ADVERTISEMENT

Rank the uniforms of the blue bloods

What the crap do you mean by honk?
@della better be SEC strong, she is defending her most hated rival.

il_fullxfull.2954955901_j3ub.jpg
A fan that goes about the conference all the time. Honking up the conference. In the fact that UT and UK are in the same conference it is safe to say I don't honk up UK.

Reactions: cdbearde
Nah. I consider being the reigning national champs a triumph.

Let me guess…you’re not a conference honk because you hate Kentucky and Bama, right? Everyone “hates” conference rivals. You treat a win in the Big 12/SEC Challenge like a national championship.

SEC fans are all conference honks. You all want validation from the basketball world.
I would consider that as a triumph for ya too. However, I take issue when someone thinks that triumph has a shelf life beyond a year. Some of y'all (BB) think because you won big in the past you're elite. I think you're elite if your team is actually elite.

I'm not a conference honk in the fact that I am just for UT and what is good for UT. I'm not saying I hate the SEC, but I'm usually against our conference rivals.

I like to enjoy the ride. I enjoy wins and especially over big opponents. I want to beat a rival more than I want to beat someone I'm indifferent to. The post season is just gravy. I enjoy the entire season.

Example: UT football just finished a great season 11-2. I way more enjoyed beating bama in Knoxville than Clemson in the New Year 6 Orange Bowl.

I would consider that as a triumph for ya too. However, I take issue when someone thinks that triumph has a shelf life beyond a year. Some of y'all (BB) think because you won big in the past you're elite. I think you're elite if your team is actually elite.

I'm not a conference honk in the fact that I am just for UT and what is good for UT. I'm not saying I hate the SEC, but I'm usually against our conference rivals.

I like to enjoy the ride. I enjoy wins and especially over big opponents. I want to beat a rival more than I want to beat someone I'm indifferent to. The post season is just gravy. I enjoy the entire season.

Example: UT football just finished a great season 11-2. I way more enjoyed beating bama in Knoxville than Clemson in the New Year 6 Orange Bowl.

I’m willing to bet that you root for every single SEC team but Kentucky in out of conference games. You bragged about winning the SEC-Big 12 Challenge for months afterward.

Look, we get it. You change your criteria to whatever benefits you most at that moment. We all know the drill. But do you actually expect us to buy that winning a title would just be “gravy?” That’s a serious obsession you’ve got with Kentucky if splitting with them in the regular season means more to you than winning it all. 🤣 Especially considering they haven’t even been great.

I like to enjoy the ride too. I enjoyed all of last season. I enjoyed the entire tourney in March and being crowned national champs. I enjoyed the offseason. I’ve enjoyed the start of this season and being top 5 by basically every metric. I enjoy winning the Big 12 almost every year.

And as for Tennessee’s bowl win, of course it shouldn’t mean that much to you, by your own criteria. They didn’t even make the “final four.”

I’m willing to bet that you root for every single SEC team but Kentucky in out of conference games. You bragged about winning the SEC-Big 12 Challenge for months afterward.

Look, we get it. You change your criteria to whatever benefits you most at that moment. We all know the drill. But do you actually expect us to buy that winning a title would just be “gravy?” That’s a serious obsession you’ve got with Kentucky if splitting with them in the regular season means more to you than winning it all. 🤣 Especially considering they haven’t even been great.

I like to enjoy the ride too. I enjoyed all of last season. I enjoyed the entire tourney in March and being crowned national champs. I enjoyed the offseason. I’ve enjoyed the start of this season and being top 5 by basically every metric. I enjoy winning the Big 12 almost every year.

And as for Tennessee’s bowl win, of course it shouldn’t mean that much to you, by your own criteria. They didn’t even make the “final four.”
You'd lose that bet and your wife would probably kick your ass for squandering y'all's money that way.

My criteria is what it is and is not subject to your criteria. My criteria allows me to enjoy the season. If you can't take pleasure from winning games what's the point? A Championship would be great, but how often is that going to happen even for a top tier program? That is a strategy for being miserable most of the time. Title or FF or bust is an obsession for stupid if nothing else matters.

You're not paying attention, FF's are no big deal to me.

You'd lose that bet and your wife would probably kick your ass for squandering y'all's money that way.

My criteria is what it is and is not subject to your criteria. My criteria allows me to enjoy the season. If you can't take pleasure from winning games what's the point? A Championship would be great, but how often is that going to happen even for a top tier program? That is a strategy for being miserable most of the time. Title or FF or bust is an obsession for stupid if nothing else matters.

You're not paying attention, FF's are no big deal to me.

Apparently you're the one who isn't paying attention. I said I enjoy it all. And KU delivers it all. More frequent national titles would be nice, but that's asking a lot, even of a great coach.

I don't think anyone has tried to tell you what you should or shouldn't enjoy. It's you who informs us daily that final fours aren't an accomplishment and nothing matters but what's happening at this very moment.

We all know that you'd run screaming through your neighborhood naked if Tennessee won a national title. And you'd talk about it for the rest of your life. Don't you think it's a little petty to try to rain on everybody else's parade? We all know why you downplay tourney success. What's weird is that you seem to actually expect people to agree with you.

Do you do this for football too? Do you tell Alabama fans that no one cares about their past and all that matters is that UT beat them this year? They'd probably die laughing.

It seems to always be SEC fans that have this weird chip on their shoulders in regard to the "bluebloods." AuHoosier and the other Auburn bandwagoners, the Bama fans, Tennessee fans, Arkansas, etc. Most of which appear only during successful periods and disappear as soon as the success starts to dwindle. They tell us all about how they deserve more respect than fans who have actually followed their program closely for a lifetime and watched every minute of every game. Pretty hilarious.

Blueblood fans carry this sport. The rest are here today, gone tomorrow. And even during your periods of greatest success, the size/enthusiasm of your basketball fanbase doesn't compare.

I'm not lumping you in with the other bandwagoners, BUT....like I said before, your activity here has definitely increased dramatically over the last couple years.

Apparently you're the one who isn't paying attention. I said I enjoy it all. And KU delivers it all. More frequent national titles would be nice, but that's asking a lot, even of a great coach.

I don't think anyone has tried to tell you what you should or shouldn't enjoy. It's you who informs us daily that final fours aren't an accomplishment and nothing matters but what's happening at this very moment.

We all know that you'd run screaming through your neighborhood naked if Tennessee won a national title. And you'd talk about it for the rest of your life. Don't you think it's a little petty to try to rain on everybody else's parade? We all know why you downplay tourney success. What's weird is that you seem to actually expect people to agree with you.

Do you do this for football too? Do you tell Alabama fans that no one cares about their past and all that matters is that UT beat them this year? They'd probably die laughing.

It seems to always be SEC fans that have this weird chip on their shoulders in regard to the "bluebloods." AuHoosier and the other Auburn bandwagoners, the Bama fans, Tennessee fans, Arkansas, etc. Most of which appear only during successful periods and disappear as soon as the success starts to dwindle. They tell us all about how they deserve more respect than fans who have actually followed their program closely for a lifetime and watched every minute of every game. Pretty hilarious.

Blueblood fans carry this sport. The rest are here today, gone tomorrow. And even during your periods of greatest success, the size/enthusiasm of your basketball fanbase doesn't compare.

I'm not lumping you in with the other bandwagoners, BUT....like I said before, your activity here has definitely increased dramatically over the last couple years.
Folks have frequently spoken as to what's important and that is the same as telling you what to enjoy. What's important to one may not be important to others.

The notion you're peddling that I don't want a national title is based on fantasy. It is really a ball in the dirt and no point in swinging at it.

I don't have to tell the bammers about the status of their past. They don't wear it like a needy shield like BB's here do. We beat them this year finally and they basically were just "good game della". They even complimented me for being a long suffering fan. I think they were kinda glad to get the monkey off their backs too. Winning all the time has it's disadvantages believe it or not.

BB's here are about the biggest entitled whiny group of fans in sports. The notion that you can past date wins and apply it to the here and now is absurd.😆

It is a good thing you're not lumping me into Bandwagon fans. I have been on rivals for a long time. I have given the bammers hell for 15 straight years of humiliating ass kickings. This Orange don't run.

For all the bragging of CBB BB's on how great and loyal they are they are scarcer than hen's teeth on the CFB board. 😆 Coincidence with their weak ass CFB records? Yeah, I think so.

Having said all that, as a BB fan goes you are one of the least arrogant and that is why I'm fond of you.🙂

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Folks have frequently spoken as to what's important and that is the same as telling you what to enjoy. What's important to one may not be important to others.

The notion you're peddling that I don't want a national title is based on fantasy. It is really a ball in the dirt and no point in swinging at it.

I don't have to tell the bammers about the status of their past. They don't wear it like a needy shield like BB's here do. We beat them this year finally and they basically were just "good game della". They even complimented me for being a long suffering fan. I think they were kinda glad to get the monkey off their backs too. Winning all the time has it's disadvantages believe it or not.

BB's here are about the biggest entitled whiny group of fans in sports. The notion that you can past date wins and apply it to the here and now is absurd.😆

It is a good thing you're not lumping me into Bandwagon fans. I have been on rivals for a long time. I have given the bammers hell for 15 straight years of humiliating ass kickings. This Orange don't run.

For all the bragging of CBB BB's on how great and loyal they are they are scarcer than hen's teeth on the CFB board. 😆 Coincidence with their weak ass CFB records? Yeah, I think so.

Having said all that, as a BB fan goes you are one of the least arrogant and that is why I'm fond of you.🙂

To me, it's silly that blueblood fans are grouped together like a fraternity. Very few of them root for the other bluebloods. If Tennessee is playing Kentucky, I'm pulling for Tennessee with no hesitation. Can't remember a time that I rooted for Duke to beat anyone. And you'll definitely never find a Kentucky fan pulling for any of the other bluebloods.

Your generalizations about "blueblood fans" seem like they should be aimed at Kentucky fans.

And I don't doubt that you've had a consistent presence on football boards. Every SEC school but Kentucky is all about football, and that's been ingrained in you from day one. I was just referring to b-ball. Can you say that you've been obsessed with UT basketball throughout your entire life? Probably not, but I can say that I've been obsessed with KU b-ball as long as I can remember. Which is why it cracks me up when somebody like AuHoosier appears every time Auburn wins a few games to tell all the dedicated fans that they suck, and then vanishes at the first sign of adversity.

As for football, I wouldn't say that I'm a fairweather fan, but did I follow the football team as closely as basketball the last decade? Hell no. I'm not a masochist. They were the worst P5 team in the country during that time. But give our fanbase just a little bit to work with, and we're there. KU fans are hyped about the football program right now, and the team just finished 6-7. But you'll never find me invading CFB boards to tell the blueblood fans that they suck and their past accomplishments don't matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: AWilli6995
To me, it's silly that blueblood fans are grouped together like a fraternity. Very few of them root for the other bluebloods. If Tennessee is playing Kentucky, I'm pulling for Tennessee with no hesitation. Can't remember a time that I rooted for Duke to beat anyone. And you'll definitely never find a Kentucky fan pulling for any of the other bluebloods.

Your generalizations about "blueblood fans" seem like they should be aimed at Kentucky fans.

And I don't doubt that you've had a consistent presence on football boards. Every SEC school but Kentucky is all about football, and that's been ingrained in you from day one. I was just referring to b-ball. Can you say that you've been obsessed with UT basketball throughout your entire life? Probably not, but I can say that I've been obsessed with KU b-ball as long as I can remember. Which is why it cracks me up when somebody like AuHoosier appears every time Auburn wins a few games to tell all the dedicated fans that they suck, and then vanishes at the first sign of adversity.

As for football, I wouldn't say that I'm a fairweather fan, but did I follow the football team as closely as basketball the last decade? Hell no. I'm not a masochist. They were the worst P5 team in the country during that time. But give our fanbase just a little bit to work with, and we're there. KU fans are hyped about the football program right now, and the team just finished 6-7. But you'll never find me invading CFB boards to tell the blueblood fans that they suck and their past accomplishments don't matter.
Y'all promote that fraternity. It is witnessed by all the BB threads.

If I aimed it at UK fans I would be opening myself up to every tom cat around going defcon 1. I don't like to brag, but I have above average intelligence.

I have been obsessed with UT sports since I was a kid. You had to be in my family. You can throw in highschool and the ladyVols.

You need to understand that I am a counter puncher. When I pen a thread about Barnes or UT here come all the insults, that is when I let the leather fly, not before.

Reactions: Ikibari
Y'all promote that fraternity. It is witnessed by all the BB threads.

If I aimed it at UK fans I would be opening myself up to every tom cat around going defcon 1. I don't like to brag, but I have above average intelligence.

I have been obsessed with UT sports since I was a kid. You had to be in my family. You can throw in highschool and the ladyVols.

You need to understand that I am a counter puncher. When I pen a thread about Barnes or UT here come all the insults, that is when I let the leather fly, not before.

Fake news. The only somewhat recent threads I see about bluebloods were the two started by the DePaul fan, and the “who is the worst blueblood” thread by Random. When I search for thread titles that include “blueblood,” they’re all football-related other than those.

Fake news. The only somewhat recent threads I see about bluebloods were the two started by the DePaul fan, and the “who is the worst blueblood” thread by Random. When I search for thread titles that include “blueblood,” they’re all football-related other than those.
You are wrong, but at least you’re consistent.

Okay, prove me wrong. Where are all these threads about bluebloods (minus those created by Kentucky fans or non-blueblood fans)?
I have successfully smit them. You’re welcome.

So they don’t exist, but I’m wrong? Okey dokie.
You're wrong cause you attempt to shift the conversation. Since I don't really care about the conversation and I'm fond of you I don't care to move it back on course.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Going with the traditional known bluebloods, how do you rank their uniforms?

I've got it like this....

1. UNC: Nothing really need to be said here. You'd have to be blind to not have them at #1

2. UCLA: Love the light blue and yellow combo and the classic large Font

3. Kansas: The blue pops and I find the font to be pretentious, but pretentious works when you are a Blue Blood.

4. Duke: The blue is nicer than the blue lower on this poll.

5. Indiana: Very plain and boring, but i give them bonus points for the candy striper warm up pants.

6. Kentucky: Also very plain and boring. The checkering on the side isn't bad, but that's about the only part I like. Something about the hue o Kentucky's blue is unappealing compared to the blue used for the teams above.
Majority BB blue bloods have blue color uniform.

It's all about the name brand/recognition.

If people started treating present day Indiana basketball like present day Nebraska football, they'd die a pretty quick death. @IUfanBorden
just for giggles I was gonna say something negative about Iowa, but then I decided against it on the off chance that Pat McCaffrey reads this board and my post causes him to kill himself.

Going with the traditional known bluebloods, how do you rank their uniforms?

I've got it like this....

1. UNC: Nothing really need to be said here. You'd have to be blind to not have them at #1

2. UCLA: Love the light blue and yellow combo and the classic large Font

3. Kansas: The blue pops and I find the font to be pretentious, but pretentious works when you are a Blue Blood.

4. Duke: The blue is nicer than the blue lower on this poll.

5. Indiana: Very plain and boring, but i give them bonus points for the candy striper warm up pants.

6. Kentucky: Also very plain and boring. The checkering on the side isn't bad, but that's about the only part I like. Something about the hue o Kentucky's blue is unappealing compared to the blue used for the teams above.
Unc: Best uniform is sports
Kansas: Old school lettering
UCLA: Color scheme
Dook: Modern look
UK: Too many variations over years.

IU is NOT a Blueblood anymore

ADVERTISEMENT