ADVERTISEMENT

ASK A REFEREE; BRING YOUR QUESTIONABLE WHISTLE HERE

Same ole shit different day. So we end up using our last Timeout to call an inbounds play down 1 with 4-5 seconds left. Ref lets us run the play then stops it takes the ball and we gotta run the same damn play. For what so Vandy can be happy on graduation day?! We been getting pounded by these refs all year SMH.
That's hard to tell how much force #4 put into his arm when the other player went flying. It happens so fast, but #4 did put his arm on him. Probably a flop, but it's just so hard to tell.

On the bright side, at least Higgins won’t be the only ref receiving death threats. 😆
d5c9b05d-e267-46fc-b513-70a4c629f3f9_text.gif

I have watched and rooted for college basketball for over 50 years. The game has certainly changed in that time. Unfortunately we have to have officials. Anyone who thinks they are all equal in ability must be blind. You might notice that occasionally coaches complain to the conference and referees get disciplined.
Unfortunately there are no recourse for a lost game. I am still chewing on my team getting s------d by one terrible official.

Unfortunately there are no recourse for a lost game. I am still chewing on my team getting s------d by one terrible official.
Just anywhere from $1500-$3500 or so. It also impacts grading....tournament assignments, etc...

But what do I know...

Reactions: Deepelm
I thought they changed the rule this season that the offensive player doesn't have to be airborne anymore. That they just have to be planted to start their upward motion.

"Under the new rule, a defender to draw a change must be in position at the time an offensive player plants a foot to go airborne to attempt a field goal."

Edit: I just realized this was an old thread.
SmokinSmile

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
Just anywhere from $1500-$3500 or so. It also impacts grading....tournament assignments, etc...

But what do I know...
The fact that Eric Curry didn't move on to the next round isn't enough for me. Insiders in Vegas knew how it was going to go down before the game. Of course this is all hearsay. In like a 15 minute span Florida went from being -1.5 to being +1.5 the morning of the game.

Can we use this thread to bitch about home plate umpires? Because they are terrible at their jobs. I've watched every Braves game this year and I've never seen so many balls called strikes. Every single game there's at least 7-8 balls called strikes and a lot of times they aren't even close to the zone. @IUfanBorden
1. The "box" you see on TV,is not the box MLB uses.

2. If I call 100 pitches in a game, and miss 7-8-----I mean......That's 93%. Meaning I am getting 9 out of every 10 pitches right...

3, Box we see in a college game is not the box we use, eithr.

I do however agree some umpires need to go. But there are plenty who are very, very good.

98-100+ mph----from 60 feet. You have less than a second to decide.

Easy job.

Can we use this thread to bitch about home plate umpires? Because they are terrible at their jobs. I've watched every Braves game this year and I've never seen so many balls called strikes. Every single game there's at least 7-8 balls called strikes and a lot of times they aren't even close to the zone. @IUfanBorden
Been going on for years. I remember Ron Gant for the Braves walking away from the plate because a call was so bad, and before he got back in the batters box, the ump told the pitcher to throw his pitch, so he did, and that was also called a strike.....with no batter in the batters box.

Then there was this gem.

1. The "box" you see on TV,is not the box MLB uses.

I get that, but man some of these calls are wayyyyyy of the plate. Marcell Ozuna specifically seems to get the worst strike calls.

I do however agree some umpires need to go. But there are plenty who are very, very good.

Yeah most are really good but a few of these guys need their eyes checked.

98-100+ mph----from 60 feet. You have less than a second to decide.

Easy job.

Definitely would be a tough job. I quit baseball when dudes starting throwing 80-85 (bc I'm a huge pussy). I couldn't imagine trying to hit or ump 100.

I get that, but man some of these calls are wayyyyyy of the plate. Marcell Ozuna specifically seems to get the worst strike calls.

Yeah most are really good but a few of these guys need their eyes checked.

Definitely would be a tough job. I quit baseball when dudes starting throwing 80-85 (bc I'm a huge pussy). I couldn't imagine trying to hit or ump 100.
Job is hard..but that doesn't mean you're allowed to suck.

Fastball was the easiest adjustment for me going from HS to college..it was the off speed shit that was hard. When you are use to seeing 85mp fastballs...but now are seeing 80 mph curves...90 mph sliders, etc...Sheesh.

ADVERTISEMENT