ADVERTISEMENT

Avenatti on Duke

sounds like the truth but with no proof ............the AAU guy probably heard about what happened .........but if this guy had a shred of proof he'd of shown it instead of "ask Zion's mother what happened"

Also, quite shocking that a Kansas fan would post this. I mean they were caught on tape trying to buy Zion's services. Lucky for both of us no banners will be lost by this shoe company bullshit.

Also, quite shocking that a Kansas fan would post this. I mean they were caught on tape trying to buy Zion's services. Lucky for both of us no banners will be lost by this shoe company bullshit.
Ahh the moral high ground deflection, classic brah!

Reactions: KUhawks34
Good point. Hopefully Cassius Winston took some money so Duke can be 0-3 against cheaters in the elite 8.

So...the attention is finally shifting to Nike and you still want to point fingers?

Sounds like you’re mad that paying the likes of Zion and Bagley didn’t pan out as expected.

So the Williamsons had already taken money from Nike when they were negotiating with an Adidas school? That's gangster yo.
This may come as a surprise, but I don’t fault anyone in this situation. I don’t care about quid pro quo’s and I wish Roy would dabble in it.

lol now he's claiming a nike exec paid over 100 players the last 4 years.....

That california AAU guy absolutely does not documents and proof on players he didnt have a hand in so this lawyer just throws in hearsay and conjecture like they are facts and evidence............. oh wait... he did that in the trump stuff too.. yep thats in his character.

lol now he's claiming a nike exec paid over 100 players the last 4 years.....

That california AAU guy absolutely does not documents and proof on players he didnt have a hand in so this lawyer just throws in hearsay and conjecture like they are facts and evidence............. oh wait... he did that in the trump stuff too.. yep thats in his character.

I agree there’s probably no documentation and a fair amount of this might be completely fabricated BS. But I’m not sure why that number would be surprising. Where was Bowen ranked? And DeSousa? Roughly 25/year wouldn’t be surprising assuming they didn’t have to pay 6 figures for each.

Edit to add: I agree this guy is a complete scumbag who has very little credibility.

If I recall correctly it was the Adidas rep stating what Zion’s family was asking for.

Welp, it’s not like they will have to take down banners.

This may come as a surprise, but I don’t fault anyone in this situation. I don’t care about quid pro quo’s and I wish Roy would dabble in it.

And why exactly do you assume that UNC is not involved? Because they have only a few OADs this year?

Well, that settles it. Everyone gets a finger wag and a stern talking to since Duke/K were allegedly involved. NCAA is already amending the bylaws, which will be retroactively enforced.

The bigger picture here in my opinion - how/why aren't other sponsored schools filling antitrust suits against Nike and Adidas. They were clearly stacking the deck against those schools by pushing the elite talent to a few. In Nike's case, it was Duke.

The bigger picture here in my opinion - how/why aren't other sponsored schools filling antitrust suits against Nike and Adidas. They were clearly stacking the deck against those schools by pushing the elite talent to a few. In Nike's case, it was Duke.
So Nike has been pushing recruits to Duke, but not Kentucky or any other Nike schools?

Kentucky should definitely sue Nike.

So Nike has been pushing recruits to Duke, but not Kentucky or any other Nike schools?
Yes. Clearly without a doubt. How else would you explain recruiting. UK fans knew something was going on when you started making us have the #2 recruiting class every year.

Side note, it is funny Duke can't get to the Final Four with a #1 recruiting class and UK can't seem to get there with the #2. You guys are ****ing it up for both of us.

Good point. Hopefully Cassius Winston took some money so Duke can be 0-3 against cheaters in the elite 8.

giphy.gif

The only thing quite shocking about a Kansas fan posting this is that you, a Duke fan, would find it quite shocking.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
So UK hasn't gotten any elite recruits?

Capel came there then suddenly in 2015 top 5 guys stopped. I've seen numerous mystery recruitment changes. However this is the reason people are focusing on Duke. The moral high ground they've put themselves to, from espn, Vitale, how the total media never focused on them making it feel like they were teflon

Reactions: catman111
I'm sure Zion was asking money to play at KU but totally changed his mind when Duke came calling and played for free.

Same with Uk as well. Even Cal said yesterday that he whiffed on Zion. So nice try dinkleberg.

Last edited:
Reactions: jace4655555
Elite recruits is what I said.
So Nike started paying players to go to a certain school after Kentucky went 38-1 with 10 5* players on the roster? Good to know that Nike has only been doing this for a few years and only to benefit Duke. Some of you guys licked windows on the short bus as a kid.

Reactions: jace4655555
So Nike started paying players to go to a certain school after Kentucky went 38-1 with 10 5* players on the roster? Good to know that Nike has only been doing this for a few years and only to benefit Duke. Some of you guys licked windows on the short bus as a kid.
Who on that roster was an elite recruit? Towns wasn't even top 5. The twins had to stay for a sophomore campaign. Devin Booker was a 4* recruit. That team was deep and talented with zero transcendent talent.

Also, it seems pretty obvious that Duke's recruiting soared to new heights in the past few years. Stevie Wonder can even see that.

Reactions: catman111

And some of us couldn't because our mom's made us wear a helmet. :(

Reactions: tw3301
Who on that roster was an elite recruit? Towns wasn't even top 5. The twins had to stay for a sophomore campaign. Devin Booker was a 4* recruit. That team was deep and talented with zero transcendent talent.

Also, it seems pretty obvious that Duke's recruiting soared to new heights in the past few years. Stevie Wonder can even see that.
The twins were considered elite coming in, KAT as well. I don't feel like looking too far into it but your definition of elite seems to be kids that went to Duke while Kentucky only got 3 top 10 kids each year. Duke's recruiting did pick up when they went in on OAD players, shocking that the constant roster turnover and availability of playing time helped out with recruiting. I really don't care because nothing will come of this, I guess this is a better excuse for you guys than coaching the Olympic team since Cal debunked that theory by coaching kids he was actually recruiting and missing on them.

The twins were considered elite coming in, KAT as well. I don't feel like looking too far into it but your definition of elite seems to be kids that went to Duke while Kentucky only got 3 top 10 kids each year. Duke's recruiting did pick up when they went in on OAD players, shocking that the constant roster turnover and availability of playing time helped out with recruiting. I really don't care because nothing will come of this, I guess this is a better excuse for you guys than coaching the Olympic team since Cal debunked that theory by coaching kids he was actually recruiting and missing on them.
Elite is top 5 in my book. Like the past few Duke rosters.

ADVERTISEMENT