ADVERTISEMENT

ASK A REFEREE; BRING YOUR QUESTIONABLE WHISTLE HERE

Apologies if discussed as haven't read the entire thread...

Why does a shooter get free throws when he is fouled AFTER having released the shot without being touched and comes down freely on his feet and is only then bumped by a defender closing out, usually inadvertently. The foul did not affect the shot attempt. Why isn't that a non-shooting foul and retain possession?

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Why does a shooter get free throws when he is fouled AFTER having released the shot without being touched and comes down freely on his feet and is only then bumped by a defender closing out, usually inadvertently. The foul did not affect the shot attempt. Why isn't that a non-shooting foul and retain possession?
Just think this has become an accepted practice.....Same with a lay-up.. Dude drives to the goal, releases the ball, returns to the floor, and the defender then hits him; usually due to momentum. But nonetheless, a foul gets called, and FT's awarded. I've called non-shooting fouls in such cases, and coaches have lost their fuking minds...But by rule, once you return to the floor, you are no longer an airborne shooter, BUT----the try is not considered over. So there is a "loop hole". Most of the time, you see where a defender does not allow space...or commits what is called "A to B movement". Not allowing the shooter room to come down, or space. In those instances, a shooting foul is acceptable.

Was this a legal body slam?

Edit: Idk why it says unavailable. If you click on it, you can watch the video.
That's not good for the refs. If the players and coaches know it's that easy to take down an official, this may become more of the norm.

The ole referees better start hitting the gym and taking some self defense classes in the off-season to battle these new waves of players and dad-coaches ready to throw down.........

Thats hilarious to me that the girl was in there swinging too 😂

Announcer was pretty golden as well.

sorry borden, shit cracked me up lol

How damn stupid does the ref have to be to make the first swipe or slap or punch or whatever, knowing NO ONE is gonna have their back and the entire effin gym might come down on their head.

Already reviewed...I gave an explanation. He'll now tell me something stupid.
Yeah, you called it a flop, which is lazy a f. Even if it was a flop, that’s a no call. There was no contact.
Thinking that's a foul, is one of many reasons why refs continue to ruin the college game.
You don't see that bullshit called at the NBA level. Guess that's why these dudes are still officiating college games.

Actually two questions here...

1--After releasing the shot. Shooter is considered airborne. Stil in the act of shooting.

2- Hit once returned to the floor---This should be a non-shooting foul. SOmetimes its splitting hairs. Has become an accepted practice.

Yeah, you called it a flop, which is lazy a f. Even if it was a flop, that’s a no call. There was no contact.
Thinking that's a foul, is one of many reasons why refs continue to ruin the college game.
You don't see that bullshit called at the NBA level. Guess that's why these dudes are still officiating college games.
No, no---I didn't call it a flop. You said there was no contact. Not me.

He puts both his hands into the offensive plaeyrs chest. And there seems to be minimal contact. Either way, defensive player never obtained LGP. And look, if you wanna act like you were smashed, ok---fine. I'll hit ya with a blocking foul. Maybe you stop the dumb shit.

Terrible mechnaics. No idea what hes doing---or calling. Dudes are human, after all.

If you tink you can do better, DM me. I'll set you up.
One thing's for sure, I wouldn't fall for the acting jobs today's refs fall for.

It’s a really hard job, but some refs are really bad at it.

Reactions: treyforuk
No, no---I didn't call it a flop. You said there was no contact. Not me.

He puts both his hands into the offensive plaeyrs chest. And there seems to be minimal contact. Either way, defensive player never obtained LGP. And look, if you wanna act like you were smashed, ok---fine. I'll hit ya with a blocking foul. Maybe you stop the dumb shit.
That defender was already there, he fell backwards to avoid contact and did NOT gain an advantage. That should be the determining factor.

The whole LGP has gotten to the point where it's impossible for the defender to do anything but let the guy score.

Reactions: treyforuk
you called it a flop, which is lazy a f.

If you tink you can do better, DM me.

Yeah, lets trade jobs, I'll officiate a game, you go out and climb cell towers and pour concrete. Just let me know

What my imagination instantly goes to . . .

e9f5f7c1343da368628516c93be56891.jpg

Would be pretty funny to see an armchair ref out there for a game. 😂
Im 100% serious. There are lots and lots of little intricacies that fans don't understand. One being, game management. Another being why not all contact is the same....The big one---not nderstanding the principles of legal guarding position...Another is play calling, and "marrying" yourself to certain calls.

Its just as "simple" as some think.

Do we make bad calls---have bad games....inconsistent---Sure? But I laugh when I hear dudes say such and such is this or that---is awful. Its comical. Dudes that have worked 10 FF's and multiple national title games---are awful?

Riiiiiiiiiiight. These dudes are assigned via how they grade, their votes, etc....Guess who votes?

The coaches. So if "Official X" is working multiple NCAAT, E8, etc....Its because the coaxhes, the assingers, head of officials, etc----are saying---"this dude is pretty damn good."---But yeah some armchair, mentally challenged, biased mofo, knows better.

GTFO.

Serious as ****....Anyone wanna give it a go?

812 270 2754

Call before 4pm....I have a game, and will be traveling after 4. Or call anytime.

Here is your chance. I will pay your clininc AND camp fee. Stipulation---if you are hired, you have to pay me back,

Im 100% serious. There are lots and lots of little intricacies that fans don't understand. One being, game management. Another being why not all contact is the same....The big one---not nderstanding the principles of legal guarding position...Another is play calling, and "marrying" yourself to certain calls.

Its just as "simple" as some think.

Do we make bad calls---have bad games....inconsistent---Sure? But I laugh when I hear dudes say such and such is this or that---is awful. Its comical. Dudes that have worked 10 FF's and multiple national title games---are awful?

Riiiiiiiiiiight. These dudes are assigned via how they grade, their votes, etc....Guess who votes?

The coaches. So if "Official X" is working multiple NCAAT, E8, etc....Its because the coaxhes, the assingers, head of officials, etc----are saying---"this dude is pretty damn good."---But yeah some armchair, mentally challenged, biased mofo, knows better.

GTFO.
So anyone that critisizes a ref, is mentally challenged???

ADVERTISEMENT