ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti on Duke

Avenatti is the only bastion of hope in today's world.

He is taking on Trump, R Kelly, and now Duke and Nike.

Help us Michael Avenatti, your are our only hope.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
I was just about to post this. Do you think this is evidence of wrong doing by Duke? Because it tells me that he is only going off of things everyone already knew. Are you concerned about his comments on SEC teams?
I think it alleges that a player on Duke's roster received benefits and should have been ineligible.

The previous tweets don't sound like he is talking about stuff people already knew. The references to Sharonda Sampson and the bogus consulting fees Nike paid her sounds like he knows more of the story than we do. We'll find out sooner than later at this rate. Maybe he has the receipts and such like he just posted in the 41 page pdf.

What comments about SEC teams? I know he's tweeting about Nike divulging any subpoenas or investigationes to THE SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) because of investors.

Avenatti is the only bastion of hope in today's world.

He is taking on Trump, R Kelly, and now Duke and Nike.

Help us Michael Avenatti, your are our only hope.
tenor.gif

Reactions: hawkit3113
Again, any proof that someone besides Avenatti has anything and that Duke provided funds.

Except speculation and rumors that opposing fans want to make assumptions to bring Duke down.
Nobody, let me repeat, NOBODY has accused Duke of paying players that I'm aware of. I think everyone at this point is of the belief that Nike provided the funds and steered the recruits to schools. That doesn't make Duke guilty, but it makes those players ineligible if they received payments and other gifts that have been alleged.

I think it alleges that a player on Duke's roster received benefits and should have been ineligible.

The previous tweets don't sound like he is talking about stuff people already knew. The references to Sharonda Sampson and the bogus consulting fees Nike paid her sounds like he knows more of the story than we do. We'll find out sooner than later at this rate. Maybe he has the receipts and such like he just posted in the 41 page pdf.

What comments about SEC teams? I know he's tweeting about Nike divulging any subpoenas or investigationes to THE SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission) because of investors.
From Nike. Not Duke. You do know that Duke worked with the NCAA on Zion prior to him attending and were cleared.

So, count me as not worried.

From Nike. Not Duke. You do know that Duke worked with the NCAA on Zion prior to him attending and were cleared.

So, count me as not worried.
If you're not worried, you're not doing a good job of showing it.

I think your hopes and desires are getting in the way of you thinking realistically. If Nike paid a player's family without the school's knowledge, how is the school culpable? Duke can start an investigation and learn that Williamson's mother recieved money from Nike, report it to the NCAA and not play him in another game. It would suck seeing him on the bench, but rules are rules.

Or, if you get it your way, Duke will have to forfeit the title that was handed to them on November 7th.

Reactions: Afamu
If you're not worried, you're not doing a good job of showing it.
so responding to points made on a message board and disputing them is worried.

But it is pretty obvious that opposing fans are wishing and hoping Duke gets hit.

I think your hopes and desires are getting in the way of you thinking realistically. If Nike paid a player's family without the school's knowledge, how is the school culpable? Duke can start an investigation and learn that Williamson's mother recieved money from Nike, report it to the NCAA and not play him in another game. It would suck seeing him on the bench, but rules are rules.

Or, if you get it your way, Duke will have to forfeit the title that was handed to them on November 7th.
My only hope or desire is that UK isn't named in this.

Why was UMass culpable for an agent providing benefits to Marcus Camby? I think the schools are held accountable because of this very situation. How easy is it to get a booster or some other party to pay a recruit. Evidently pretty easy. Remember Sam Gilbert?

Yeah, because typing on a cell phone is so easy. Geez.

Spelling Nazi on a message board and a UK fan.

Nope on the Nazi part. Yes on the UK fan. Your post was incoherent. Try reading them before you hit post. It helps.

My only hope or desire is that UK isn't named in this.

Why was UMass culpable for an agent providing benefits to Marcus Camby? I think the schools are held accountable because of this very situation. How easy is it to get a booster or some other party to pay a recruit. Evidently pretty easy. Remember Sam Gilbert?
Because he was at the school at the time and the agent was recruiting him. So he received benefits directly.

Not sure why you cant see this.

Williamson's Mom receiving consulting fees, which is obviously what the shoe companies do to get around paying the players directly, is completely different than Phil Knight paying Zion.

Real talk though. Why is Avennati going after all these people?

Is he trying to deflect from his own scams?

Just be real here. It's not worth talking to you if you are going bullshit me into thinking that you don't want Duke to be guilty of cheating. If not, your focus would be on Nike instead of Duke.
Thread title = Avenatti on Duke

If Nike paid a player's family without the school's knowledge, how is the school culpable?

Not saying that it will happen here, but the NCAA has often applied strict liability and forced schools to vacate wins with ineligible players. I'm pretty certain that's what happened with Camby and many others. The idea isn't so much that the school is punished, per se, but that the school is not able to benefit from the services of an ineligible player.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Not saying that it will happen here, but the NCAA has often applied strict liability and forced schools to vacate wins with ineligible players. I'm pretty certain that's what happened with Camby and many others. The idea isn't so much that the school is punished, per se, but that the school is not able to benefit from the services of an ineligible player.
Still don't understand the different scenarios huh? Not surprising.

Real talk though. Why is Avennati going after all these people?

Is he trying to deflect from his own scams?

Can’t deflect. I mean, he’s under investigation. Winning the public isn’t going to help his case.

I think it’s more of “If I’m going down, everyone is going down” kind of thing.

In this case, what has the player done to be ineligible?

Damn I don't understand why anyone thinks if you don't pay the player but pay the parents that it's ok.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Cam newton rule.

Players family takes money, he’s ineligible. That’s the way it is now.
And if they can prove that Duke knew his family recieved money and they can prove it was in return for Zion's commitment to Duke, then Duke should be held accountable. But literally the only thing that suggests that it directly involves Duke is because a proven liar who is in desperation mode simply mentions Duke. That and some tin foil hat Kentucky fans thinkthi that Nike is out to get Calipari.

Reactions: UNC71-00
Damn I don't understand why anyone thinks if you don't pay the player but pay the parents that it's ok.
If Nike paid Zion's mom and there are no emails or recording saying "Zion must go to Duke for you to receive these consulting fees", how do we not know he was just required to attend a Nike school? That seems like a logical explanation right?

ADVERTISEMENT