ADVERTISEMENT

ASK A REFEREE; BRING YOUR QUESTIONABLE WHISTLE HERE

812 270 2754

Call before 4pm....

9kv8179phpt91.gif

Didn't say that. Anyone who thinks that's what I was saying probably is, though
But that's what you did say:
"But yeah some armchair, mentally challenged, biased mofo, knows better."

What I'm saying is, with all the experience and training that these seasoned officials have, they should be better. They can't tell the difference between a legit foul and an acting job and that tells you more about the individual than the fraternity of officials.

You're coming unhinged and challenging us to go an officiate a game, well, we're not the ones that chose that profession, they did and after all that experience, they still fall for these acting jobs. That tells me that maybe they aren't cit out for this.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
But that's what you did say:
"But yeah some armchair, mentally challenged, biased mofo, knows better."

What I'm saying is, with all the experience and training that these seasoned officials have, they should be better. They can't tell the difference between a legit foul and an acting job and that tells you more about the individual than the fraternity of officials.

You're coming unhinged and challenging us to go an officiate a game, well, we're not the ones that chose that profession, they did and after all that experience, they still fall for these acting jobs. That tells me that maybe they aren't cit out for this.
Again, context.....

You are saying this---"I know more".----But you don't.

Unhinged?---How? I didn't challenge you to officiate a game. I invited you to try out, and even offered to pay.

But you can? A guy with zero experience....zero training----Some how knows more?

See what I mean?

Edit---And FTR, it doesn't mean you or any other fan are not valid in your concerns, complaints, etc...Because, well they ae(valid). But pretending you somehow know more, thus insinuating you could do better, is the laughable aspect----and the "mentally challenged" portion as well.

Its a very difficult job. Much tougher than you can imagine. The criticism is expected, welcomed, and at times, deserved. But to act as if you KNOW more, is asinine.

Man, I just thought about something . . . what if Jeff took you up on your offer and you all worked a game together!? jumpingsmile
It would cool. He'd see real quick just how difficult the job is. And that's w/o fans/coaches berating your every whistle.

FTR---We wouldn't work games together for a multitude of reasons. Most important reasoning----You have to be good.

• Haha
Reactions: Random UK Fan
Again, context.....

You are saying this---"I know more".----But you don't.

Unhinged?---How? I didn't challenge you to officiate a game. I invited you to try out, and even offered to pay.
So you're deflecting now. I literally showed you where you called dude's 'mentally challenged' because they dared to question a trained ref, denied you said it and are now deglecting after I proved you said it.

Again, trained and experienced officials should be better at detecting bad acting jobs, but what I'm seeing right now, is some pathetic efforts out of refs that should be better.

If I was that bad at my job, I would have been fired years ago, but these guys can get away with it, because the NCAA sucks as an organization.

But you can? A guy with zero experience....zero training----Some how knows more?

See what I mean?

Edit---And FTR, it doesn't mean you or any other fan are not valid in your concerns, complaints, etc...Because, well they ae(valid). But pretending you somehow know more, thus insinuating you could do better, is the laughable aspect----and the "mentally challenged" portion as well.

Its a very difficult job. Much tougher than you can imagine. The criticism is expected, welcomed, and at times, deserved. But to act as if you KNOW more, is asinine.
It is a tough job, I never said it wasn't and here's the thing, there are some damn good officials out there, but the ones that suck, are the ones that everyone remembers and there are many that suck and should have retired years ago.

See what I mean?

Again, I know it's a tough job, but when you have 10+ years under your belt, you should be better than what I'm seeing.

Just wondering what your alls thought were on the officiating of the UK/AU game? Saw some weird stuff.
I thought it was great. Couple of weird calls, but nothing that changed the game.
A game that physical can't be very easy to officiate. I give them an A+ and I wish all games were called that way.

Last night Kentucky had goal tending called on them on what was clearly a block shot out of bounds. They initially awarded auburn the basket so UK got the ball out of bounds. They then at the next stop ball overturned the goal tend which was right. However since the initial play was a block out of bounds. Them overturning caused a loss of possesion for Auburn which we would have gotten had the block out of bounds been called initially. This had no effect on the game overall but why cant goal tend be reviewed right after the play? Not later on when it can indirectly cause a team a loss of possesion they would have had if call had been made correctly initially

Same thing happened to UK a couple weeks ago. After the block, Onyenso had the ball and was ready to dunk it, but they blew the whistle and called a goaltend. Reviewed it at the tv timeout and took the points off the board. UK lost by 2. I believe it was the Florida game.
I think thats a call the should not be reviewable since it can result in points being taken off the board later on. Or, maybe don't blow the play dead if the shooting team ends up with the ball. Idk, it's a tough one.

Agreed. Dont call the play dead and also review it right then. No reason to way until next dead ball

Good questions. It stopped the flow of the game.

@IUfanBorden,

What does the rule book say on these instances?

Good questions. It stopped the flow of the game.

@IUfanBorden,

What does the rule book say on these instances?
Ugh, all he's gonna do is tell us we have no idea how hard it is and none of us know what it's like.

Hardest job in the world used to be a bomb defuser, but now, it's college officiating and only a select few people can do it.

Reactions: RR30

See what I mean?

If only they had monitors for questionable calls. He'll, they checked 15 times to make sure UK didn't touch an Auburn player.

Ugh, all he's gonna do is tell us we have no idea how hard it is and none of us know what it's like.

Hardest job in the world used to be a bomb defuser, but now, it's college officiating and only a select few people can do it.
You ok?

If only they had monitors for questionable calls. He'll, they checked 15 times to make sure UK didn't touch an Auburn player.
Officiating today is no worse than it was 20-30 years ago---MOF, its better. Only difference---technology. We couldn't see the bad calls 20+ years ago. Now we can see the on 10 different camera's, in super slo-mo, High definition, etc...

Coaches wanted replay....Fans yelled for it.

Welp, here ya go

If 7:11 isn't an offensive foul than they should just say there's no such thing. Jeez.

How do some of these guys have jobs?

This is what I've been talking about. I get it, the job is hard, but it’s not about that, it's about how some individual refs can't tell the difference between a legit foul and a flop. Some of these acting jobs are really bad, but they're being rewarded.
You don't need to be a seasoned ref to see the flop in that video.

@IUfanBorden If a lob is thrown and a player is fouled when they're trying to catch the ball, is that not considered in the act of shooting? I saw a play like that a week or two ago, and was surprised it was a one-and-one. I mean, if he catches the ball, a dunk is about to happen. Thoughts?

@IUfanBorden If a lob is thrown and a player is fouled when they're trying to catch the ball, is that not considered in the act of shooting? I saw a play like that a week or two ago, and was surprised it was a one-and-one. I mean, if he catches the ball, a dunk is about to happen. Thoughts?
That happened to Edey this week and they called it a foul on the floor. Guessing that's in inconsistently called rule.

That happened to Edey this week and they called it a foul on the floor. Guessing that's in inconsistently called rule.

Sounds like it was called a non-shooting foul in both instances. And I'm guessing that's the rule. Maybe they have to cleanly catch it before it's considered to be in the act of shooting.

The game I was watching involved a one-and-one because one team had 7 fouls. Guess I thought the defender was essentially stopping them from getting their shot off, because if they catch the ball, it will likely result in a dunk. So, I was expecting 2 shots - and not a one-and-one.

Sounds like it was called a non-shooting foul in both instances. And I'm guessing that's the rule. Maybe they have to cleanly catch it before it's considered to be in the act of shooting.

The game I was watching involved a one-and-one because one team had 7 fouls. Guess I thought the defender was essentially stopping them from getting their shot off, because if they catch the ball, it will likely result in a dunk. So, I was expecting 2 shots - and not a one-and-one.
That is what I have always thought, and I have never refed.
Umpired some softball games at the recreation level. 🤣

Non-shooting , unless there is control, and/or a "tap". Similar to being fouled on a "tip in".

ADVERTISEMENT