ADVERTISEMENT

At this point, you cant deny that UConn is blue blood already

Exactly. Kansas has a turd in their pocket. They were counting HELMS titles just a couple years ago so they could try and act Blue Blood, lol

They want to belong SO bad

Wee Man tries so hard. 🤣 😂

Weird I have seen UK, UCLA, MSU, Iowa fans besides UConn fans agreeing with me, a few seem undecided, while there’s only one UNC fan who appeared to take your side. 90% of analysts? More like 10% if you ask me, and I wonder why you sound so sour and insecure.

LOL. I don't see one person saying "yes, they are a blueblood." Bert may have just agreed, but it wouldn't be his first foolish take.

So who are all these analysts you're referring to?

• Haha
Reactions: jhmossy
LOL. I don't see one person saying "yes, they are a blueblood." Bert may have just agreed, but it wouldn't be his first foolish take.

So who are all these analysts you're referring to?
A few of them made it enough obvious, do they have to explain to you like you are 5? Strangely enough there’s only one UNC fan who clearly on your side, while you act like it’s 90% of analyst and claim no one agrees with me. That’s double standard bro, it’s evident that there are more people who agree with UConn being blueblood than not. If you insist that 90% analysts who think otherwise, it’s you who need to back up your claim by evidence, which you have consistently failed to address.

It’s not just coach K though, CBS also wrote an article welcoming UConn to blue blood:

And if it ain’t enough, the NCAA official website has recognized their blue blood status:

I can see why insecure KU fans are trying their hardest to deny, after all this is a program which has achieved more than what KU did with just 25 years of relevance. Considering KU’s history of choking in March with different coaches, I can see how sour you are. There’s such a thing called championship DNA, which all blue blood programs possess except for KU.

Last edited:
A few of them made it enough obvious, do they have to explain to you like you are 5? Strangely enough there’s only one UNC fan who clearly on your side, while you act like it’s 90% of analyst and claim no one agrees with me. That’s double standard bro, it’s evident that there are more people who agree with UConn being blueblood than not. If you insist that 90% analysts who think otherwise, it’s you who need to back up your claim by evidence, which you have consistently failed to address.

It’s not just coach K though, CBS also wrote an article welcoming UConn to blue blood:

And if it ain’t enough, the NCAA official website has recognized their blue blood status:

I can see why insecure KU fans are trying their hardest to deny, after all this is a program which has achieved more than what KU did with just 25 years of relevance. Considering KU’s history of choking in March with different coaches, I can see how sour you are. There’s such a thing called championship DNA, which all blue blood programs possess except for KU.
Cool. Two sportswriters agree. That or they’re looking for a few more clicks. I stand by the opinion that the vast majority who know the facts won’t agree.

As for the championship thing….this is just dumb as hell. So a bunch of teams with 1 more title than KU have “championship DNA” while KU doesn’t. Got it. Apparently the magic number for achieving championship DNA is 5 titles. Congratulations on developing championship MFin DNA last night, UConn!! Sunday, you were bums…but today you are royalty! 😂

If KU gets a clean entry pass to Wilt on the final play in a 1 point loss in 3 OT in 1957, KU is tied with UNC with 5 titles and we too would have championship DNA! 🤣

****ing clown show.

Cool. Two sportswriters agree. That or they’re looking for a few more clicks. I stand by the opinion that the vast majority who know the facts won’t agree.

As for the championship thing….this is just dumb as hell. So a bunch of teams with 1 more title than KU have “championship DNA” while KU doesn’t. Got it. Apparently the magic number for achieving championship DNA is 5 titles. Congratulations on developing championship MFin DNA last night, UConn!! Sunday, you were bums…but today you are royalty! 😂

If KU gets a clean entry pass to Wilt on the final play in a 1 point loss in 3 OT in 1957, KU is tied with UNC with 5 titles and we too would have championship DNA! 🤣

****ing clown show.
Man you just cant accept defeat, can you? I didnt really try digging up more articles, just searched on google and found 2 within 1 minute, I can easily find more. Now it is your time to back up your claim of 90% analysts would agree with you, and where is your evidence? There must be at least 18 analysts who are on your side? Oh yeah, everyone who doesnt agree with you is just 'looking for a few more clicks', amazing logic. Apparently if you reject or ignore all the evidence going against your way, then you must always be right, just like people who firmly believe in conspiracy. Whats the point of discussion at all if your mindset is like this? Perhaps the one whos been looking for clicks/attention, is you after all, and you are not very good at it.

And yup there's such a thing called championship DNA. Among all the blueblood teams, KU is the one and only which consistently chokes on the biggest stage of college basketball. I aint saying that no one else chokes at the tournament, almost everyone does at least occasionally, but KU just chokes at another level. Roy Williams, Bill Self, and then your interim coach, every coach struggles at KU in March. Roy Williams has proved to be an amazing tournament coach at UNC, I am curious if Bill Self would've done much better at a school like UNC or Duke as well. Maybe its not the coach, its KU itself, a cursed program which fails to win as many titles as other blue blood programs, despite always been blessed with elite coaches and superior talents.

Last edited:
Man you just cant accept defeat, can you? I didnt really try digging up more articles, just searched on google and found 2 within 1 minute, I can easily find more. Now it is your time to back up your claim of 90% analysts would agree with you, and where is your evidence? There must be at least 18 analysts who are on your side? Oh yeah, everyone who doesnt agree with you is just 'looking for a few more clicks', amazing logic. Apparently if you reject or ignore all the evidence going against your way, then you must always be right, just like people who firmly believe in conspiracy. Whats the point of discussion at all if your mindset is like this? Perhaps the one whos been looking for clicks/attention, is you after all, and you are not very good at it.

And yup there's such a thing called championship DNA. Among all the blueblood teams, KU is the one and only which consistently chokes on the biggest stage of college basketball. I aint saying that no one else chokes at the tournament, almost everyone does at least occasionally, but KU just chokes at another level. Roy Williams, Bill Self, and then your interim coach, every coach struggles at KU in March. Roy Williams has proved to be an amazing tournament coach at UNC, I am curious if Bill Self would've done much better at a school like UNC or Duke as well. Maybe its not the coach, its KU itself, a cursed program which fails to win as many titles as other blue blood programs, despite always been blessed with elite coaches and superior talents.

Like I said, by your logic, UConn just developed Championship DNA a few nights ago, since your arbitrary number is 5 titles. See how dumb this is? No, of course you don't. After all, I'm talking to somebody who believes in the magical powers of "championship DNA." Btw, how'd you determine that 5 is the magic number? Did a committee deliberate on this?

Again, the difference between KU and UNC in titles is literally a single basket in the 3rd OT in the '50s. ONE basket away from possessing championship DNA! Damn the luck.

So if KU wins it next year, they'll have finally developed championship DNA after 125 years?

Also, is championship DNA something that you can lose and regain? What happened to UConn's the previous 8 years? Imagine being sold that you now have Championship DNA, only to post three losing seasons in a row and lose to 12 seeds in the first round. Guess they reversed their DNA damage this year.

Carry on with your stupidity. It's good for a laugh. 🤣

Last edited:
Like I said, by your logic, UConn just developed Championship DNA a few nights ago, since your arbitrary number is 5 titles. See how dumb this is? No, of course you don't. After all, I'm talking to somebody who believes in the magical powers of "championship DNA." Btw, how'd you determine that 5 is the magic number? Did a committee deliberate on this?

Again, the difference between KU and UNC in titles is literally a single basket in the 3rd OT in the '50s. ONE basket away from possessing championship DNA! Damn the luck.

So if KU wins it next year, they'll have finally developed championship DNA after 125 years?

Also, is championship DNA something that you can lose and regain? What happened to UConn's the previous 8 years? Imagine being sold that you now have Championship DNA, only to post three losing seasons in a row and lose to 12 seeds in the first round. Guess they reversed their DNA damage this year.

Carry on with your stupidity. It's good for a laugh. 🤣
Man, I love the fact that you were trying to avoid the discussion of '90% of analysts agree with you', I suppose you realize the foolishness of your claim and how challenging it is to find at least 18 writers or journalists who disagree with this. Its a losing game for you, better just admit you were wrong and deal with it.

And nope, Championship DNA is such a thing that you either have it or not, you dont magically gain this thing by winning a couple of titles. KU won it last year and choked again this year, nothing much has changed. Same with Virginia, winning in 2019 didnt change a thing. Why was UConn always there to capitalize when major upsets happened and they had a good shot winning the title(2011, 2014 and 2023)? Why Gonzaga just couldnt win the title despite being a good team making deep tournament runs from time to time? It is this championship DNA, you may think it is luck, but luck doesnt win them 3 titles within 12 years. Its a good measure of how many times you win compared to how many times you have a team capable of winning.

KU had a very clear path to the title in 2011, they could've been to the title game without playing any teams seeded lower than 8, and they choked against VCU in elite 8. A team with championship DNA would never have done that, theres a reason why KU consistently chokes in the tournament. Roy Williams choked at KU, Bill Self choked at KU, and then the interim coach also choked at KU, I guess theres something about KU that every coach turns into choke artist. Theres a reason why KU has the fewest titles among blue blood programs. and to think a KU fan is the biggest advocate against UConn in Blue Blood is quite ironic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Erock-conn
Man, I love the fact that you were trying to avoid the discussion of '90% of analysts agree with you', I suppose you realize the foolishness of your claim and how challenging it is to find at least 18 writers or journalists who disagree with this. Its a losing game for you, better just admit you were wrong and deal with it.

And nope, Championship DNA is such a thing that you either have it or not, you dont magically gain this thing by winning a couple of titles. KU won it last year and choked again this year, nothing much has changed. Same with Virginia, winning in 2019 didnt change a thing. Why was UConn always there to capitalize when major upsets happened and they had a good shot winning the title(2011, 2014 and 2023)? Why Gonzaga just couldnt win the title despite being a good team making deep tournament runs from time to time? It is this championship DNA, you may think it is luck, but luck doesnt win them 3 titles within 12 years. Its a good measure of how many times you win compared to how many times you have a team capable of winning.

KU had a very clear path to the title in 2011, they could've been to the title game without playing any teams seeded lower than 8, and they choked against VCU in elite 8. A team with championship DNA would never have done that, theres a reason why KU consistently chokes in the tournament. Roy Williams choked at KU, Bill Self choked at KU, and then the interim coach also choked at KU, I guess theres something about KU that every coach turns into choke artist. Theres a reason why KU has the fewest titles among blue blood programs. and to think a KU fan is the biggest advocate against UConn in Blue Blood is quite ironic.

Perhaps the biggest element of support of this is the fact that kansas choked when they had Roy Williams, and UNC did not.

You're right about one thing…it would be hard to find a bunch of pieces titled "UConn is still not a blueblood." Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that you're likely to find a few more of the opposite, especially right after the title game. And has it occurred to you that ESPN is located extremely close to the UConn campus? Or that one of your two examples happened to be the guy who interviewed Hurley immediately after the game? Shocking that he wrote a highly complimentary piece. Even if your sources were completely unbiased, you still wouldn’t have proven a thing. You’d have to poll every analyst out there to “prove” me wrong.

Remember, your take was "you can't deny that UConn is a blue blood." My take is yeah, you obviously can and many will. If you'd just said "UConn is arguably a blueblood," I don't think anybody would've had an issue with it. You knew exactly what your clickbait title would lead to, then you act shocked when you get the expected reaction.

Frankly, I can't believe you're still going on about the championship DNA thing. I kinda thought you were kidding. Now I can see that's not the case. You actually do believe in inherent magical abilities contained within certain walls that give certain teams better odds of winning national titles. Do we need to sit you down to break the news that the Easter bunny isn't real? 🤣

You say that a team with "championship DNA" wouldn't have lost to VCU. Would they lose to Mercer or Lehigh in the first round instead? Or maybe miss the tourney altogether? Why'd it take a team that possesses championship DNA 100 years to win its first? You didn't really think it through, did you?

Seems to me you might need "championship DNA" to win a title as a 6 seed vs a team that had beaten you three times that season. Or to win the only all 1 seed final four in history, coming back from down 9 with 2 min left. Or to win the blueblood final four, pulling off the largest comeback in championship history.

But despite only a handful of 350 schools boasting more titles, I guess they just ain't gots what it takes, because Nick Collison missed some FTs in 2003, and they lost two more titles games by a single point. Drat.

Last point: If your criteria is how many times you win compared to how many times you have the talent to win.....K was the biggest choke artist out there. He had dominant talent almost every year for the last 4 decades. Duke apparently does not have championship DNA. Especially since they have only one more title than KU. Duke's had almost twice as many 1st rounders as KU since Self arrived. Same number of titles, even with KU being denied arguably their best opportunity in the Covid year. Hm.

Last edited:
Perhaps the biggest element of support of this is the fact that kansas choked when they had Roy Williams, and UNC did not.

Roy inherited one of the most loaded teams in recent memory at UNC. Then, in 2009, he somehow brought back everybody from a great team. They were just way more talented than everybody else that year. It's like if KU's entire 08 title team had returned. 08 UNC was actually considered to be better than KU until KU destroyed them in the final four. Returning all that talent was luck.

What if KU had returned their key players while UNC lost a bunch of guys? And what if KU had been able to get a clean entry pass to Wilt on the last play vs UNC in 1957 in triple OT? KU would have 6 titles to UNC's 4 and you guys would be saying that UNC doesn't have "championship DNA." 🤣

Roy inherited one of the most loaded teams in recent memory at UNC. Then, in 2009, he somehow brought back everybody from a great team. They were just way more talented than everybody else that year. It's like if KU's entire 08 title team had returned. 08 UNC was actually considered to be better than KU until KU destroyed them in the final four. Returning all that talent was luck.

What if KU had returned their key players while UNC lost a bunch of guys? And what if KU had been able to get a clean entry pass to Wilt on the last play vs UNC in 1957 in triple OT? KU would have 6 titles to UNC's 4 and you guys would be saying that UNC doesn't have "championship DNA." 🤣

lo effing el……

UK
UNC
UCLA
Duke
KU

That's the indisputable top 5 to me (can argue about the order).

Indiana
Uconn

Probably next 2 programs? If you value modern success over historical Uconn is clearly above IU.
I like making fun of them, but the next tier needs to include Louisville.

I like making fun of them, but the next tier needs to include Louisville.

I'm fine with that. But they officially only have 2 titles, right? I mean I count 2013 because hookers didn't win them the title but when you have 3 less titles than those above you that's a lot.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Does this really matter. I hug have always judged CBB success by titles , era’s highly competitive and just overall coverage.

That is one reason I had moved UCLA out for a few years but Cronin is bringing them back.

Also why while UConn has had tremendous success innNC games, I don’t consider them a blue blood.

There wasnt a 64 team tournament until 1985.

So some of these teams built records off winning 3 games in the tournament.

Tier 1 is now

UNC
DUKE
KENTUCKY
KANSAS
UCONN

UCLA
VILLANOVA
MICHIGAN ST are tier 2.

Reactions: Deepelm
Does this really matter. I hug have always judged CBB success by titles , era’s highly competitive and just overall coverage.

That is one reason I had moved UCLA out for a few years but Cronin is bringing them back.

Also why while UConn has had tremendous success innNC games, I don’t consider them a blue blood.

True
..but every year the same 8 teams win the title minus the exception.

There wasnt a 64 team tournament until 1985.

So some of these teams built records off winning 3 games in the tournament.

Tier 1 is now

UNC
DUKE
KENTUCKY
KANSAS
UCONN

UCLA
VILLANOVA
MICHIGAN ST are tier 2.
Whoa, wait now.....2 of UK's titles only required 3 wins: 48 and 49. Titles in 51 and 58 only required 4.

MOF, 5 of their 8 titles required less than the 6 it takes now...1978 only needed 5.

All three of Nova's titles required 6 wins....

MSU? Da fuq? THey were plum shit until Izzo. IU has 5 titles---MSU 2. Both have 1 title when 6 games were required----What is the tiebreaker here for MSU?

No team that wins 7 NCAAT titles in a row is Tier 2.

What IF Scott May doesn't break his arm in 75?

What IF Alan Henderson doesn't torch his knee in 93----Or had Funderburke not transferred?

What IF Isiah Thomas did not leave for the NBA after his sophomore year? Or IF Landon Turner had not been paralyzed in a car accident?

What IF IU doesn't lose Ted Kitchell and his 17ppg to injury in 1983?

Lot of us can play this game.

I mean what IF Jamal Meeks 3-pointer falls vs Duke, and game goes to OT?

What if Hornsby and Coverdale were not hurt vs MD in 2002?

Reactions: AWilli6995

What IF Alan Henderson doesn't torch his knee in 93----Or had Funderburke not transferred?

What IF Isiah Thomas did not leave for the NBA after his sophomore year? Or IF Landon Turner had not been paralyzed in a car accident?

My point was that 1 play in a 125 year period didn’t determine who has “championship DNA.”

The whole concept is hilarious. Like I said, someone might need to sit him down and tell him that the Easter bunny isn’t real either.

What if your Aunt had balls.

Wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see them win it all again.
They are definitely hitting their stride. They have a freshman player that dealt with injuries at the beginning of the season and now he’s one of their best scorers and he will be the conference freshman of the year. I would put UConn as the favorite, but how often does the favorite win it all?

Heck, if UConn wins it all again this year, that would be 6 titles, including going back to back.

Most definitely a blue blood at that point. Would have more championships than Duke and IU, and two more then KU. Cannot keep them out at that point.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
I'm not here to argue whether they should or shouldn’t be. To me it boils down to the passion of the fan base as well. Intangibles matter. Are their fans ever present talking about basketball, both on and off-season, or is it more of a surfacing of fans when they have a good year? Is basketball a rich part of the state’s tradition? Do their fans identify deeply with the program, obsess about the recruiting year-in and out? It’s how some explain the difference between new money vs. old money.

Just food for thought . . .

To answer your first question - yes, the fans are constantly talking hoops — the-boneyard.com is a pretty lively place. 2nd question — yes , basketball is huge in the NE and in CT. And yes on the 3rd

No disrespect but blue blood has a meaning in the words itself.

Are they one of the best all time? Clearly. Better than some bluebloods.

New money, old money.

I do think some teams can become bluebloods. There's quite a few teams who' has the longest history, ebs and flows.

Some would rather be new bloods. Modern era stc...

I’m not here to debate who is and isn’t a blueblood, but this statement rings true. There’s definitely an intangible, lasting pattern to a blueblood. It isn’t a “20 year thing” or race to titles. It is a lasting, generational level of success. It’s a combination of sustained success over time. This isn’t a disrespect to UConn. Im happy for them (except for our 2 losses :mad: to them).

One clarifying question can cut right to the heart of it:

Do actual bluebloods have to debate their status, or is it generally accepted beyond their fanbase?”

I think for the most part our fan base could care less about it. I find that in general its other fan bases that bring it up more so than we do.

Yes! I agree wholeheartedly! UK is a blueblood in a drought. I’d trade UConn’s recent success for ours in a heartbeat, status be damned!

• Love
Reactions: Deepelm
I think for the most part our fan base could care less about it. I find that in general its other fan bases that bring it up more so than we do.

I think your fanbase couldn’t care less about basketball period for about a decade.

Take this board for example. A year ago, there wasn’t a UConn fan to be found and now there are several.

Also, attendance reached historic lows a few years back.

Sorry to break it to you but this board reflects nothing in terms of fan support for any team besides UK and KU. There were many Uconn fans here years ago when it was a pay board and had good discussion. Once they made it free and all the low rent posters showed up, most of us went away. Our primary board for chat has always been active and busy.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
Sorry to break it to you but this board reflects nothing in terms of fan support for any team besides UK and KU. There were many Uconn fans here years ago when it was a pay board and had good discussion. Once they made it free and all the low rent posters showed up, most of us went away. Our primary board for chat has always been active and busy.

So back when UConn was consistently good under Calhoun, there were more fans here. Ya don’t say.

And it’s pure coincidence that these fans all disappeared when the program went into the toilet. Also pure coincidence that they decided they were no longer too good for the “low rent” posters immediately after UConn made a championship run. 😂

So back when UConn was consistently good under Calhoun, there were more fans here. Ya don’t say.

And it’s pure coincidence that these fans all disappeared when the program went into the toilet. Also pure coincidence that they decided they were no longer too good for the “low rent” posters immediately after UConn made a championship run. 😂

42169597517e002c875caab87aa02707.jpg

The only two posters I remember that were UConn fans were LST & Dr01 or w/e his name one. LST was a mod and Dr was a troll. So idk about that

ADVERTISEMENT