ADVERTISEMENT

At this point, you cant deny that UConn is blue blood already

If UConn is in a FF and no other blueblood is there, the numbers are going to show that, check the last 2 years.

Check the numbers when UK, KU, UNC and duke are in the FF/title game, the numbers don't compare.

Gotcha and agreed -- really need at least two BBs to be in to drive ratings (and a close game). Thanks for clarifying.

Just curious, how would you explain TT/UVA in 2019 outdrawing UNC vs KU in 2022?

Last edited:
Reactions: AWilli6995
What facts ? The one where by your logic UVA and Texas Tech are bigger draws than UK and KU? I'm not sure if you know what a fact is , but that's certainly not one.

And why would I be upset that you do not understand something so simple? That's not my problem -- it's yours. It'll be ok. Maybe just take a basic math course -- typically that can help in many different areas of life.
Sorry both UConn championships were the least watched in men's history. Must be an annoying fact.

Second, I have no idea what you are talking about when you reference UK. Any champ game UK has been in has been well above 20 million viewers. UVA and TT were below 20 million.

I will keep providing facts, you can keep being angry.

If someone were to offer a bet that UConn won't win another title in the next 5 years, how many UConn fans here take it?

Must be an annoying fact.

Nah.

436547425_844432501059797_3246681683657378110_n.jpg

Sorry both UConn championships were the least watched in men's history. Must be an annoying fact.

Second, I have no idea what you are talking about when you reference UK. Any champ game UK has been in has been well above 20 million viewers. UVA and TT were below 20 million.

I will keep providing facts, you can keep being angry.

I am not arguing that. I'm saying that doesn't reflect UConn's draw because the games were over early and they were against two opponets that have zero draw.

"Second, I have no idea what you are talking about when you reference UK. Any champ game UK has been in has been well above 20 million viewers. UVA and TT were below 20 million."

See the link below -- I did mistype -- I meant TT/UVA in 2019 had more viewers that KU vs UNC in 2022. My apologies. But my point is that based on this fact, you can't just conclude that TT/UVA is a bigger draw than KU and UNC are..... correct ?

OR that Wisconsin is a bigger draw than UK because in 2015 28 million people watched their title game against Duke vs 21 million people for the 2012 UK KU title game. Right ? That's not what you are saying , correct?

"I will keep providing facts, you can keep being angry."

Look, I don't mean to upset you by telling you that I am not bothered in the least by some random internet poster, but I would encourage you to read and comprehend as I do not prefer repeating myself, even for the simple minded.

https://www.sportico.com/business/m...mpionship-ratings-up-below-womens-1234774655/

I'm not referring to you, I am referring to the other UConn fan who is clearly upset by the factual numbers. Congrats on going back to back, super tough in this era!!

Why do you keep saying I am upset ? lol.... are you normally this consistently off the mark?

How much would you bet?

$100 at 3-1 odds that UConn will win a title within the next 5 years. The odds are for statistics on repeat champions over the last 50 years -- no repeat champion has won another title within five years. Take it or leave it.

$100 at 3-1 odds that UConn will win a title within the next 5 years. The odds are for statistics on repeat champions over the last 50 years -- no repeat champion has won another title within five years. Take it or leave it.

Interesting bet but with NIL and the transfer portal you can build a contender very quick. It wouldn't surprise if you guys won another title within that time frame but there''s other teams that can go back to back with the current rules.

Interesting bet but with NIL and the transfer portal you can build a contender very quick. It wouldn't surprise if you guys won another title within that time frame but there''s other teams that can go back to back with the current rules.

Fair comment but there has to be some adjustment for probability based upon historical metrics and I believe 3-1 is fair -- really, those odds should be higher.

Reactions: AWilli6995
We were comparing how difficult it is to win a title then to how difficult it is to win a title today. The achievement is still great...just an easier path at the time.
Bull shit.

It is no more difficult today, I think that it is easier.

Back in the day only the conference winner went to the NCAA. Now many conferences send 7 or 8 teams that lost in the conference. The tourney was not seeded. You played in geographical regions.

I suggest that the 1978 win by UK and the 1979 win by Mich St. were far harder then to win than what we see now.

The old structure where the mid-east included the two best basketball conferences were far harder than today. To get to the final four the Big Ten and the SEC had to go through the same region along with the best "independents".

Last edited:
People who call it like it is tend to get that.

You can call them one of the top teams of the modern era, maybe even best team of the last 20+ years, but you can't put them above any of the bluebloods in all-time ranking.

UConn had like two tourney wins in the first 75 years of their existence. Missed the tourney 20 times in 22 years from the late 60s to late 80s. One tourney win in the last decade before this year. Losing record in 25% of their seasons.

Does that read like blueblood material to you?
6>4

I find it amusing that a KU fan is so insecure about UConn, though it’s understandable since what make Uconn a blue blood are exactly the opposite of what make KU a blue blood. It must also hurt that a program that is supposedly blue blood has so few titles, so jealousy can get in the way too. Of course everyone would trade all those meaningless regular season wins with 1-2 more national titles, especially when it comes to titles in the modern era.

I find it amusing that a KU fan is so insecure about UConn, though it’s understandable since what make Uconn a blue blood are exactly the opposite of what make KU a blue blood. It must also hurt that a program that is supposedly blue blood has so few titles, so jealousy can get in the way too. Of course everyone would trade all those meaningless regular season wins with 1-2 more national titles, especially when it comes to titles in the modern era.

I think “insecure” would better describe the fans sniffing out every perceived slight against their program.

I find it amusing that a Duke fan spends every day rambling about tourney chokes. You do realize that Duke has one more title than KU, right? Despite all the talent in the world the last 30+ years. No team has underachieved more in the last decade plus.

I think “insecure” would better describe the fans sniffing out every perceived slight against their program.

I find it amusing that a Duke fan spends every day rambling about tourney chokes. You do realize that Duke has one more title than KU, right? Despite all the talent in the world the last 30+ years. No team has underachieved more in the last decade plus.
Man, I find it amusing how you assume I am a Duke fan and keep trying to attack Duke basketball each time I bring up some unpleasant facts about KU that you don’t want to hear. You can think whatever, though I must say that it’s a lot better to be labeled a Duke fan than KU fan. Duke has been one of the two best programs in last 40 years in terms of tournament success, bringing joy to their fans on a consistent base. KU on the other hand, seems to underperform in March no matter who is/was the head coach. I’d feel embarrassed on this board if my team chokes as much as KU. There’s such thing called championship DNA, which UConn and Duke have, but KU doesn’t.

Man, I find it amusing how you assume I am a Duke fan and keep trying to attack Duke basketball each time I bring up some unpleasant facts about KU that you don’t want to hear. You can think whatever, though I must say that it’s a lot better to be labeled a Duke fan than KU fan. Duke has been one of the two best programs in last 40 years in terms of tournament success, bringing joy to their fans on a consistent base. KU on the other hand, seems to underperform in March no matter who is/was the head coach. I’d feel embarrassed on this board if my team chokes as much as KU. There’s such thing called championship DNA, which UConn and Duke have, but KU doesn’t.

A couple of years ago you were all up k's ass so if you're not a duke fan, who do you root for?

LOL. You were outed as a Duke fan a long time ago. If not Duke, what's your team?

Duke has one more title despite far more talent over the last 30+ years. Do you know what underperform means?

Lehigh, Mercer, VCU, Eastern Michigan, Zion failing to reach the Final 4, the ridiculously loaded '99 team....I also remember KU bouncing a far more talented Duke team in their most recent tourney game. Duke's underperformed as much or more than any.

Duke gets their pick of the litter and only has one more title than a program that chokes all the time, according to you. Yet you argue they've killed it. Makes sense!

LOL. You were outed as a Duke fan a long time ago. If not Duke, what's your team?

Duke has one more title despite far more talent over the last 30+ years. Do you know what underperform means?

Lehigh, Mercer, VCU, Eastern Michigan, Zion failing to reach the Final 4, the ridiculously loaded '99 team....I also remember KU bouncing a far more talented Duke team in their most recent tourney game. Duke's underperformed as much or more than any.

Duke gets their pick of the litter and only has one more title than a program that chokes all the time, according to you. Yet you argue they've killed it. Makes sense!

I asked him several times who he roots for, his reply is the 05 and 09 titles will be wiped away. His deflection skills need some work.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
I asked him several times who he roots for, his reply is the 05 and 09 titles will be wiped away. His deflection skills need some work.

He's probably one of those bandwagoners who "likes" Duke but went to some school that hasn't won anything. There’s obviously a reason he won’t tell anybody who he’s a fan of.

Last edited:
In the last 20 years alone, Duke has 32 1st round picks compared to 18 for KU. 15 top ten picks vs 5. Gets even more lopsided in the last decade, with 30 total draft picks vs 13.

In that span, both teams have two titles, and KU has more tourney wins, plus the consensus #1 team in the Covid year.

According to schmuckface, KU's the team that's underperformed more. Good call. 🤣

Lol no.

3 losing seasons in the past 7. A 2 year probation in the past 5. Vacated wins in 1996, 2017, and 2018.

They are a fabrication and a fraud

• Haha
Reactions: Deepelm
ADVERTISEMENT