 - University of Kansas
Improper recruiting inducements, contacts, transportation and entertainment; lack of institutional control.

Jan 10, 1953 - University of Kentucky
Improper financial aid; eligibility.

May 19, 1989 - University of Kentucky
Cash provided to prospective student-athlete; academic fraud; unethical conduct; lack of institutional control. [UPHELD AFTER APPEAL BY COACH.]

Oct 26, 1960 - University of Kansas
Extra benefits; improper recruiting contacts and entertainment.

Aug 17, 1972 - University of Kansas
Improper financial aid and transportation; extra benefits; improper recruiting entertainment, inducements and transportation; academic fraud; eligibility; unethical conduct.

Oct 12, 2006 - University of Kansas
Impermissible inducements and benefits

Dec 01, 1976 - University of Kentucky
Improper entertainment, financial aid, lodging and transportation; extra benefits; out-of-season practice; complimentary tickets; improper recruiting entertainment, inducements and transportation; excessive number of official visits; outside fund; questionable practice; institutional control; certification of compliance.

Mar 03, 1988 - University of Kentucky
Failure to cooperate fully with investigation.

instead of a blanket statement "oh it was on rafters" provide a link
or are you also just talking out of your ass
Quit being so obtuse, dude. When the pics/story came out about it, there was a thread on RR pertaining to it. And not o my that, it was talked about endlessly during the scandals of "pay for play". Quit acting like Kentucky fans are above this type of shit. **** dude..theres a thread about IU on there everyday. Jesus. But hey, if I get the time, I'll go look it up, and post ....OK?

ADVERTISEMENT