ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn vs NCST

sgrooms

Jan 27, 2010
Auburn is a 1.5 favorite at NCST tonight.

Who ya got? Do you think it'll actually be a one possession game?

I'll be rooting for the ACC, but I think Auburn may be too much for them.

We haven’t really played well as of late, too much reliance on the 3 ball. Honestly I think NC State beats us tonight. We need to get Okeke, Wiley, and the other bigs more involved IMO.

Reactions: wrbchWolfPack81
Waiting for that “Best Backcourt in the Nation” to show up in Raleigh. Aub blowing my parlay against a very mediocre team.

Reactions: sgrooms
[QUOTE="rberger, post: 26589314, member: 33786"]Waiting for that “Best Backcourt in the Nation” to show up in Raleigh. Aub blowing my parlay against a very mediocre team.[/QUOTE]
Laughing

Gotta give Keatts credit. We don't have a ton of talent but they play hard. It's refreshing
Yeah, y'all looked like the #7 team, not Auburn.

Auburn, You embarrassed the SEC!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: kl40504
Nice dub for the Pack. We didn’t even play that well. I’m not saying Auburn had one of their better outings either but it was a nice close game for the most part. Best of luck to the tigers going forward. Those guards will certainly give lots of teams trouble.

Reactions: AWilli6995
Nice dub for the Pack. We didn’t even play that well. I’m not saying Auburn had one of their better outings either but it was a nice close game for the most part. Best of luck to the tigers going forward. Those guards will certainly give lots of teams trouble.
Honestly I thought y’all played pretty poor, which leads to me feeling uneasy about my tigers.

Denim said they wouldn’t even be challenged until the elite 8. If auburn isn’t draining 3s, they aren’t very good. And as much as I loved BP and his time at UT, I remember the sloppy aau style would always get us beat come tournament time.
Much more refreshing to have Barnes who teaches defense and valuing the basketball.

I don't know why everyone is surprised by this? I mean, I posted just last week that NC State has a top 10 backcourt. I didn't even include Braxton Beverly, Blake Harris, or Eric Lockett on my list; all three of those guys are very efficient. The depth that NC State has in the backcourt (3 legitimate point guards who could all start for top 25 teams) is about as good as it gets.

Best backcourts? This is probably wrong, but...

1. Virginia: DeAndre Hunter, Ty Jerome, Kyle Guy
2. Duke: RJ Barrett, Tre Jones, Cam Reddish
3. Michigan: Charles Matthews, Jordan Poole, Xavier Simpson
4. Auburn: Jared Harper, Bryce Brown, Dunbar/Doughty
5. Nevada: Caleb Martin, Cody Martin, Jazz Johnson
6. Mississippi State: Quindary Weatherspoon, Lamar Peters, Nick Weatherspoon, Tyson Carter
7. Virginia Tech: Nickeil Alexander-Walker, Justin Robinson, Ahmed Hill
8. Michigan State: Cassius Winston, Josh Langford
9. Gonzaga: Zach Norvell, Josh Perkins, Corey Kispert
10. NC State: Torin Dorn, CJ Bryce, Markell Johnson, Devon Daniels

A couple of interesting numbers here:

Auburn lost to Duke 78-72. And they lost to NC State 78-71.

47 combined turnovers between the two teams. Yuck. Neither team can play like this if they want to win more than 1 game in the tournament.

I don't know why everyone is surprised by this? I mean, I posted just last week that NC State has a top 10 backcourt. I didn't even include Braxton Beverly, Blake Harris, or Eric Lockett on my list; all three of those guys are very efficient. The depth that NC State has in the backcourt (3 legitimate point guards who could all start for top 25 teams) is about as good as it gets.

I think Beverly saw your post and got motivated. He's gone for 18 and 15 in his last two games.

Kevin Keats has changed the mentality of this program. Just shows the difference that a good coach can make at this level. Good win against an average looking AU team. Teams will struggle with NCSU because of all of the pressure they can cause with a deep rotation. Teams this year have struggled down the stretch against them, potentially due to fatigue.

Kevin Keats has changed the mentality of this program. Just shows the difference that a good coach can make at this level. Good win against an average looking AU team. Teams will struggle with NCSU because of all of the pressure they can cause with a deep rotation. Teams this year have struggled down the stretch against them, potentially due to fatigue.
If you want to beat the Pack you better be running suicides..,

Reactions: PackFan16
ADVERTISEMENT